Haiku and the HaikuPorts project searching for devs and experts for the following areas:

Haiku and the HaikuPorts project searching for devs and experts for the following areas:
- CPP developers
- Go port developers
- Python experts
And many more!
Join today!
haiku-os.org/ and
github.com/haikuports/haikuports

Attached: 0A53F53A-A8D7-4A23-9537-DD7C0584A269.png (254x254, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dev.haiku-os.org/timeline
github.com/haikuports/haikuports/issues
haiku-os.org/development/icon-guidelines
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

And why would I want to develop for a meme OS?

try shilling on eight-chan, besides spree-shooters, /tech/ board on that websight generally is less consumer electronics and more into shit like your OS

Thanks!
For money, what else?

I'll port Go for money.

i'd dive right in if i could find a todo list

Why would anyone port anything to Haiku if it doesn't even have basic multi-user security yet?

post pic of your mainframe

Send a proposal to the Inc.

Lets go then:
dev.haiku-os.org/timeline
And
github.com/haikuports/haikuports/issues

Post a secure port of the LAMP stack for Haiku that won't get my mainframe exploited.

Work on it and get paid.

Is there someone who can tell me why should I use Haiku instead of Linux?

To escape from the botnet.

no one's telling you you should do anything

But according to the retarded user who keeps shitposting Haiku generals, Haiku doesn't even have the same level of backing as ReactOS. I might as well work on Windows and ReactOS ports of different programs to get paid more.

And even ReactOS has better user authentication and multi-user security than Haiku.

Pay me.

ReactOS and Haiku are friends, do that then.

Send a proposal with references to the Haiku Inc.

What do you mean? Linux is a botnet?
This is the first time I hear about this OS, I just want to know more about this project.

>ReactOS and Haiku are friends
So why hasn't Haiku advanced to anywhere near the state of ReactOS? Why is Haiku still largely unusable as a beta, when ReactOS can be used as a daily driver even in alpha stage?

And why would ReactOS bother trying ot run programs designed for BeOS or Haiku, which have been deprecated since 1997 and aren't even maintained?

Lack of manpower. This is why i opened this thread.
ReactOS dont want to run BeOS programs, but the two project shares some code (usb3 i think).

>Lack of manpower. This is why i opened this thread.
So have you thought of the reason why Haiku lacks manpower? It's because the OS is so shitty, nobody cares to use it enough to be willing to improve on it.

We do care :)

But yeah, the Haiku project could use some marketing guys, if you got experiences in this field consider to join!

They'd need some greedy kike-ass marketers to be able to sell snake oil to retarded users then.

Haiku dont sell anything, except coffemugs, afaik.

i only know lisp and can do some small art shit, hoe can i help?

>Selling coffee mugs
At least that's more useful than Haiku itself.

sounds like someone angsty faggot who wants to live in perpetual windows/macos-android-unix-derivative world
god forbid someone makes something else and offers money for help

Dont be mean.

At that point, you'd actually have to pay people to use an OS that died 22 years ago.

Haiku have some Lisp port afaik and currently there is no Lisp code in Haiku, but if you could design some new icons according to the Haiku icon gudeline, that would be nice!
haiku-os.org/development/icon-guidelines
The icons have to be made with the Haiku icon editor, called Icon-o-matic.

imagine being that one faggot who's furious every thread

Ummm, Haiku is just 18 years old.

Hope you know there are rules against advertising and begging on Jow Forums.

>BeOS is 22 years old
Retard detected.

Haiku is tech, and it is open source. If i violated the rules, please report me.
Thanks for the cooperation.

>Spamming or flooding
>Advertising or begging
>Inviting people to report for the above

you're really angry about beos

p.s. you might consider fucking off back to your smartphone or "hurr amdrones" thread

Please, report me. I dont want to make troubles for you guys.

You seem angry about Android-based phone products being more successful than BeOS ever was (and Haiku ever will be).

I hope you know you're a faggot and you do it for free.

i’m after a good way to work on my cpp skills to stay sharp since i’ve just finished university. do you think this would be a good idea?

Your Android phone still uses Be technology, ust saying.

Definetely. Let us welcome you at the Haiku IRC channel!

Better than being a power-bottom for pay by the Haiku project (since that's the only way they can encourage meaningful progress towards a more mature, secure and practical operating system that's ready for 21st century online use).

>Implying I'm not using a Motorola Razor flip-phone

I like the flip phones, great gear mate!

Before somebody asks how and why: check the android binder sources, originally from Be.

>10 posts by this ID

I use it because they're not BeOS-driven, making them more secure than lagdroid.

Research what binder does then.

Why do I need to? I don't use Linux either (I use OpenBSD).

I just meant binder have nothing to do with your freedom. It was the last biggest project at Be and it was open source. As it still inuse could give some proof Be made useful stuff for other platforms too.
OpenBSD is great, have fun with it.

Btw if you want to research it, use the OpenBinder keyword.

Considering that OpenBinder is the only useful thing that Linux took from Be's contribution to the project (which was itself a public attempt to keep Be Inc. afloat,) plus the fact that it only had its source released in 2015, I'd still maintain my stance that Haiku has been doomed from the start.

Be’s fate have only one things common with Haiku: it shows how hard to get a footstep on desktop computing scene.

That and how prone to failure the entire concept of Be's revival is, when there isn't enough interest or backers to help it progress to anything further than a frozen state of retro-computing.

But thats not a problem at all. We already achieved the state where it is useful as a daily driver for many of us and we have no pressure. We just do it for fun.

Not really. Even the guy who used to shitpost Haiku generals even stated that this OS isn't even to be used as a daily driver. So why shill it as such, then say it's not that because of how prone to breaking it is? That's another reason why Haiku hasn't progressed much; its users and developers contradict themselves.

It is my daily driver, so it is ok for my use cases. Nobody said it is not ok for daily use from our side. You mileage may vary, but thats another thing.
Prone to break? Where? We want to hear about to fix it! Can you tell more?
We are definetely interested in making Haiku better!

why are you angry at a programming homestead?

He doesn’t like it when people have fun.

>Haiku being in a frozen state isn't a problem at all
The last I checked on Haiku's market share, only 6 colleges on the planet use it for educational purposes. I wouldn't be surprised if they use it to address how NOT to build an efficient operating system, though.

By daily driver, do you use it for more than just web browsing on NSA-friendly websites like YouTube, Google, Facebook, Discord (since Haiku doesn't have a port of the app) and shitposting on Jow Forums? Or do you actually use it for anything practical like office work with an office suite, video editing, serving web pages, doing your taxes, etc.?

That's some nice projecting. But who said Haiku is even a homestead for programming when there aren't enough programmers, hence the reason for OP begging for programmers here?

>18 posts by this ID
why are you angry that some people are working on a free operating system?

Why are you talking about IDs on an anonymous board? Why are you impersonating a mod? Don't you know there are rules on Jow Forums against impersonating mods?

Haikufags BTFO by stagnating progress, lack of interest from programmers and users, selling merchandise that's more useful than their OS for a price that isn't enough to even fund meaningful progress and a suite of deprecated software that makes use beyond casual web browsing pointless.

Attached: tenor.gif (500x500, 256K)

Both me lol.

>Samefagging.

Here's your (you)

Attached: (you).png (680x449, 55K)

itt: Haiku fags so retarded, that they would pose as mods to accuse multiple anons of being the same person.

omg what's with that fonts bruv

Looks like the guy who shitposted that Satania pic is a winfag, while the other guy's the OpenBSD user with the Razor phone.

omg what's with your poor grammar and horrible English? You ARE the same person that keeps on spamming and flooding Haiku general threads until they get trolled to oblivion. No matter how much you keep shitposting, it's not going to increase general interest in your OS; it's only going to increase general interest in seeing you and other people go retarded online.

one man's seething ruins an discussion

Correction; two. See

*an entire discussion

I wouldn't consider begging for supporters a "discussion"

the "openbsd user" is the winfag

what we need is virtualbox additions so that the mouse doesn't feel like shit in a VM

Works fine on QEMU/KVM.

And how would you know that, user? DO you have any proof? Or are you just impersonating the mods again? :^)

>It doesn't even work on more modern virtualization software
Does it at least work on bare metal 64-bit PCs?

doubt it. whatever the guest OS, mice never feel good in a vm without a special driver for it.

This.

It's too bad that Haiku doesn't have enough development interest to actually make a decent VM mouse driver for it to test with, let alone anything else.

>It doesn't even work on more modern virtualization software
I can't think of any hypervisor that can't handle Haiku
>Does it at least work on bare metal 64-bit PCs?
Yes

>doubt it
Try it

>Thinks it's still the same person
>Doesn't realize it's 3 people now hating on Haiku
Buddy; there's no convincing us. You clearly have never used a proper virtual machine program to know how a guest OS needs better mouse drivers for it to be more functional within the host. No wonder why you keep shitposting Haiku threads to beg for programmers to help you give CPR to a 22-years-dead OS.

typically the vm mouse driver is written by the VM authors

Which comes to show how how not even the VM programmers care enough to write drivers for Haiku. Not even they will bother supporting it.

how many hours are you going to keep obsessively posting about Thing You Inxplicably Don't Like?

I'm not posting about things I don't like; I'm merely pointing out why your choice of environment to beg for supporters is a bad one and why you're never going to find supporters.

And the fact remains, the dev team for Haiku really needs to step up their game to prove to general users why Haiku's offerings are good; simply put, the dev team hasn't done enough to improve it to a useful state, to be able to garner enough interest (unlike even TempleOS).

you're angry about a hobbyist operating system

get the fuck over it jesus christ

Who said I was angry about anything, user? You seem more angry that I'm merely pointing out how your illogical search for support is fallacious and what reasons drive people away from supporting your project. Nothing wrong with that.

>Hurr you're angry
>Durr you're angry
>You're angry you're angry
>get the fuck over it jesus christ
You sound angry, bruv. Much angrier than that's for sure.

>Calls others angry
>get the fuck over it jesus christ

Attached: 382.jpg (403x394, 34K)

And another Haiku thread bites the dust. inb4 OP commits seppuku over Haiku.

> just
sweaty, 18 is legal

About daily driver i mean it is the only os on my laptop, so it is my daily driver.

Beg for supporters...
You guys said BeOS is not good.
We said, nah.
You guys let BeOS die.
We said, nah.
You guys said: haha. BeOS is kill!
We said, nah.
You guys said, Haiku, wont happen.
We said, nah.
Then you guys said: Beos died, Haiku will too.
We said, nah, and we got ui working.
You guys said shit.
So we got networking.
You said shit.
We got audio, programs, BeOS compatibility working.
You said:Still shit.
We made package management.
We did Qt.
We did ports.
We did everything what humanly possible.
You said: shit.
But every time a little less louder.
We got plenty positive feedback, but nothing from you.
We did usb3, nvme.
Still shit.
So let me ask: are you ok? Do you need any help? We can collect money for you if you in need, or something, just tell, we are here to help.