Fuck these pieces of shit and theyre laying in the streets and sidewalks

Fuck these pieces of shit and theyre laying in the streets and sidewalks

Attached: scooter.jpg (708x815, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9VBUMzOz1_4
medium.com/mel-magazine/inside-the-lawless-new-world-of-electric-scooter-hacking-5d887e155b25
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Agreed! It's pure litter.

>tfw using free rides or discounts on them
>park them miles away from where its supposed to
>sign off and delete app without ending trip
>hop into the next app and repeat
Fuck them for being so stupid

"I am jealous that someone thought of a good idea, implemented it, and profited from it": The thread

It isn't a good idea.

Bike and scooter rentals began the day after they were invented. Someone took that already existing idea, and said to themselves "What if it was impossible to walk down any sidewalk in any major city without literally tripping over piles of bikes and scooters? Surely if we airdrop trillions of lithium-ion fire hazards all over America someone will eventually give us money to ride one so they don't have to trip over all of them on the sidewalks!"

What's stopping people from picking them up and throwing them in the bushes?

>profited from it
Maybe if they take the investor money and run

Nothing. Personally I just throw them off ravines or behind fences.

Throw them in the river
The sidewalks are crowded enough already without these fucking jew corporations dumping their shit there for free

I fucking hate them because people keep throwing them into our fucking river, god only fucking knows what kind of toxic shit is leaking out of them. Eat shit and die you zoomer faggot.

I think the money is in getting investors to back your 9000th vehicle share plan and live off their money until it failed like all before.

It does seem to work with cars though.

Attached: original.jpg (2000x1290, 911K)

Nothing. Based zoomers are wrecking them already.

youtube.com/watch?v=9VBUMzOz1_4

The onions mobile. Absolutely disgusting, only retards use those.
Hope there will be major accidents with them.

Is this in the US? Truly a third-world shithole.

woah they snap in half if you swing them right?
...I live on a college campus and these things feel like a legitimate safety threat once a drunk freshman gets on one. Guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow

Attached: cavill.png (999x958, 1005K)

is human powered scooters a meme? in where i live anything with a motor on it are treated as cars by local law enforcement/government so electric/gas powered scooters are a big no no

How stupid do you have to be to take one of these instead of just getting a Lyft? If you are not going far enough for a Lyft just walk

>Based
>mumble rap
no

yes
So meany people in this country deserve to be exterminated.

Attached: 1501422819324.jpg (564x400, 47K)

there was a guy here picking them up and taking them to the dump. evidently he did that with dozens of them.

Cars are expensive, to buy, to maintain, even to store. Any person could reasonably say "I don't want to shoulder this burden." A scooter is like, $20, and fits in a duffel bag. Only an absolute niggard would rent one.

>>itt poorfags who can't drive

>good idea
that's a negative ghost rider
>profitable
absolutely untrue, they're in massive debt

Looks like a free source of lithium batteries and dc motors. I'm jealous, I wish they had these things in toronto.

>cheap eco-friendly transportation
>lets chimp it up
holy fuck why do all amerimutts have this nigger mentality

the rivers are crowded too

didn't they make like 15mil off this shit already

think about it at 15c/min

What is the legal status of these things? Can you really leave shit littered around and call it private property?

Based

>wah I'm a big gay american who can't find a use for batteries and brushless motors and I don't know how to jailbreak embedded systems.

Gonna have to start kicking them when no one's around, hate these little cunt scooters

So sell it to recycling companies

>designate return spots that are out of the way
>fine people for discontinuing service elsewhere
Fixed. Also damaging/destroying them because they annoy you is literally nigger behavior

you post the same thread every day

They're unironically fun and far more convienent for cities, especially short to medium distances. Problem is American city infrastructure is trash and has no bike lanes so you're stuck either using them on sidewalks or in traffic

And I have 30k worth of cars before you go "Le poorfag", selling one soon because I realized I'd rather spend the money on something else

That's the whole reason it's popular, you don't have to go out of your way to drop off a scooter then walk

imagine renting a car and you can just park it anywhere vs driving it back to a depot in some industrial area

live in a 3rd world country. nobody uses them because they didn't adjust the tariffs
like who is gonna pay 1000 pesos / minute when the average ride is at least 10 minutes and the bus cost 2100 pesos end to end of the whole city

I just rented them for fun, not transportation. Nobody said it had to be limited to a few spots, mostly just to keep it off crowded sidewalks, the app tracks them for a reason.

Hella based

See

It's a 'do it now and ask forgiveness later' approach with companies. They'll dump them in a city overnight with no prior agreement or notice.

>I fucking hate them because people keep throwing them into our fucking river, god only fucking knows what kind of toxic shit is leaking out of them. Eat shit and die you zoomer faggot.
In what kind of a fucking shithole do you live? Jesus... I find this hard to believe anyway.

Why in the actual flying fucking fucking fuck is anyone doing this? I can kind of understand kids doing this, but again - why? What's the scooter done to you? There was one autist here bragging about destroying public or private property, but apparently this is widespread.

Those apps charge $50 for not parking in the designated zones and your also liable for any joyrides taken by people who rode that particular scooter after you.
Dumbass

literally norway and denmark. look it up

They snap in half with almost zero effort, holy shit
imagine it falling apart as you're riding it.

>designate return spots that are out of the way
great, you just defeated the purpose and now no one will use them.

If every company waited to ask permission from stuffy old city council boomers, no new business models or innovative services would be allowed.

>pollute our rivers
stupid leftist faggot
the environment is our most important historical and hereditary artifact and it should be preserved and cherished

Attached: 1561400494448.png (1078x794, 38K)

These things cost like 200 dollars to buy for individuals. It would be based as fuck if there was a way to hack them to work for free and not track you.

People are only reminded of how insignificant and utterly powerless we the great humans are whenever there's a flood for example.

Attached: please respond.jpg (331x331, 52K)

>implying anyone here leaves their basement

>lithium
>eco-friendly

Attached: 4L_rmDSu645.png (621x702, 56K)

>Piles of these fucking things on street corners
>People actually dumb enough to park them in motorcycle parking spaces

The only good that comes of this is watching retarded Chinese tourists get hit by cars instead of renting motorbikes and hitting other pedestrians due to their inability to drive.

>Lithium batteries everywhere, poorly maintained to assure minimal lifespan.

>Eco friendly

K

Probably the only reasonable post here. Some of them have oauth vulnerabilities. You can apparently just shut them down while they're in use (or you can just obscure the QR code and make them unusable).

It's really not surprising when you slap an electron and some cheap shit together that people will do things like medium.com/mel-magazine/inside-the-lawless-new-world-of-electric-scooter-hacking-5d887e155b25

seems like a big issue everywhere except where i live. people here seem to take care of those things for some reason.

On the one hand, this rampant disregard for personal property from a group of people who will never in their lives know what it means to own something is the reason we can't have nice things, and why I have to lock my car in a garage each night.
On the other, these are the sorts of people who have absolutely none of the comforts past generations do to loose.
Every society is four meals away from anarchy, zoomers would be rioting if breakfast was late.
I hate their behavior, but they're very possibly the only people who could solve the situation that has created the society that made them.

>americans do anything to protect their right to ride their cars even for 10 meters

color me suprised

Import the third world become the third world. Most teens in western countries are entitled pampered third world niggers.

In my city when someone is done with their ride they just throw them into the river.

Basically An example is Uber in Australia.
Australian cities had laws to prevent cities from becoming overcrowded with Taxis, by limiting the number of "Taxi Licences" in existence.
These licences were traded, and became incredibly valuable. People who wanted to become taxi drivers would take out massive loans to pay for them, mortgage their houses.

Uber showed up and started illegally operating without the licences. The government who, up to that point was hardass on taxis operating without licences, did nothing to stop them. Taxi licenses became worthless overnight. There were countless cases of taxi drivers or their wives committing suicide because they would now loose their house and income.
Uber was then legalised.
More suicides
The government then, without ever fining Uber a fucking cent, started using tax payer dollars to buy-back taxi licences at whatever the government decided that person needed.
You pay 200k for one, but have no mortgage? Fuck you, you only get 50 grand
You took out a 200k loan for one? We'll pay you 150k, maybe 200k.
Uber never paid any of this, despite the fact they began operating illegally.

If anyone ever starts dumping these fucking things in my city or a city near me illegally, I'm renting a truck, driving around and picking up every last fucking one, dumping them in a field somewhere, and live-streaming the worlds biggest scooter bonfire, as a massive "FUCK YOU" to any corporation who thinks they can break the law, fuck people over, clutter cities, and then hope they become such a fucking pain that they just get legalised

If any government tries coming after me, I'll tell them to fuck themselves, if they didn't want to enforce their own laws then I would
If they didn't fine Uber for the damage they caused, and instead made taxpayers pay for the damage, the same way they'd fine taxpayers to pay for the scooter cleanup and injuries caused by them, then I'd deal with it for them.

they still have your credit card retard

We pretty much have that for cars here, quite comfy desu

imagine becoming a taxi driver.

Why are NPCs so outraged by these scooters, I don't get it.

Imagine if some autist dumps a shitton of linux CDs on your backyard every day

>laying in the streets and sidewalks
can't you just take them and jury rig a non proprietary power system thus earning you a free scooter?

the hero we need

>Li
>eco friendly

They are not profitable

fuck these lazy entitled taxi drivers
they had it coming

Pajeet btfo. Great justice

Throwing ebikes into the Yarra River is popular in lelbourne

nothing, though people usually prefer rivers and lakes to wreck them.

>15c/min
thats 9 dollaroos per hour what the fuck who pays that shit for a fucking scooter, for that i get a bike

The ones in my city undisclosedly charged me 50 USD up front. It somehow ended up in a lake after I was finished with it. Yeah I have anger management issues but atleast I felt good after doing it.

Do murricunts also throw cars to river if the cars are parked on street?

yes

Attached: kryptonite-kryptolok-series-2-best-mid-security-lock.jpg (330x425, 32K)

>Fuck these pieces of shit and theyre laying in the streets and sidewalks
It's the US, not the scooters. You people are literal niggers

It doesn't bother me 2bh
Why are people so flustered?

My backyard isn't public property.

Neck yourselves, you lyft apologists.

You're right, you could make a massive home battery bank and clean up the streets at the same time!

>cheap
$0.15 a fucking minute, plus a $1 ride fee. Makes no sense to not just buy one yourself.
>eco-friendly transportation
Manufacturing a fuck ton of cheap electronic scooters that will end up in the trash in 2 years is hardly eco friendly.

Oh yeah, they also shit up cities because any free space is now overtaken by piles of onions-scooters.

>in 2 years
Not even. They go through them in less than half a year

Do you think that riders are only leaving these things in official public property?
They ride it to where they want to go, and then toss it in the first open space they see.
So imagine having scooters dumped in your front yard, local park, out front of your workplace, etc.

Why would they leave it in my front yard? People do leave them on the pavement in front of my house occasionally. I don't mind. Same with the local park and out front of my workplace. I don't see why I would stress out about something as minor and retarded. Remember the video where some kind of midget gets furious about a musician playing on the street? That's what all the NPCs getting mad about scooters remind me of.

>A thread about fucking scooters
>"hue hue amerimutts lel" out of nowhere
Do Euro-Peons think about America literally all day long?

>People do leave them on the pavement in front of my house occasionally. I don't mind. Same with the local park and out front of my workplace
So wanting a clean city and not allowing meme startups to abuse public spaces/services is now NPC behavior?
Just because you don't mind someone else's shit being strewn everywhere, the rest of us don't appreciate a company littering across an entire city in a bid to make money. Those scooters become everyone else's problem.

Look at and the reply for another person's explanation.

i cant tell if theyre motorized or not. are they? if not why would anyone pay 15 cents a minute to use it? and how do they prevent someone from using it who hasnt paid yet?

Are you clinically retarded? Or do you simply have no access so search engines?

I'm an American living in the UK, and my gf is English.
We were in NYC a month or two ago for a day, and decided to use the citibike rentals there which are admittedly a lot better, since they have specific docking locations and it's a flat fee to ride as much as you want for a day/week.

All went well until we docked our bikes and got in a taxi to take us to the airport. About halfway to JFK, she gets an email saying
>"whoops, there's been a problem with docking your bike - please go back and check it :^) "
We're halfway to the airport and are not about to miss our flight because their dock malfunctioned, so she emails them and explains what happened. They write back
>"We will suspend your ride for 2 weeks and hopefully someone returns the bike by then, otherwise you'll be charged the $1300 replacement fee"

She cancelled her card and got a new one as soon as we landed - now they've been harassing her over email to update her payment information because the charge failed.
The fact they tried to charge someone over $1k because their docking mechanism failed is absolutely reprehensible, IMO. Fuck all of those app-based bike/scooter sharing services.

I'm not for lawlessness. They are perfectly legal in my city. If they weren't, I'd be against them. But just because it's illegal, not because I dislike them.
I don't understand what you mean by a "clean" city. My city is pretty clean and it has rentable scooters. These things are not mutually exclusive. I also don't think they are abusing anything. It's not like they're putting excessive wear on pavements or whatever.

These will die a quick death when some fool takes one on a busy road. Pancake anyone?

Fools have been taking these on busy roads for months now, user.

>Chicago
So here's the story. Some big dumb high up in the company brings up rentable scooters. Shes well liked so no one wants to say "holy shit that's even dumber than bikes" besides a few people who get overruled. So those people decided to push for it to be beta'd in Chicago knowing niggers are gonna nig. And viola, it fails spectacularly.