IPad OS

Is iPad OS stable enough to recommend right now? How do you review it?

Is it enough “desktop” to replace chromebooks and other cheap computers?

Attached: 5880501C-BF77-4AC1-BDAB-4ADF2D152E64.jpg (507x503, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.com/uk/ipados/ipados-preview/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Is a closed source tablet OS enough to replace a desktop
>Calling iOS "iPad OS"
>Thinking that it can be ported to a computer
Nice bait 1/10 made me respond

Can you plug a external hard drive in this thing ?

Yes

iOS is being forked, with one variant being iPad OS.

What's the point if iOS doesn't even have an internal file browser?

ITT: Jow Forums is willfully ignorant about Apple products

I'm gonna have to go with a "wait for the full release" user.

It is now enough to replace a Chromebook but that is an incredibly low bar. If it fits your use case then great I guess

But it does.

apple.com/uk/ipados/ipados-preview/

I agree, I want to see it in action to be honest. I don't want to use the developer version or whatever either.

>apple.com/uk/ipados/ipados-preview/
>Apple's trying to implement something Microsoft already did in Windows 8
iToddlers BTFO

Not really. It's still not Mac OS, and it doesn't look like Mac OS. It's more like iOS+ than OS X-, whereas Windows RT was basically Windows Minus.

Back to your designated shitting street iJeet.
You make this thread every day. Consider suicide.

Attached: 1551794768999.png (1489x928, 1004K)

I'm interested with poorfags who purchase an IPad pro and use it as a daily laptop. I don't own an apple product since the IPhone 4. Can you pirate apps and install ad blockers ?

>poorfags
The iPad Pro starts at like £700...

So a middle range windows laptop...

Right... so how is it a poorfag thing? I don't have an iPad Pro, but it just seems like randomly throwing things out at the moment.

We aren’t beta testers. Wait for full release

No and yes. iOS is still very locked down.
You used to be able to pirate apps years ago but jailbreaking isn't much of a thing anymore.
There are some system-wide adblockers but they tend to be pay-for, and all of them can only be installed until Apple says they can't anymore, there's not really any robust sideloading solution for iOS (you can do it but it requires custom certificates and there's a user limit, and if you want to do it yourself to ensure no malware, you need Xcode and a Mac)

Remember this is a pajeet Android shill board, most of the replies will be useless here.
It's not stable enough, none of the Beta 4s are. I think iPad OS desktop browser feature can kill Chromebooks only if the price is right. iPad (non-Pro) 2018 is at a decent price for an Apple device, but who knows how much the new ones will cost.

You can pirate apps but it's much harder than in Android, windows and macOS. There are browsers, like Firefox, that support uBlock and other extensions

>Is it enough “desktop” to replace chromebooks and other cheap computers?
a regular tablet or a smartphone is enough to replace computers for millions of zoomers

No an iPad is not a computer replacement unless you literally just use computer for media consumption and internet browsing + tasks like email.

Still no way to write drivers, still no way to access the filesystem, still no way to do essential things like task scheduling...
It's still more primitive than Windows 95.

Wrong, wrong, wrong and wrong. So many retards talking out of their asses ITT

>no jvm

Oh? So how do you write a fucking kernel extension on iOS?
How do you access the filesystem? Acessing "application storage" does not count.
And task scheduling? You can't. When the application is not in the foreground, it can't execute code. Especially when it's closed. The only thing you can do is ask the user for the permission to *always* track their location and wait for geofencing or significant location change events.

and word, and PowerPoint, and Excel. There's also the GSuite. And photo editors. And DAWs. If you're a gaymer or a dev now that's another story. iPad OS looks like one step closer to XCode on iPad though, so it might become a dev machine soon

>wanting jvm
Indian hands made this post

What's an ios replacement for ImageJ?

>Motorcycles? Still no 4 wheels, still no large trunk, still not able to have essential things like a roof...
>It's still more primitive than a horsecar
That's how retarded you sound.

>"bro replace your laptop with ipad!"
>also you'll need this bluetooth keyboard and mouse/trackpad and dongle
>tfw just made a shitty laptop

Why haven't you killed yourself yet street shitter?

Attached: 1557712239897.jpg (1336x873, 287K)

Oh look, Pajeet figured out that you can indeed NOT do these things on iPadOS. Now he has to go on the defensive. That sucks. Apple pays less for defensive.

> writing kernel extensions
fuck off
>no automation
this IS possible with Siri. How about you actually educate yourself before talking out of your ass Andjeet

>>no automation
Nobody talked about that, iJeet. I am talking about what applications can do.

Task scheduling is possible and has been for a while now

Because I'm not ban evading or posting copy pasta. I'm also white. I live in England. We don't shit on streets. Only in other people's hedges.

Serious ofimatics on a tablet are a pain in the ass, in my experience. It is simply not comfortable and speedy enough.

>Calls imitating a deprecated Windows tablet OS "progress"

So, less than my phone
>Mfw my smartphone is better than your laptop wannabe
Just get a high range laptop if you need it for work, not a fucking tablet

you could argue Windows RT was Windows CE+

based prophecy poster

Attached: 1556231458168.jpg (687x799, 100K)

download brave on the App Store, tutu for pirating apps

Show me the API. It isn't possible.
It is if you use non-public APIs that will get you banned from the app store. That does not count, because that's the only place you can get apps from.

>replying to a literal street shitting iPajeet to bump his shill thread
Retards like you are why these threads exist.

It shows everyone that he has no argument. Everyone can see through his bullshit. Backgrounding in iOS is so limited, iOS developers legitimately get jealous of Windows 95's capabilities. That's how bad the OS is.

Poogle btfo
>Muh asking a question is le shill
Underage

Attached: 82D75748-39B1-42F9-9E7A-A394F1F637C6.jpg (1242x1002, 367K)

Congrats, that's automation - I told you before, that's not what I mean. That's something only the owner of the device can create via shortcuts.

Now try writing an app that does that. An app that wakes up at, let's say, 8AM and does something. No matter if it's active, standby, backgrounded or closed. You know what, do it while it's backgrounded even.

You're evading your 500 years of bans iJeet.
Why haven't you taken your grandmas advice and just killed yourself?

Attached: 1558220684529.webm (360x640, 1.26M)

literally no real-word use case in doing so. It’s a phone, get a real computer poorfag

Spamming is against the rules of 4channel.org, this will be your only reminder. Only white people don’t follow the rules, raj.

>iPajeet forced to admit his fruit trash is a toy and people should get a PC

Attached: 1552538599173.jpg (976x1079, 150K)

You realize that in the United States, only poor people and basketball Americans use android, right? I’m sorry you are unfortunate enough to have been born outside of the United States. Anyways, im not OP and obviously phones and tablets aren’t “computer” replacements in the traditional sense. However, they would be perfect for jeets like you who only use their computers for posting on 4channel.org.

Tell me iJeet, how sad was your grandmother when she woke up on Christmas day to find you jerking it to your framed photo of steve blowjobs?

Attached: 1541484414584.jpg (1336x435, 153K)

>literally no real-word use case in doing so
Oh yeah? Then why do Apple's apps all have that capability?
Oh, you want to make an alarm clock? Nope. The only one that works on iOS is Apple's.
Oh, you want to build an automation program? Well, Apple's is the only one that lets you execute a task at a specified time - as your screenshot demonstrated.
Oh, you want your phone to communicate with your PC, like Apple's iTrash can with macs, but not with other operating systems? Android has KDE Connect and others - on iOS, it's not possible. Get a mac or your iShit won't work with your computer.
Oh, like on Android, where many apps don't want to depend on Google's Firebase Push Messaging, you want to not depend on Apple's Push Service so they can read every message you push to your clients? Nope. You'd need to be able to create a background service for that.
Oh, you want to create a web browser with full web spec compatibility? Well, you can't do that on iOS anyway since Apple forbits you from distributing your own browser engine "for your safety", but even if you could, users could not make it their default, but even if you could, by the time you get to implementing service workers, you will see that that's impossible without background execution / task scheduling, too.

iShit is complete and utter garbage and your attempts to defend it are pathetic.

I’m currently in college majoring in CS and haven’t seen my mom in 10 years. Try again later, Ramadan boy.
I have a MacBook Pro, a MacBook Air, and a libreboot thinkpad. Fortunately for me, I’m an adult and i use my phone and computers for non-autistic tech fantasies (read: real work). Android devices aren’t even allowed on the internal network where I work.

Shitting in the street isn't a job iJeet.

I work as a tier III cybersec analyst. It’s sad how some children never grow out of immature ad hominem, it almost makes me feel sorry for you and the direction in which your life is going.

>evading the question

Spamming and low quality posting are both against the rules of 4channel.org. Maybe instead of mindlessly spamming the same images every day, you could try getting a job or working on your GED.

you work doing the needful, raj?

>still evading the question
It's a simple question iJeet.

It appears you have next to no English reading comprehension. Please be aware that 4channel.org is an American website, and you are required to know English to post here.

>Android devices aren’t even allowed on the internal network where I work.
Just in case anyone had any doubts that iJeet doesn't work at Apple...

On Christmas in 2017 I was in Japan, and neither of my grandparents are in my life either. Please work on your English comprehension.
I currently live and work in Massachusetts and work for an organization connected to my university. Android devices are not permitted to connect to our network as all Chinese botnets are banned. Chink scooters are not even allowed within 300ft.

>Maybe instead of mindlessly spamming the same images every day, you could try getting a job or working on your GED.
Says the street shitting iJeet that spends all day in his granny's basement munching curry and shilling his manchild fruit toys for 2 rupees a day.

Attached: 1538712553537.png (3348x1920, 3.78M)

holy shit you really act like those india niggers
go fuck a cow

>As a cyber security person, I ALWAYS recommend locked down devices built on closed source American software that is proven to contain backdoors and that are engineered so that I can't even run all the user space code I want on while an American company has a full remote root access backdoor. Sounds safe to me!

Liberate yourself, man. And I don't mean go to Google.

>britbong ijeet desperately makes up bullshit
We know where you live iJeet. You even doxed yourself.

I’m sorry to ruin your schizophrenic fantasies, but I was not active on Jow Forums from fall 2016 and may 2019. I understand that unintelligent people often attribute their mental discomfort with a single entity, but you must understand that 4channel.org has thousands of visitors connected every second.
>he’s been around Indian people and learned what they’re like
Wow, it really does suck being from a third world country.

>cybersec
>shilling closed source shitware that is locked down to specific hardware
>said software also has to cooperate with MURICAN authorities
who are you trying to fool here, nigger?

Fortunately for me I’m not mentally ill and not concerned with government surveillance. Please face reality.
I live in the United States and have been outside of the country only twice. As you can see, the time is currently 2:48 pm.

Attached: E7617EDC-9EA8-46AE-80A8-B2EAA49ADB9C.jpg (1242x1263, 657K)

>every shill thread the ipajeet makes always leads to it becoming an apple hate thread or Jow Forums shitting on the ipajeet
>he just makes Jow Forums hate applel more each time
itoddler BTFOing himself

Attached: 1548424403653.jpg (634x634, 55K)

I understand that you don’t have a job, formal education, or even English language skills, but you must understand that working as a cybersecurity analyst and becoming paranoid of nonexistent state surveillance are two distinct things, right? I don’t see any poogle users calling the daily chinkware phone threads “shills” either. Do you really trust the Chinese that much?

>Fortunately for me I’m not mentally ill
>shits in the street
Pick one.

>iJeet changes the clock as "evidence" and thinks anyone is convinced
>"Yes Sir, I am John from Microsoft and we are calling from San Francisco, your Kumputa has a birus so I need you to do one thing: Buy me $200 iTunes gift card which is the preferred form of payment here at Microsoft and I will use Teamviewer to install you fake antibirus!"

Continuing with desperate ad hominem when you know that you’re wrong only goes to show that you are underage and possibly mentally ill. Get help.

>he doesn’t allow his device to set the time based on his location
That’s embarrassing

Attached: D186EC5F-F1C1-4A76-9B47-F1FEC5A55C48.jpg (1242x886, 224K)

>shits in the street and spends his christmases spamming Jow Forums with 50 apploo shill threads
>claims other people are mentally ill
YIKES

Attached: 1555901020056.jpg (500x761, 42K)

It’s really actually sad how all redditors have the same style of ironic pseudo humor. Continuing to use ironic humor when you’re upset is a proven sign of mental illness.

Oh no, now iJeet uses macOS simulator to set a fake location. How will the white man ever recover?

Moving goalposts is another fallacy employed only by the truly desperate. Please face reality and get help.

Attached: 2298CF38-7675-41B9-BA51-303099D39F82.png (1242x2688, 1.51M)

Just answer the question iJeet based

Please learn English, as the question was already answered. This is an American website, you are required to speak and understand English to use it.

>", iJeet said, his little pig eyes beaming with joy. His ruse had worked. His opponent couldn't possibly prove that he was in fact using an iOS simulator, even though he was.
He had managed to derail the the entire thread and Apple would pay him handsomely for that. "Maybe", Pajeet hoped, "I can even buy the new iPhone 11! That is my big dream!".
At this thought, his pants filled with liquid and his member became flaccid again.

>still dodging the question
Just. Answer. Honestly.

iOS simulator would not list this as a linked device under Settings > Apple ID. Please familiarize yourself with how iOS works.

Additionally, I bought an iPhone off-contract several years ago and simply sell it every fall before the new iPhone launches. I really only pay about $200/year for a new phone. It’s weird how children always construct weird roleplay scenarios in their heads and then type them incoherently online though. Is that degree of social awkwardness why you don’t have a job?

Attached: B3752E45-69D8-476E-A077-9C746BE81175.jpg (1242x1340, 280K)

>he admits to not knowing how to read
Nice trips foreignposter

>iJeet embarrassed because he remembers with perfect clarity the disappointment and disdain from his grandmother on christmas day
Get it off your chest, you'll feel better.

Now iJeet changed to his phone and thinks we don‘t notice.

I was in Japan on Christmas 2017, sorry to break it to you but it appears that you are suffering from schizophrenia. Please get help.
I’ve been using my phone this whole time, and the time on that screenshot is still consistent with the time from all of my previous ones. It’s sad how foreigners don’t understand how technology works, fundamentally.

>ijeet pretends to be majoring in college
>while having a full time job
>while spending 24/7 shilling his fruit toys on Jow Forums
No one believes you street shitter. Take your poo to the loo.

Attached: 1532377609138.png (553x633, 61K)

I see that you’re not from the United States, as college classes are out for summer break. I also only post while at work or sometimes on the weekend, like now :)