/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on titles above parts lists to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600 - Good gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 1700X - Budget video editing
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM:
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks ONLY for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in code) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP
>B-die is EOL, stocks are limited

GPUs based on current pricing:
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660 - higher fps / more demanding games
>RX 5700 - even higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - basic
>RX 5700XT - standard
>RTX 2070 Super - higher framerates in SOME games
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070S OC - budget option. Turing performance scales better into 4K than Navi does.
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi AIB models come mid-August. 5700 blower is alright, due to low power.

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Yes, adaptive sync (free/g/sync) is important
>SSD Guide (250GB+ SATA bare minimums): i.imgur.com/79MYtoE.png
>NVMe isn't better than SATA SSD for gaming
>"Bottleneck checker" sites don't work
>Don't use Speccy
>AM4 VRMs + Monitors under "more"

more: rentry.co/pcbg-more
prev

Attached: 2019_04-21_LevelsofProgramCode.png (1138x768, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/Nf92pG
pcpartpicker.com/list/WGHvgw
pcpartpicker.com/list/Rt4FcY
pcpartpicker.com/list/zq7DD2
tomshardware.com/news/asrock-radeon-rx-5700-challenger-amd-graphics,39967.html
youtube.com/watch?v=VrIGrUEnoVk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>b450 pro carbon sold out everywhere near me
How is it possible in such a a big city?

Just bought these, 3600, 16-16-16-16-35, $200. Probably wasting my money a bit but on account of them being so sexy looking and the prices going up soon, I couldn't resist.

Attached: 2daa4eb3-e53c-f9f4-2b7c-8e3b7b22f81e.jpg (640x480, 37K)

i want to build but I don’t have the income to build all the pcs i want recreationally

When/why should you do CPU upgrades?

If you're a gamer, you should upgrade when the CPU can't keep up with the GPU anymore. This would be like once every 4-6 years.

If you're doing productivity shit, you could probably justify upgrading a lot more often, especially if you get paid for it.

What are some good cheaper rgb fans for pc.

the only thing that is rgb in my case is my gpu(and only on the side of the gpu) and my case looks pretty dated (case is rosewill challenger) so i'm looking to make it look more modern

When is the 9900ks coming and when is the evga 2080 super ftw coming? I plan on building a pc with that until 7nm euv for amd/intel/nvidia.

Can you mix up different timings of DDR3 RAM pairs together? I'm willing to accept slower speeds
11,13,13,31 and 10,11,10,30

1440p gaymen on 1700$ how doable is it? Consider I have to buy a monitor.

Country? If that's US, then it's very doable.

Is it possible in America? Absolutely.
pcpartpicker.com/list/Nf92pG

got bless the usa ;_;7

Then where are you?

change the case for a modern look. RGB fans have terrible life time and are not cheap (corsair being the only worthwhile RGB products producer).
Don't forget corsair has still many problems with rgb, but they are by far the best in this regard.

You generally want all sticks to be exactly the same (same model from same manufacturer with same timings, ... you get the idea). Everything else is just asking for problems and performance hits.

I AM in the US actually. Those were tears of joy. This is why we have freedom

here's my list
pcpartpicker.com/list/WGHvgw

just realized my list has a monitor with a bad backlight bleed, fixed it. pcpartpicker.com/list/Rt4FcY

Hah, I was actually making a 1500 Euro build for you in case you were in Germany. Nice. You can get a 1440p build for as little as $1300.
pcpartpicker.com/list/zq7DD2

i’m going to be building a new mitx rig in the new h210, are there better cases out there?

I was looking at that motherboard but it seems it has massive problems with the bios

How long is the wait on the super going to be? I don't know if I want to wait very long. What about getting a 5700xt and trying to fix the cooling. I would prefer the xt if it didnt have terrible cooling.

>buy 800 dollars graphics card capable of doing 144 fps
>cpu can only deliver 60fps
>realize over half of the value of your card is going to waste because your cpu isn't good enough

ASRock has announced the release of a minor overclocked "Challenger" series for the 5700 cards. When is it gonna come though? Probably before the end of the month, I bet, to cash in on early sales. It's a dual fan card, and doesn't look particularly good, but at least there's a non-blower option.
tomshardware.com/news/asrock-radeon-rx-5700-challenger-amd-graphics,39967.html

Amd ryzen 2600 140€ euros is this a good deal or should i buy the new ones?

2070S hopefully arriving this weekend.

That's a dumb idea.

Why

Been out of the loop for a while. When is AMD gonna release their next

I just wanted to say, I have my 3700X + X570 build, and my 2070 Super arrives within the next 4.5 hours. So fuck you Jow Forums, I'm never coming back here again.

When is the 3900X shipping?

Attached: 1515489539275.gif (330x166, 2.24M)

So I upgraded from a 1600 to 3700x last weekend, why the fuck is the am4 socket/locking mechanism so shit? I ended up pulling the cpu out with the cooler and fucking bent several pins. Ive straightened them out but didnt test it, fingers crossed its ok. I was using noctua nt-h1 paste are there better ones that will help avoid this in the future?

Now I'm scared of installing my 3700x

Attached: 1560723949660.jpg (640x863, 224K)

Twist and pull

But yeah, it's fucking retarded, there are too many complaints about this

I'm also leaning towards a 2070S. I'd go with a 5700 XT but I play a lot of older PC games and I hate trouble shooting games.

I have an asrock rx 580 and it's pretty alright

I wanted to get tomahawk + 3600 but I'm put off by all the issues that i'm seeing happen to people. Is there a b450 that had no issues with the new CPUs? X570 too expensive

Did the exact same thing on my 3600.

MSI send me pick related for purchasing one of their x570 boards. Is it any good? Should I even bother with installing it if I don't intend to overclock (not that it's even feasible with 3700x)?

Attached: cooler master masterliquid ml240l rgb.jpg (700x246, 30K)

can you sell it to me ç_ç I will be using the stock cooler

Why can't I buy an AMD CPU without a cooler?

I've been using a X470 crosshair7 and I've yet to run into any issues. They can even be gotten cheap on Amazon Warehouse, I got mine for $212 shipped.

Since I upgraded my GPU to an RX580, my computer hasn't been able to wake up from sleep.
Any ideas?

now I'm scared shitless, because I've never built a PC and it was supposed to be really hard to fuck up. th-thanks, Jow Forums.

Cheapest, still usable Mainboard for an 2600? (Running an 1070 with it, 16gb RAM)

Works on my intel machine.

You buy budget parts you get cut corners. A cheap, nasty socket is one such corner.

Whats the popular choice of mobo if I'm building a Ryzen 3700X build.

Any msi board

PC parts are surprisingly durable, don't worry so much.

I have my old build shoved into the bottom of a drawer, no case or anything, only grounded by an old phone book and and it's been trucking along for the last year or so as a shitposting machine with absolutely no issues. I also managed to fuck up the CPU installation when I was putting it back together but I just turned it the right way and it was fine.

>5700 is purposefully locked to not achieve 5700xt clocks
amd going full nvidia tier jewry

Attached: 1563321045687.png (734x1108, 64K)

Intel and nvidia have always been the products of choice for enthusiast overclockers.

>Intel and nvidia have always been the products of choice for enthusiast overclockers.

Attached: 1497991611990.png (500x913, 230K)

If I get a 2070 super, can I power it off a single PSU cable? Pretty sure it'd 8 pin + 6 pin?

Are there any instructions out online on how to install the Accelero Xtreme IV on a 5700 XT?

AMD "advertised boost clocks aren't guaranteed" Ryzen 7

just unlock it bru, you'll want to stick on a better cooler tho

Germany isn't bad either, other EU countries suck dick.

>Intel
>product of choice for OC

Attached: delidtel.jpg (1315x794, 510K)

how so?
every manufacturer pulls out BS numbers to inflate theirs
but the fact that intel has to make you pay a premium to OC a cpu is the cherry on the top

seconding this. the manual and video guides for other cards look fucking scary. kinda starting to regret not waiting for AIB and getting myself into all that shit for my first build

I don't understand why there are different kind of the same GPU for example Sapphire or xfx

It's your first build? Damn, I wouldn't bother with it then, I've built like 100's of PC's (worked at a PC repair/parts store before). And I'm still kind of worried of messing up since you have to cut up a piece of plastic to make sure it doesn't short.

amd provide the chip and private company make the board
some have better coolers and better pcb which have better base clocks and makes it better for OC

>but the fact that intel has to make you pay a premium to OC a cpu is the cherry on the top
I don't know it it's still a thing (was during the 4790k and 4590k time), but what even funnier is that you could either have overclocking or virtualization support, but not both

yes, as long as you have enough amps on the 12v rail you should be fine.

Will the x570 aorus ultra be enough for zen 2 and zen 2+?

igor from toms hardware has the thingo, search through youtube theres an english speaking guy who explains how to do it

youtube.com/watch?v=VrIGrUEnoVk
that one?

you'll be fine, it was the removal of the old cpu that was the issue, building it is easy just take your time.

well, I've already bought a reference 5700 xt and Arctic Accelero Xtreme IV (on invoice so I can't return it). I checked if any computer service shops in my area offer GPU cooler installation, but it's only CPU cooling at best. fml

yea should be it

MSI are releasing a MAX version of the Tomahawk that will support the 3000 series out the box if you don't mind waiting a bit longer.

Although the site I ordered from (CCL, UK-based) offered to upgrade the BIOS for free on my motherboard since I bought it with a Ryzen 3600.

Fucking what?

Built my first PC yesterday, let it download drivers and update and shit overnight. Everything seems to be working great, I'm really happy

What's the best free program to run some benchmark tests to get an idea of how fast it is? Because I've been on a laptop, I don't own any really intensive games yet

What's the best x570 board under 320€ - 350€?

Any of the uniengine ones are popular. Superposition is the most up to date one.

Thanks bud, downloading now

Attached: Screenshot_20190719-104340~2.png (1080x1679, 120K)

It's a very intensive benchmark, so don't worry if performance doesn't seem great.

So what the hell is the verdict with the x470 and b450 motherboards right now? Are suitable for Zen 2 chips or not? Should i wait?

Attached: 1547143561718.png (428x443, 185K)

B450s- you need to be able to flash the board without a CPU. Flashback+ is what it's called on MSI boards.
My personal experience is that I flashed a B450-PRO with flashback+ without the CPU in the mobo and it worked fine. Running a 3600 as we speak.

So now that the Newegg sales and Amazon Prime Day are over, I want Jow Forums to rate on a scale of 10 how I did with my haul:

>Asrock b450 motherboard atx
>ryzen 2600
>Zotac GTX-1660-ti
>16gb ddr4 3000mhz
>500gb M.2 Crucial nand ssd
>Thermaltake Standard 80+ PSU 600W
>Thermaltake case + 3 case fans

750 bucks total; good? Alright?

I'll have to add a Seagate hdd for more storage to go with the ssd, but i'm happy with everything.

I have a bunch of Arctic Silver Ceramique 2. I know that's not their top-end paste and Arctic Silver hasn't been the choice of the l33t cognoscenti for like a decade anyway. Is it worth getting fancier paste? If so, what should I get?

Curious question.
Should I grab a R7 2700 for 150€? I am currently using a R5 2600 and I know the 3000 series is out but I went with a retarded MSI B450-a pro that has lots of problems with bios updates and will not give full functionality so on. So thought would it be a good thing to get a R7 2700 while it's cheap?

isn't it nice when AMD saves a buck here and there and you are stuck with dealing with the shit afterwards?

I'm planning to acquire the 3700X for 3D work among related things, there are so many variants of these boards as opposed to the 3-4 variants for the one i currently have that i just have no idea what to get.

>amd tells GPU users to undervolt and limit max wattage to reduce housefire heat generation

>only a 50$ difference between the RX 5700 and the RX 5700 XT
Am i missing something?

>I have a bunch of Arctic Silver Ceramique 2. I know that's not their top-end paste and Arctic Silver hasn't been the choice of the l33t cognoscenti for like a decade anyway. Is it worth getting fancier paste? If so, what should I get?
Nocuta NT-H1 or MX4 will do you really good, easy to use, one of the best performances, great price to volume.
Be sure you avoid overpriced and overshilled crap like kryonaut as it costs double and performs worse.

Attached: kryonaut is good goy, just buy more of it, surely it was user error, try another 20 applications.jpg (2104x4832, 2.02M)

a competent cooling system.

Yeah, nothing the aftermarket cards in August shouldn't fix. But other than that?

You'll want an after market one due to the cooling being shitty on reference cards though

Hmm, well if you really want to consider possible downsides.
Overpriced compared to what GPUS are supposed to cost. Slightly cheaper than Nvidias overpriced shit as well. Both companies have overpriced their gpus by a huge margin.
No ray tracing or AI cores if you care about such games or workloads like AI Training or rendering.
Possible issues with older games, some not running at all, some running with stutters and frametime issues, some running without certain visual effects.
That's about all, besides the cooling system being inadequate for comfortable usage, but some people don't care about WHIRRRR noise in the background so...

>undervolt and overclock at the same time is bad
>Nvidia selling factory OC cards as Super
>Nvidia selling 3.5GB cards as 4GB

Attached: 1562889561186.jpg (2419x3226, 878K)

I mostly do 3D work and general office computing, occasionally games and mapping/modding on the Source Engine. Also, the VAT is 23% here so i generally always disregard NVidia's options, ditched the idea of the 1660 Ti long ago.

I originally considered the Vega 56, 64, or the RX 580 or RX 590 as a replacement for my R9 280X Twin Frozr and my 4770K. I don't see any future proofing in RT cores right now though, given i have no real use of it (assuming the Maya or C4D rendering engines i use don't use them), and as far as i know it will become immediately obsolete following next year.

>Possible issues with older games, some not running at all, some running with stutters and frametime issues, some running without certain visual effects.

This may present a problem as i mostly play on older games.

>That's about all, besides the cooling system being inadequate for comfortable usage, but some people don't care about WHIRRRR noise in the background so...

Well, i replaced the stock cooler and paste on my 4770K after 4 years because of how obnoxious the WHEEEEEE noise was, so i'm intending to wait for the aftermarket releases in August. In the meantime i'll pair my 3700X with my R9 280X as soon as i get the components. I wonder how much of a bottleneck that will cause.

where ?

>I don't see any future proofing in RT cores right now though, given i have no real use of it (assuming the Maya or C4D rendering engines i use don't use them), and as far as i know it will become immediately obsolete following next year.
Mmmm depends on how soon you want to use it.
As both Nvidia is pushing this and AMD is going to include it in consoles next year and their bigger navi, I doubt the tech is not going to be used in the future.
Anyway it's up to you.

>This may present a problem as i mostly play on older games.
Look up if the old games you really care about and if they have issues with AMD cards.
For me, I found out through personal experience :
Kotor 1, no framebuffer effects(stealth being trasnparent, lot of visual effects) and soft shadows can't be used otherwise game crashes and there is no other fix for it.

Witcher 1 has constant fps dips and unstable framerate, talking about a vega that's twice are powerful as a nvidia card, yet the nvidia card provides stable framerate and even higher fps.

Quantum break, underutilization with vega card, leading to constant dips in fps and lower over all performance.
Talking about a 2060 having stable 60fps while a vega 64 was struggling to get stable 40fps.

Games like Generals and Generals Zero hour, literally don't work.

And before you start with shit.
Using the same system but with clean driver instal and nvidia card, none of the issues are present.
Yes, I have tried both win 10 and win 7.
No problems on the nvidia card, and consistent issues with older games like mentioned above with amd card.

>Well, i replaced the stock cooler and paste on my 4770K after 4 years because of how obnoxious the WHEEEEEE noise was, so i'm intending to wait for the aftermarket releases in August
Most wise, I suggest people wait for better coolers on navi as blowers are only for special breed of people.

>spreading literal lies on Jow Forums for weeks
I hope you are paid for it because the other possibility is mental retardation

>3700X just jumped by 50$ in price to 430$
Do the suppliers have hands growing out of their ass?

Attached: 3700x.png (668x315, 96K)