Just bought this. What should I expect?

Just bought this. What should I expect?

Attached: 51V2KZzUFhL._SX382_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (384x499, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

automatetheboringstuff.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Loads of crap you could have learned for free by jumping into a project and looking at stackexchange threads to help you get started with the language.

that python was implemented in C.

Didn't the author make some post about how using Python 3 was hard and refuses to move on from 2?

This one is better and free, now gtfo.
>automatetheboringstuff.com/

HARD TIMES.

There is literally no point in moving to 3 because every 3 library is retroported, none of the 2 libraries are ported and the synta, changed.

gen.lib.rus.ec

THIS.
> Imagine wasting money on lower than average quality learning material

This isn’t true, especially going forward.

it's an ok book if you never have written code in your life and doesn't know what a shell is.

It's slow at the beginning but i really liked some of the study drills and chapters like the one he teaches you about character encoding.

If you're a rookie, it's great!
Disregard edgelords and summerfag shitposters!

Attached: IMG_20190720_002403.jpg (2304x4608, 3.42M)

What's an actually good Python book for an absolute beginner?

the book in OP, lol

> Continuing to use a language that has an upcoming doomsday because you are too much of a brainlet to learn how to handle/print strings.

Attached: IMG_20190719_095129.jpg (4160x3120, 3.08M)

you're stupid as fuck if you can't use python 3 and this is the only retarded excuse you could find.

books are a fucking meme if you don't actually code urself

I know python basics to intermediate like doing a quite a bit of things and using libraries and shit to achieve what I want to do, where to go from here I want to learn stuff used in big projects and generally things that are not on surface on beginner books things like lambdas and all object oriented stuff, and generally non basic things, where should I go?

He was a little prudish about python 3 in that book, but then he released "Learn Python 3 the hard way"

what,did the change from python 2 to 3 do? whats the "doomsday"?

I read it. couldn't get past like 1/3rd of the book, got bored and unmotivated along the way.

Never gonna make it

It sucks.
Get automate.

For the beginner to the intermediate, basically nothing.

IMHO books are a waste of time and money. Just go and practice. Build something that you need. Something that will make your life easier. If you get stuck stack overflow is your friend. Good luck.

My comrade.

For the love of all holy; please, please don't learn python from this terrible book.

Automate the Boring Stuff is quite good:

the author whining on every page

You'll learn a useless language

A lot of print statements and trivial string shit all while being condescended at

Attached: 1402875133104.png (637x599, 435K)

I have that guys book on python 3, more python 3 and c. Python 3 book is pretty good if you are a complete beginner, more python 3 is good if you don't know what to do with knowledge you obtain from python 3 and c teaches you defensive programming though i haven't yet completed it because of work. Make sure you register on informit com to get access to videos for that book.

Attached: _20190708_090244.jpg (1076x806, 159K)

is that enough or do I have to buy his course

buying courses is a meme

procrastinating on Jow Forums

copy paste of the free reference documentation

i know im talking about that particular one
should I pirate it or is that site enough

LUA also implemented in C

>reading vs watching
Pick your poison.

I believe most OSes relevant today were implemented in C too

If you've never programmed before how can you just jump on a project? There aren't really any projects on GitHub that a beginner can contribute to aside from editing readmes.

Attached: 1334503246505.jpg (1280x720, 188K)

You're correct, sir!

15% learning material.
85% author trying to increase the length of the book by putting in pointless unneeded filler text.

Learn Java, C#, or whatever bigger language. Python is good for scripting or data analysis with numpy/pandas and that are what you should use it for.

I have some experience in java and android but honestly after using python its getting hard to go back to it, java is actually really hard all those interface and type system shit and object and how lot of tutorials and shit are just misinfo and bad. for the longest time I didn't even know how interfaces were actually used all shit indian websites were like "dude you just declare methods its a blue print bro for other devs" but there is actual other use too and this is just an example, learning java has become increasingly hard. but knowledge of android is nice with job hunting perspective, but if I see it like this, biggest market here is webdev and python is one of popular choices for backend, and java is seen as overkill now

>bought
you could have just read it for free online, so don't expect much because you're clearly an idiot

that subtitle is fucking gay

expect your python to get hard

i bought the course mainly because of what he said in the introduction
i just use the book though, i find the videos too distracting

Maybe you are the kind of person who is afraid of failure, so you give up at the first sign
of difficulty. Maybe you never learned self-discipline, so you can’t do anything that’s ”boring.” Maybe
you were told that you are ”gifted,” so you never attempt anything that might make you seem stupid
or not a prodigy. Maybe you are competitive and unfairly compare yourself to someone like me who’s
been programming for more than 20 years.
Whatever your reason for wanting to quit, keep at it. Force yourself.
after 35 years on this godforsaken earth 15 years of which were spent wondering aimlessly searching for who i am and something to do and a fucking programming book had all my answers.

no matter the opinions and expectations, just finish the book, cover to cover.

Attached: 1562607058575.png (971x280, 94K)

He is a retard who has autism and can only consider the present moment because his autism means he cant remember what life was like when he was a beginner

Takes one to know one, apparently.