NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO A PROGRAM SHOULD ONLY DO ONE THING!

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO A PROGRAM SHOULD ONLY DO ONE THING!

Attached: no simisear.jpg (233x217, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QM1iUe6IofM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You mad kid? Did someone complain about your sub par app that does a couple of things?

a class should only do one thing
a program can do as many things as you want

I'm a C programmer and what is this.

>make the scope broad enough
there, it only does one thing kiddo.

> t. hello world brainlet

so what bloated shit are you using that someone called you out for?

Another post in the series of "le reddit cancer man accompanied with greentext" threads.
This shit is just as bad as "out of context twitter screenshot" threads.

I wish janitors would get off their asses and actually delete this trash.

Attached: 1369446960901.png (256x310, 20K)

>encapsulation is good in all circumstances

Get with the times, grandpa. Enjoy your untestable shitty DI system that handles your spaghetti dependency graph for you and makes your code untestable due to using code generation as a crutch.

Chad functional programming is back. Long live global scope

Alala can't hear you..!

Attached: 1546091009504.jpg (397x453, 14K)

Exactly. Because it's easier for the user and the devs that way.

OOP is garbage.

>OOP is garbage

yes surely an entire paradigm of programming can be categorically discarded

It can because it doesn't make any sense.

to brainlets maybe

it does make sense

It can be very easily. You conflate data and functions the wrong way and now you suddenly have a huge portability and complexity problem.

>if you dont know how to write a program it can be a problem!
>unique to OOP

cringe and cancerpilled

>let me use this convoluted DI system and enforce its use in every project instead of just taking a step back and considering that OO may be the cause of this madness

No OOP is that problem, it's not the programmers fault.

imagine actually believing this

You're misunderstanding. It's fundamentally broken because OOP isn't how computers or people think or work. It's a retarded abstraction which just wastes time and effort and the only reason it exists is so that brainlets can dick around longer and get paid more for doing less real work. You're not even doing any real work most of the time because you have to worry about muh irrelevant things that aren't related to the actual problem you're trying to solve.

this always happens when people bash OOP they strawman Java specifically and talk about it turning into an intellectual circle jerk academic abstraction meme language.

What did 4channel mean by this?

Attached: 1563494189837.webm (360x294, 2.23M)

this board is fucking garbage

You take data, you put it into abstract boxes that don't know they're data, you mutate them randomly and don't follow a process, you split up the data into a bunch of different classes to extend your objects behavior complicating things immensely instead of doing something intelligent like composing functions. Object oriented programming has you writing boiler plate constantly to write your data into and out from objects when it all could have been data anyway, and they don't extend easily.
I would listen to a functional programmer like Rich Hickey (a guy who programmed in Java for most of his adult career) talk about the problems with modern programming design.

>the absolute state

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 10.06.42 PM.png (927x617, 126K)

It's easy to trash something when you haven't built anything. It's what's wrong with Haskellcunts and Functionalcunts in general

This shit's been studied dude this isn't even a controversial statement software today could be written way better and writing your shit into objects rather than as functions and data is perhaps the fundamental cause of that problem.
Lisp bros know this.

If only it were against the rules, protip: it's not. Jow Forums is a meme website, first and foremost. If you want serious discussion you have to find another website.

Lisp has CLOS.

Not as bad as animeposts.
>hurr durr anime website
It's a shitpost site too, checkmate.

I'm not familiar with common lisp but as a functional programming with immutability whatever it calls objects won't have all the problems.

C# is the same shit in a worse language.

citation needed

>his os isn't just tiny kernel, basic programs and 90% of libraries

after working with both I can definitively say OOP was a mistake. Functional just makes infinitely more sense, if it ain't broke don't fix it