AMDrones will defend this

AMDrones will defend this

Attached: dd03bv0x6hl21.jpg (3840x2160, 893K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cMY-EEFkGVk?t=830
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

looks like caveman user error

Defend what, pin grid array?

LGA is literally the only thing Intel has over them at the moment.

nobody would defend that paste application
nobody should be defending paste anything in the first place

Neither PGA or LGA are a good idea.
You're actually retarded if you defend LGA, enjoy your burned pads.

You glued them together with TIM. Good job on that one. The fix would be as easy as twisting the cooler before ripping it out, but I guess that would be too easy.
LGA is much more likely to brick when anything goes wrong.

Literally who cares about LGA vs PGA. It takes 2 seconds per year to install either.

Is this how low the Intel shills have fallen?

Happened to me yesterday, is it bad for the cpu?

it seems to work normally so far.

As long as none of the pins were broken, you're fine. Even a bent pin can be dealt with using simple tools.

It's driving me crazy because I can't remember. I'm pretty sure I would've noticed if one was bent or missing but I don't know anymore.

What are the symptoms of a broken pin?

iim using toothpaste as thermalpaste am i doing it wrong?

>symptoms of a broken pin
Your system doesn't turn on, most of the time. Less of the time, you can have a deactivated memory channel. It's also possible that you break a redundant or nearly useless pin, and there is no negative impact.
You most likely haven't done damage to your CPU, otherwise you would know immediately.
I use mayo

it runs for 2 months now and i dont have anyproblems. why should i buy (((thermalpaste)))?

Actually the best method is to use a small cloth. Keep your processor nice and cozy on a cold day.

LGA breaks from regular use, even if you do everything right. It's a single-use socket, you are not supposed to disassemble it.

You can lose a redundant ground pin or an unused pin for your particular SKU without issues usually.

I care. I'm still afraid to remove CPU from my old intel system even though the mobo has been shelved for 3 years already. Because every time you remove LGA CPU the pins in the socket bend.

Thanks, I've had so many problems with my last config that I got a little paranoid now.

>Literally who cares
This could (and should) be applied to the whole intel vs amd vs nvidia shilling/debate.

>Shit paste/application
>Somehow it's AMD's fault
mmmh...

Attached: 1543840217400.jpg (991x1200, 131K)

This is what happens when you try to save a couple bucks by cheaping out with budget AMD CPUs instead going with a quality intel system.

You're supposed to do a slight twist before removing the CPU.
It's not AMDs fault that you don't know how to build a computer.

This is what happens when people on Jow Forums and similar internet boards suggest idiots to "build their own" instead of paying the shop to build it or buying prebuilt, laptop, mac, videogame console.

you clearly didnt stress your cpu to get the paste nice and hot or twist it when taking off the cooler how retarded can you be im guessing you came from a prebuilt intel system

nah this is just pga being a shit with a large hsf. every first timer (if they're being honest) has had a hard time removing a large cooler from pga.

that thermal paste application is fucking horrendous

PEBKAC

load of bull

If you're not a mongoloid you can swap CPUs on LGA many times without damaging the socket.

liar

Accidentally cracking your cpu die because it was completely exposed on top of the chip and all heatsink designs were shit with clips that needed 100 pounds of force to engage? I can understand.
Slipping and putting a screwdriver through your board because you need to lever said heatsink clip down with a tool under said force? I get that.
Actually advocating clamping your cpu inside a steel cuck shed because you didn't shear the thermal paste before engaging retard strength? Not so much.

Attached: crunching sounds.jpg (320x240, 18K)

Don't front. This has been a solved problem since the 90s.

stop projecting faggot and next time have your pc built by professional that is able to apply thermal paste properly, or better, buy a mac and playstation

liar liar cpu on fire

>buy a mac
fuckin iToddlers

Attached: satania.gif (400x400, 155K)

Where does this meme come from? Do some AM4 boards lack the small lever to hold down the CPU? Does it not work properly? I've never had any issues with it.

Attached: fc35d709692f32cccdf420972282e31e7176a594a1ddfa311d63e818e325042d.jpg (876x719, 117K)

>all the pins are fine
Meanwhile, in Intel land...

Attached: guess whose site this image is from.jpg (232x166, 19K)

Attached: bentium.jpg (1280x640, 87K)

weird flex but ok

Attached: carlos.jpg (274x200, 8K)

TWIST HARDER, you weak faggot!

The locking mechanism on PGA ZIF sockets doesn't apply a ridiculous amount of pressure to the pins so it's possible to still yank the CPU out with enough force.
It's mainly meant to ensure solid electrical contact, but also not be so tight that all the pins get ripped off instead of letting go when some bumblefuck chimps out on the heat sink.

Mainly pic related.
Note how it actually blocks you from twisting the heatsink to properly break the thermal interface for removal.
Unsurprisingly it's an Intel design, and also unsurprisingly they assumed we needed metal cages and lga pins that make shit contact instead of considering that they may have blundered on the bracket design when people started pulling their housefireburst chips out of their sockets.

Attached: socket 478.jpg (1440x1080, 413K)

If been using AMD for 2 years and this has never happened because I know that the chip has pins on it that I twist the cooler and then lift one side up. If you know your using a chip that has pins on it you should know how to avoid such things.

That's pre applied paste though...
But yeah it's mostly user error, if you are not sure how to do something look it up; you are supposed to heat up the cpu and twist.

No. I do not defend direct contact pipes. Pretty sure those gaps between them.does more harm that having direct contact pipes.

It's not even the fact that it has pins. You could build a locking frame for any socket, but with LGA it's required just to get it to stay in there.

I never knew to twist and have had no problems with this on the many builds ive had

/thread

What's wrong with the paste application? It evenly covers the entire CPU. Looks good to me.

Kek, good one user

FLOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEENS
your app crashes when i zoom in this image. fix your shit

This looks like the cpu of someone who chooses not to have their pc on for a few minutes first before removing their processor.

Looks like there is a little bit too much tho.

What's the problem?

>he doesn’t twist his cooler before he rips it off like grug

>replacing an Intel cpu on the same board
It’s like you don’t even want to keep the goyim in fear.

But you literally just proved that you don't care because you couldn't be bothered to do anything about it for 3 fuckin' years. If that's not the very definition of "not caring" then I don't know what is.

Bad meme.

Not a meme. Too much thermal paste has a negative effect on temps.

Wrong

I cared to not buy into LGA again

Alright then, keep telling yourself that senpai

Attached: 1549475602383.jpg (431x450, 68K)

I legitimately didn't see a problem until I saw this retarded post.
t. Intel fanboy

a slight twist before lifting the cooler solves this, you fucking retard of an OP

I do this all time time. It's not a problem I would prefer the stress to be applied by me between the edges of the CPU and the sink instead of on the connecting pins of the motherboard.

Also that satisfying feeling when the CPU just drops into the pins as opposed to intel motherboards crunching and scraping as you ram the lever down hoping everything is aligned properly.

Thats kinda the reason I'm waiting for next gen threadripper.
it's perfect if AMD manages to get it done.

>inb4 why no buy epic fampai??
Can't overclock and it's slow as shit for single thread applications due to 2niggahertz because of a billion cores made specifically for server applications.

You cannot have too much. It just comes out the sides if there is too much and you wipe it up. You can have too little though and that is the only negative effect on temp you can get.

I won't. The mere fact that this happens is not okay. And blaming the user is not okay either.

If you twist the heat sink back and forth for a bit when taking it off of the CPU, it won't stick to it and rip the whole CPU out of the socket when you pull it off

How do you figure?

>Too much thermal paste has a negative effect on temps
The compression pushes the extra out the sides retard.
It's air bubbles that cause heat problems.

defend what?
why would someone put the cpu on the heatsink before putting it in the slot? seems like it'd be more difficult that way

that why you TWIST NOT PULL. you have to be a complete zoomer if this still happens to you

brainlet detected

socket* sorry

that's not why you are a brainlet. I'm being practical not pedantic.

It's too heavy, so surface tension will build up when you try to force them apart
This isn't rocket science, it's normal science

Its normal science and you're still wrong.

Thermal paste isn't going to take kindly when you pry it apart
The fact that this thread exists at all is proof of that. Pastes that thin out better (or really anything that isn't a shitty stock application) wouldn't cause this.

Defend what, retard?

only happens to people who can't open a bra
have sex m8

even if he broke something, there's a good chance it wasn't doing anything in the first place
youtu.be/cMY-EEFkGVk?t=830

Just fucking TWIST IT A LITTLE LIKE A NORMAL PERSON

>twist it a little
>it cracks free
>lifts right off
i never had this happen to me, and i've never seen someone in real life manage to do this
i feel like you would need to be /trying/ to do this for it to happen

>underages don't know the ancient art of twisting before pulling when unmounting coolers from certain sockets

you get what you paid for senpai

Just give it a twist

Top fucking kek you've used way too much paste