How the fuck are you supposed to buy a decent USB drive when there's a mountain of trash floating around and no good...

How the fuck are you supposed to buy a decent USB drive when there's a mountain of trash floating around and no good info anywhere?
All these trash things advertise some peak write that they can only sustain for a second or two before plummeting to a fraction of their advertised bullshit speeds.

Attached: 34243.jpg (761x581, 27K)

Buy an mSATA SSD and a USB enclosure. It's small enough and will be fairly fast compared to shitty USB sticks. And when the USB connector gets fucked you don't need expensive data recovery. Just buy a new enclosure for $5.

What's your use case?
If you need anything even remotely approaching real performance or proper reliability, then you'll want to use something other than an USB stick.

Based

There are websites for this, dude.

you're on a website right now

whoa that's actually a great idea, brb doing this

Attached: buhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg (480x398, 15K)

>he doesn't download memory

Just choose Transcend, I guess.

Prove it, fuckazoid

they are fairly large in size and often dont work with low powered devices (phones/tablets). sandisk extreme is the best usb3 flash drive you can get

>they are fairly large in size
Maybe for ants.

>often dont work with low powered devices (phones/tablets)
Neither does the one in OP's picture.

USB drives should be considered one use throwaway cause in my experience that is exactly how long they last on average.
Either get 20x for like 15 bucks or just get an external HDD.

Yes, I'm doing this now with a 500G Samsung, but just be warned you're depending on passive cooling. The thing can shut down any time if it gets too hot. When I know I need some huge sustained writes I'll plug in a small USB fan beside it. Otherwise it's fine for other stuff, including playing games and just backing things up.

>fairly large in size
handlet detected

Attached: 0135794038.jpg (210x240, 8K)

The point of a flash drive is to have a storage device with a good read speed. That's why its substantially better to use a USB drive for installing operating systems over a DVD drive.

I need a semi permanent extension for my pathetic laptop's storage that I can conveniently move media files to from my main PC without waiting half a year.
Like what? All the ones I saw were trash.

USB just sucks in general.
I bought pic related for $10 in 2014 and it somehow ended up being the most reliable flash drive I ever had. We live in a society.

Attached: 04606dd3-665d-450d-ace4-684ad3e17a01_1.14ab6190a1c71fb89936e0a356f3032c.jpg (450x450, 16K)

thumbe drivette general? what are some of the best brands to buy small USB storage from? any brands to avoid?

Attached: zippe donglette.png (500x494, 98K)

IME when you buy Sandisk then you're always getting decent-to-great quality.

>you're on a website right now

Attached: image.jpg (640x640, 144K)

LMAO, why the fuck would you use mSATA? There are plenty of m.2 nVMEs with usb-c enclosures..

What about people who just call it an usb? Boomer tier?

What about goober?

retard

Bullshit m8 full size 2.5 inch sata SSD with a USB adapter work with phones no problem.

I've used one for 2 years with a Samsung Evo 500 on loads of devices

You have a crap USB sata adapter. Any modern one will use a usb3.1 controller like startech

Have you considered just using wired/wireless ethernet to transfer files onto your laptops already existing local storage?

Read reviews, check benchmarks, order the one you think is good, don't just buy some random trash.

I don't compute in phones. It is barbaric

>10g rj45-based thumbsticks never
sad!

slow down, doc, we ain't scientists

>why the fuck would you use mSATA?
Because it's cheaper, smaller, and nvme is wasted when you're just gonna use it in an enclosure.