Need advice quick on a new phone

Need advice quick on a new phone.

If i have to pick between IOS and android id pick ios, if i could put a new OS that doesnt collect data and shit on an android phone ill do that, i have option beteween P30 PRO and iphone XR both for free, quick help me out here.

Attached: helpquick.jpg (182x277, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.lineageos.org/devices/
wiki.lineageos.org/devices/enchilada/install
bell.ca/Mobility/Smartphones_and_mobile_internet_devices
puri.sm/products/librem-5/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I can also pick some other stuff too but i dont know what they would have abailable at the phone store

wiki.lineageos.org/devices/ Pick one of these devices, install LineageOS and don't install Google apps. There's your new OS that doesnt collect data and shit.

Xiaomi Redmi 7

P30 Pro is by far the better phone in every regard besides software support

>wiki.lineageos.org/devices/
whats the best on this list that theyd have in a phone store

You don't get phones for free. Nobody does, unless their work is paying. You're probably under contract for those phones.

Look into buying your own phone to save money on the contract, I'm using a $150 Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite and it works great especially for the price, and it didn't add to my contract situation.

Of the two, I'd prefer Huawei because at least it's the Chinese government spying on you instead of the NSA. Who am I kidding the NSA is in the Huawei too. Just get the Android so you can install FOSS apps like Kuroba (or Clover) and KDE Connect.

Probably the OnePlus 6
wiki.lineageos.org/devices/enchilada/install This guide will help you install LineageOS.

ok im getting it for free though.

Take the android. You can disable data collection by uninstalling google apps. But, since it's a shit device with a non-stock android it will have telemetry elsewhere. You can flash/install GSI if stable LineageOS isn't supported.
iOS also collects data, but they give you no way of removing data collection. On android you always have the option to uninstall even critical system apps through adb if you want to.

Galaxy S9/S9+, oneplus 6/5T

Ok, and what's the best android phone I could get overall with just android? Im thinking since ill get it for free might as well get the best one and wait for support with the lineage thing or whatever.

>Of the two, I'd prefer Huawei because at least it's the Chinese government spying on you instead of the NSA. Who am I kidding the NSA is in the Huawei too.
Yeah nice bullshit, but Huawei took a shit on every and everything by permanently locking their bootloaders, which OnePlus didn't. Sooooo, yeah, it's not the same. You can use a custom ROM and microG on all devices with custom ROM support, whereas you're stuck with EMUI or whatever they're calling it on Huawei.

Your best option is to buy OnePlus 7 Pro. It's one of the best devices on the market right now and oneplus devices always get lineage support. You can get the regular 7 (non-pro) but you should know that it has a notch.

THey dont have Oneplus at all unfortunaltey. they have samsung and huwaewi and xiamoni and iphone and maybe some other stuff

If you're not in America, Canada or China then go with galaxy s9+. If you are then you're fucked either way so might as well buy a Xiaomi Mi 8 because it has LineageOS support.

why america cnada china

P30 Pro by a landslide.

Attached: 1558343053363.png (671x488, 246K)

Applefag here, do not get the Xr.

lol, applefag means you have bad taste. so why not the XR?

The Samsungs have snapdragon CPUs there and a locked bootloader.

I cant get XIAOMI
bell.ca/Mobility/Smartphones_and_mobile_internet_devices

samsung
huawei
Google
apple
sony

etc

from my understand huawei and samsung are bad becaus of bootloaders,what about the others on te site. sorry i didnt post it before im in a hurr have to decide in like 20 mins

Take the iPhone and sell it, then you can buy a decent android phone with Lineage support.

i wouldnt own it unil after 2 years

Get Google Pixel 3 then.

why?

iPhones have 100% proprietary bootloaders and even if you find an exploit, you still can't do shit with them. No systemwide adblockers, etc.

Unlocked, supports lineageOS, minimal/stock android, good software support. The XL doesn't add anything other than a notch afaik.

what's a notch?

IOS unless you need something that can only be done on android specifically. If you plan on just using your phone as a phone, don’t fuck with android

Here.. put whatever os you want. Make your own os.
Separate baseband and CPU. Hardware switches for wireless, camera and microphone.

P20 Pro or Google Pixel 3? QUICK QUICK QUICK QUICK quick

Are you living under a rock? This retarded thing is a notch.

Attached: notch.png (910x300, 87K)

nah im not a nerd who posts on forums all day about gayphones

Now I know you're baiting.

If you do install LineageOS make sure to use MindTheGapps and then install Magisk, AFWall+, and AirFrozen so that way you get the best of both worlds (Functioning apps that rely on Google and also blocking Google spyware afterwards). Also install these Magisk modules to get your banking apps working:
- Busybox for Android NDK
- liboemcrypto disabler
- MagiskHide props config

I (different user) installed an XDA unofficial LOS16 ROM on my phone. Then did everything else you mentioned.

Is it OK/safe to use my banking apps? Or should I go with the LOS16 GSI? which is also unofficial, tho.

>magisk
Enjoy your brick
>banking apps
>on a device you'll use a web browser on and who knows what else
Lel

GSI is just made to be a device independent/universal ROM. It doesn't matter which you install but I wouldn't recommend unofficial ROMs.

My banking app works fine. You're on a custom ROM what do you mean safe? If anything I can take safer precautions towards spyware while having all the benefits of a custom ROM.

>Or should I go with the LOS16 GSI?
If you want to be a constant beta tester.

I know what I'm doing. Also there's no other safer rooting alternative ever since Chainfire sold out. Banking apps won't work with rooted phones or custom ROMs. That's why you need those modules. Also, I forgot to mention to Magisk Hide your bank app (you must do this or it won't work) and certify your Play Store: www.xda-developers.com/how-to-fix-device-not-certified-by-google-error

I meant like the guy that made the unofficial ROM installing some backdoor and accessing my banking data. Keep in mind I obviously have very little idea how this all works.

No im not, im not a fucking sissy woman. I didnt know what a "notch" was on a fucking phone

>on a technology board
>doesn't know what a term than even the most normiest of normies use
Yes, you're either retarded or baiting.

im retarded because no one i ever was with in my life taalked about notches on phones?

Yes, the fuck are you doing on Jow Forums if you don't even know baby words?

the absolute state of this chink basket weaving board
> dude just buy a defective phone for 800$ filled with spyware and install a new OS
How about buying a phone chinkware free to begin with?

To exploit your autism so I do less work.

>for free
give them back, Jamal.

Attached: 1514941201451s.jpg (248x189, 9K)

>its available for every single samsung galaxy device except s8, the one i use

For what reason is it compatible with s7 and s9 but not s8