It's literally the same shit

It's literally the same shit.

Attached: 1561786992130.png (720x720, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/
wiki.archlinux.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

One's a forum and the other is a messaging / voice service.

No need to thank me for the clarification.

reddit is for interacting with other "humans", in countless private and public discussion forums.

discord is for interacting with other "humans", in countless private and public chat rooms.

reddit is for message boards.
discord is for chat rooms.

no. they are not the same shit, though they are both for faggots like you, so i can see how you got confused.

Shit thread aside am I the only one who can't see discord/reddit users as human beings? I mean everybody I've ever seen back when I tried to use discord talks exactly in the same autistic manner. Same shit for reddit

Discord is just high tech IRC. Reddit is a slightly shitty forum system. If you ignore bullshit like flair and upvote/downvote, it's pretty run of the mill. Far better than trash like Twitter. I still prefer forums myself. Jow Forums is out of the question whenever longevity of the content is considered.

thank you

Plebbit bans any sort of controversial content, copyright infringement or wrongthink these days though. Discord is genuinely one of the most lawless places on the entire internet. The stuff that goes on in private groups on there is fucking nuts. There's going to have to be a purge at some point, just like Yahoo did to Tumblr. I just can't believe how long it's taking to get there.

>Discord is genuinely one of the most lawless places on the entire internet
>can't post loli

I'll raise you one: Twitter

I am frankly amazed chronic Twitter users who assume everyone else thinks it's the very center of society can even breathe properly with all the obvious brain damage.

Ain't nobody enforcing that or any other rule unless your community draws attention to itself.

>Plebbit bans copyright infringement
>Jow Forumspiracy exists
>entire subreddits devoted to sports streaming

I hate the site and everyone on it, but let's not lie okay

Yeah, every once in a blue noob I check out twitter (which I always regret) and replies to everything are the lowest in terms of intelligence and self-awareness, it's almost like reading a chatbot. I hate this shit website because of some shit but at least most of the people here seem like they exist and aren't just bots.

>Screenshots and circle jerking each other
>Promotes clickbait and narcissism
>users do not talk much about anything
Accurate. Tried to go from here to those sites and realized why I retreated from the normalfaggotry of the world in the first place. It also does not help YouTube is slowly becoming like this more and more as well with content and that's the only place I ever really go onto anymore.

trannies aren't "lawless" you know

The sport reddit subs are being cracked down on HARD lately. Many communities moved to discord to share stream links.

Maybe in certain circles but from what I’ve seen from sport discord’s is that the mods are just sjw redditors. Got banned from one for mentioning the Korean fighters name, Song Yadong. Reddit is a cancer and their users should never be given an ounce of power.

Attached: 1534899787073.png (2838x1600, 2.34M)

>most of the people here... aren't just bots
Ever been to Jow Forums or /v/? Full of bots.

Ever seen the countless brave and windows and intel advertising threads here? Some of that shit has got to be bots.

Or at the very least paid shills.

Ever seen your post? That has to be a bot.

That's what I meant when I said "most people" and "shit I hate", it's the minority, for sure. As for twitter, I don't mean that it's literally made up of only bots, it just feels that way.

it has the exact same caste of authority that reddit does where all of the user-side moderation is done by other users, but people perceive it to be coming from some kind of organized authority, even though the organized authority that is keeping tabs on subreddit owners and each of those moderators pretty much don't actually interact with them at all unless shit hits the fan. same thing goes with discord

there is a lot of pointless organization and misdirection in how you interact with the system and how you percieve those systems that misleads your understanding of who is in charge, and misleads you into thinking that there are lots of people actually watching you (when 90% of the time nobody is.) that's the real reason why reddit and twitter and discord are trash. they border on the occult

>he doesnt know
Discord has shut down 100s of private servers over the last few years.

>As for twitter, I don't mean that it's literally made up of only bots, it just feels that way.

And lo, the NPC meme was born

Tech nerds that completely avoid Reddit in particular are just shit. Reddit at this point is a legitimate troubleshooting resource. They've read one too many threads on Jow Forums and decided they had to hate it because it's cool and ignore that Reddit started out as a community for programmers and has a huge number of genuinely useful communities.

You don't have to go onto Reddits political communities and mastrubrate over how awful Durneld Drampfh is. Learn to use social media you absolute retards.

Discord seems to have much less of a tech presence and I think virtually geek would rather just use IRC in current year or mumble rather than getting botnetted for absolutely no reason.

Attached: 664.jpg (558x614, 18K)

it's not a particularly good troubleshooting resource because 90% of the time the top level comment is someone that is just parroting what they heard or is providing an opinion that is shared with the most people, and isn't always the best solution to the problem.

the problem with reddit is not just that its political machine for dumbasses, its that it is fundamentally designed from the ground up to prioritize group opinion over individual opinion and the infrastructure of the website literally does not allow for multiple people to have a conversation at the same time. think about the implications of that in comparison to here, where we can link to more than one post, refer to other anons, etc. its pretty much designed to be an orwellian anti-user anti-communication nightmare and it goes far deeper than some mistaste for a political opinion

>"hey x happen how to fix?"
>"yeah ii have the same problem to"
>"me too lol [meme image]"
>"no one has solved this yet its bee 3 weeks"
>"here is a solution"
>links to another sublelddit with the same topic
>still no solution just more people pointing at the problem

That's every tech troubleshooting resource though

"Plz help"
"Nvrmind I fixed it"

That's why you only use Reddit when it makes sense. The Reddit format is not sensible for holding a roundtable discussion or a political debate. It however is excellent when people are say... asking a question in the OP which has an objectively correct answer. Since all the communication is around a singular topic, no subjectivity means not having to worry about retarded bandwagoning, and on average the worst posts will filter downwards.

Reddit unlike Jow Forums generates a reasonably searchable archive of useful posts. You will notice sites like stackoverflow have a similar format Q&A format where you can vote for the best answers. Nobody expects stackoverflow to be an excellent place to have an objective discussion on the political policies of Jair Bolsonaro and the discontent which had led to a surge of right wing populism. Yet people expect that from Reddit and declare it shit when it doesn't deliver.

>Learn to use social media you absolute retards.

I know how to use social media. The actual question is, why should I?

he said dont thank him retard how dare you

they're both bad, but as usual normalfags stick to the most putrid shit. can't be helped that there is no freetard equivalent of discord that is just as easy to set up.
>You don't have to go onto Reddits political communities and mastrubrate over how awful Durneld Drampfh is.
but that's like, 66% of reddit userbase.

>mumble

Funny enough I am hosting a mumble server right now

mumble-ru.cleanvoice.com
port: 25253

For the sake of discussion what are GOOD tech troubleshooting resources?

Jow Forums is social media retard

it's anti-social media if anything

>anti-social media

Fixed

Shit maybe, but different shit.

Use Fediverse alternatives when possible in order to keep those like OPs pic from centralized dominance. For instance, the easiest drop in replacement for Discord with all it's functions plus more is Matrix, and most should use the Riot.im client to start. Signal, Wire, open source XMPP clients, Mumble etc.. are all partial or situational alternatives too.

> Social media are interactive computer-mediated technologies that facilitate the creation and sharing of information, ideas, career interests and other forms of expression via virtual communities and networks.

warosu.org/g/
wiki.archlinux.org/

You're addicted.

You can't seem to help shilling the wonderful, magical Social Media to us nonbelievers. This says more about you than us.

kek you're the one who's rejecting reality so you can feel like you're part of some special club that doesn't use social media

>Reddit at this point is a legitimate troubleshooting resource.
This is the main problem with plebbit, it's up and coming "legitimacy" of hive-mind group-think hug-box up-voted opinions.

See Especially when practically EVERY result leads you to a 3+ Years old reddit threads full of fucking NOTHING

This place may be a festering shit-hole that's been constantly getting shittier since it's inception, but at least the threads here actually die after they've served their purpose and I don't have to worry about user-X's opinions being deleted/hidden because he doesn't agree with Anons-Y-Z-Q-F-D and G

>rejecting reality

Because I won't use twitter? Amazing.

>discord
>lawless
[Laughs in IRC]

Where did this discord = tranny thing come from? I've been in a Discord with a group of people I know for 5 years now and haven't seen any tranny/sjw cancer

Because everyone is basically the people from the "uh oh here come the individualists" image.

The very people who fellate egalitarianism so much are literally ant tier hive minder authority worshippers.

You forgot to include picrel

Attached: image.jpg (549x413, 43K)

I don’t know enough about discord to comment on it beyond getting sports stream links, but Reddit’s mods at least in some subs, are suspicious. At best they are power users who mould the subs content to their liking, but I think some of them are paid by some larger source.

I think Bernie is a weak willed Jew, but r.politics changed overnight from all Bernie to all Hillary. I’m not even joking, it was in late July before the elections. How could such a change occur if the sub itself wasn’t controlled by a larger entity than its own users. Imagine if pol turned super left wing overnight. They employed one hundred dedicated jannies to remove any other content. Imagine the backlash that would occur before normalization. Some subreddits seem to be so tightly controlled that there was no period of normalization. And reddit is setup to suppress wrongthink due to its voting system that determines views.

when your server passes 100 then you start seeing some shit. faggots ruin the servers, trannys are more aggressive and fight for attention. ultra neet just image dumping pixvy when ever they are active. some fags constantly blog post about their day. and then you got people that try to maintain all of this mess without being biased about who they hate more.
>what about furries
furries will leave as soon as they realize they are not with their kind so no fuss there.

>entire subreddits devoted to sports streaming
The soccer, NBA and MMA ones were all nuked and moved to Discord.

Jow Forums sucks for actually complex shit though wiki pages are faster to read than a man page generally
cisco, redhat, man pages, RFCs, github issue tracker, irc

When I check that board for threads on the few games I enjoy, the entire catalog is comprised entirely of the cancer killing this site.

Attached: AichanTiredofpeoplesshit.jpg (174x188, 9K)

>cancer killing this site
>anime avatar

Sure thing buddy

>brave and windows and intel advertising threads here? Some of that shit has got to be bots.
doubt it. there's a few shady firms with anything from 10 to 200 students and others willing to work for minimum wage doing various forms of "social marketing". You can recognize them by their obvious shilling and their retarded arguments if you point out that the product they peddle is crap. Put something damaging in one of those shill threads and they immediately start another "fresh one". It's very obvious. Anyway, those firms have people working multiple sites on rotation. They use a lot of cut and paste and have scripts and talking points but the actual posts are done by humans, not bots.

Attached: microsoft-shilling.jpg (6024x5624, 3.81M)

I agree. If it's not anonymous then it's attention whoredom.

All is right with the world. Nobody likes furries.

How do I get signed up for such a job?

>Le 4channel user

like nigger, most of Jow Forums users also use reddit and discord lol

>Discord has shut down 100s of private servers
This extremely foolish, naive and plain stupid believe that there are any "private servers" on Discord always makes me admire their marketing team. It's glorious and genius how they have made their users actually talk about chat rooms as if it's somehow "private servers".

It's not. You're in a monitored restricted chat-room on one of Discord's servers. They see everything everyone does on their servers. It's in their terms.

Never actually used it myself, btw. Only reason I know is that my nephew uses it a lot so I looked into it.

Goddamn you people are retarded.

You apply to job listing he same way you apply to any other job. The job title will be something like "Social media marketing" or "Viral marketing" or "Stealth marketing" and the description will be somewhat vague. And you'll be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement before you get any actual information about the job. It's not like there will be a job listing titled "copy/pasting marketing shitposts to Jow Forums".

Jow Forums is never the priority, btw. It's just one checkbox on a long list. Various clients have various demands.

>furries will leave as soon as they realize they are not with their kind so no fuss there.
how to spot a furry 101

R*ddit unfortunately has some communities that are good for finding some information. On the other hand, everyone on discord is up to no good.

anime website

It out does Jow Forums or even /mu/ by so fucking much it's not even funny. Like how is that even possible? It is by far the worst board on Jow Forums today. I generally avoid it.

Attached: 1554668165669.png (500x565, 326K)

/a/ and Jow Forums are holding this place together as they're still mainly older channers.

I own a server of 6 700 people and help moderate a server of 85 000+ people. Neither of them have a tranny issue, but there sure are a lot of faggots and retards.

How does it feel to be literally worse than a janny? At least here you can have some fun killing threads, on Discord if you're a bad moderator the community WILL let you know.

Reminder that early 2000s Jow Forums would be called "reddit" today, even though modern Jow Forums is practically edgy reddit.

Attached: based_cringe.jpg (534x400, 63K)

>Jow Forums holding this place together

I have total power of my own server, if the community doesn't like it they can get fucked. However, my moderation policy is "do the absolute minimum possible" so I don't get many complaints. I mostly just enjoy shitposting with the other mods.

>I own a server
really? Do you actually own .. a server? Or are you allowed to use and control space on a server owned and operated by Discord?

No one cares about the semantics, or are deluded enough into thinking they actually literally own a discord server. Of course discord could take it down if they ever wanted to, but I don't run a political server so I don't see them giving a shit.

To follow this up, the key issues of modern social media are centralization, control/security, privacy, and to a lesser extent monetization...but that's more it's own huge multi faceted issue.

Discord and Reddit took tons of communication that used to happen on separate, disparate platforms and brought them all under one roof. Same is true with Facebook , Twitter and other major social media. That centralized control, gives tons of power and provides different incentive to manage the place for monetization ( the key reason any major site starts to crack down on content , from sponsors threatening to pull out if they see too much objectionable content, dmca , other PR nonsense ) .

This is a reason that Fediverse alternatives are the best way forward. Open source, interoperable, and federated so users can not only run accounts it clients wherever they wish, but servers too. Mastodon (and a few others like gnusocial) for microblogging, Diaspora and Friendica for those who want comprehensive Facebook style social, Pixelfed instead of Instagram, PeerTube for video hosting etc ...there's a lot of good stuff out there. Fediverse.party has overviews of various protocols and the projects to start anyway.

Still spreads oldfag memes more than any other board. Some memes you post on other boards and it's like it's a brand new meme to them. (/a/ and maybe /mu/ are exceptions, the latter get's spammed to hell by artists though)
Basically, this place is preventing Jow Forums's "dementia" as newfags flood the place. Unlike reddit, there is almost a hidden creed on chans. An esoteric language of memes. Reddit became too big too quickly to manifest it. Other forums just don't have the means.

I think we need to spam the rules of the internet more to revitalise this.

Attached: 1553759230415.png (608x600, 210K)

Yeah it's developed like any child, but reddit is beyond autistic.

Attached: 1563166001908.jpg (295x295, 24K)

I prefer fight club though.

Attached: foighting round the clubb.jpg (1280x853, 117K)

That sounds like a serious problem user, you should look into therapy. Just because people aren't the same as you, or like things you don't, shouldn't make you view them as lesser beings.

It's not just espousing memes. They literally don't even post any original post of their own. They just autistically espouse the same fucking buzz words. That based cringe shit is super fucking cancer.

>be me
>get intrigued
>go on discord.com to create an account
>this_email_is_already_in_use.gif
I resetted the password, logged in and asked for a log of my "activity". I'm scared bros.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.jpg (322x322, 15K)

same shit for Jow Forums honestly.

And when your group gets deleted, you can just make a new account (trivial) and make a new group. Repeat if it happens again. Your group will also only get deleted if someone reports it.

imagine caring about reddit and discord enough to post this shit every day

Attached: a.gif (245x280, 899K)

Discord is infamous for it's tranny and furfag servers, that's why the whole discord tranny meme started.

Troons usually invade redditor hobby servers in which people don't resist them like comics, animu, programming or whatever neckbeard interests unrelated to trannes.
They don't come in if your server is hostile towards them from the beginning.
If the troons are acting ironic about being trans, that means they're testing grounds to see if the community will accept them. If people don't have a problem with them, they will befriend the owner and become moderators, taking control of the server, filling it with their degenerate fetishes and banning everyone they don't like.

Kek

Discord moderation team is unironically composed of furries. Don't anger them, they will come after you.

If you believe /a/ isn't mostly people under the age of 15 with the occasional manchild, I don't know what to tell you.

>Discord is infamous for it's tranny and furfag servers
How do people on Jow Forums find these people? I keep to myself and my interests and I never run into these people, do they go out of their way to find them for the sole purpose of complaining about them?

>no. they are not the same shit, though they are both for faggots like you, so i can see how you got confused.
i like this user.

Except Reddit users don't say the word nigger

> he doesn't know about the history of discord's admins and moderators being furry pedophiles
oh user. disappointment.

Nah they do, they just come here to say it.

thanks you piece of shit

>legitimate troubleshooting resource
I've gotten help more from tomshardware and quora/random blogs than reddit. The only time I came to reddit to solve a tech-related problem is when I googled kms38.

thx alot

The only part of Jow Forums that is not social media is textless threads on boards like /w/

There are servers that big?
The largest one I'm part of is an artist-friend's discord and that has about 250 people on it and that's too full of normalfags for me to bother with.
Just like some hypno fetish and misogyny servers, they all go downhill after 50 people or so and around 100-150 they get reported and everyone in them banned.

Reddit is for people who should just stick to Facebook who think they're above Facebook, while discord is for people who think they're above Reddit but should really stick to Reddit.
They both think they're above Jow Forums however, despite the fact the lack of even base level anonymity creates some of the most base level opinions and retards.

>Jow Forums
>4channel

Attached: file.png (225x225, 66K)

>literally

Attached: 1545979355631.jpg (551x363, 42K)

>can't sort discord messages by controversial
Still a platform in it's infancy.