How's the Macbook Pro 2019 keyboard?

Attached: Z.jpg (300x168, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bans.verniy.xyz/pages?file=1
bans.verniy.xyz/pages?file=1&ref=g&com=apple&rul=
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's the same fucking thing

shit

No one will know until a few months pass as we start to see if the issue is still present, at least repairs are free now.

both these.

it's exactly the same issue as before. it's a design flaw. after the free repairs you still have a broken product that will die on you one day, and then you'll be stuck with it. especially since the keyboard is glued in and needs a full replacement, while you have to take the full thing apart.

I don't think there's a limit on the amount of repairs you can have and they support laptops that are 4 years old, so you'll probably be fine.

>just get a laptop with a shitty keyboard and have to get it repaired every couple of months
>but at least the repairs are free
sounds like a good deal

this is not fine. i still have machines that are older than 10 years that still work and i can do things with, even macbooks. this device will fail, that's a pre determined factor, after the replacement program and you'll be stuck with a broken piece of shit.

not to mention the repairs mean you lose your computer for a week

Hey, at least you get a new battery.

Tim said it's perfect, thanks Tim!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1557172505650.png (1536x2048, 295K)

It's still unknown, they made two minors changes. Time will tell.

>lose all your data every couple months
OOF

Shit on Apple's software as much as you want, there was a time when they genuinely made amazingly fucking good hardware.

What happened?

>What happened?
Steve Jobs died.

>there was a time when they genuinely made amazingly fucking good hardware.
delusional

Attached: 1552122159977.png (686x955, 468K)

the first retina MBPs are unironically some of the best laptops ever made

>screen literally breaks off its hinges
all apple products are steaming shitheaps

>Shit on Apple's software
The software is the only good thing.

The software is the only good thing.

Attached: 1539172593546.png (696x938, 456K)

a guy at work bought a new macbook pro retina and it has the butterfly keys and they are the shittiest, chintziest buttons i have ever pressed on a device. they still wiggle around but there is no button travel, just a stiff click and it depresses a tiny bit. the buttons feel like metal dome switches, it's just not comfortable to type on and they don't feel like they have very much longevity

its even worse when you realize that they rivet those keyboards into these devices and they are not replaceable unless you weld or rivet the keyboard back in place. they are very obviously much lower quality and im very surprised there isn't more user backlash then there already is

Attached: domeswitch.jpg (500x333, 76K)

SATANIA!!!!

you say that until you look at how it is designed and you realize that it somehow lasted years despite glaring thermal and engineering flaws
i used to be entirely on board the macbook air train, they were simply way more premium than other devices, but when you get down and dirty and crack them open and start looking at the schematics they are not well designed, they are not well engineered, and they have about as much thought put into their design as communist china. its actually incredible that these devices last a couple years of use before bricking because of their amateur-hour implementation of almost every single feature on the board. they sacrifice longevity, thermal performance, high quality circuitry, and proper board design to cram as much shit as possible into a tiny PCB. the power control circuitry on apple devices is not small because they are premium devices, they are small and light because apple cuts corners on them, they are not designed to even the same standard that cheap chinese electronics are

and that's not even getting into the things like apple drilling holes in their metal hinges so they are more likely to break, their anti-tangle coating literally making cords more likely to tangle and break, and inventing special screws so you have to buy a special screwdriver to open their products

that's the unibody design regular macbook pros that had their fans spewing out hot air where the displays were glued. retina models didn't have this issue.

If you like low travel keys it's genuinely pretty good, probably one of the most tactile switches I have tried.
Also, as long as you live in a country with good customer protection laws, you shouldn't be worried about its supposed lack reliability (which has been overblown to say the least).

Does Apple at least provide you with toiletpaper when you go street shitting? Or do you just use your hands?

iToddlers BTFO!

Attached: 1547867910042.gif (500x491, 376K)

iT-
Fuck, updated right while I was typing.

Attached: 1550292916277.jpg (1234x697, 103K)

Nope. I actually own one of these bad boys, and its been going strong for about a year.

>Does Apple at least provide you with toiletpaper when you go street shitting?
>Nope.

iPAJEETS BTFO

Attached: 1551618855824.gif (540x304, 1.86M)

the amount of Andjeet seething is actually amusing on this board.
It’s okay that you’re poor, you don’t have to be a self loathing racist to justify your feelings of inadequacy

You're evading your 500 years of bans iJeet.

Attached: 1552503273793.jpg (1336x873, 287K)

the first retina MBPs are unironically some of the worst laptops ever made

Windows doesnt even have a usable terminal

Why did you stop replying to me on the other thread? Did you get that upset? You know only children get mad online, right?

>still no counter to my original statement

Tell me iJeet, how sad was your grandmother when she woke up on Christmas day to find you stayed up all night through Christmas Eve shilling your fruit toys?

It’s sad how bad mental illness can get when you’re from a third world country with no healthcare. So this is what redditors think “trolling” is. Cringe.

>iJeet still evading the question

The question was answered numerous times already, please learn English or get off the internet.

You've never answered the question iJeet.

ad hominem’s only work if they are based in truth. And the truth is 99% of indians cannot afford the the IPhone XS Max that im writing this on.
Keep seething though, it’s pretty entertaining

>he doesn’t know English
It’s sad how street shitters are given internet access before developing English reading comprehension skills. I answered you in the iPad thread and you rage quit: cringe.

>iJeet still pretending to have answered the question
Try again.

>if I keep repeating myself I’ll be right
Seething Indian rage. So this is what people who aren’t us citizens (if you can call them people) are like.

Seething. Just answer the question iJeet.

I was in Japan (You can not relate as you have never left India) on Christmas Day 2017 and haven’t seen any of my grandparents in years. How does it feel knowing you will never have a job or a worthwhile education?

That has nothing to do with your grandma's disappointment in you iJeet.

It’s sad how children have next to no reading comprehension. Is that why you rage quit the previous thread? Mentally ill!

>iJeet dodges the question yet again

It's always a small percentage whatever the fault is on their products

The fact is you’re clearly schizophrenic and unable to cope with the fact that you’re a poor retard. Please face reality and get some help, anjeet. Trolling and spamming are against the rules of 4channel.org, please consider this your final warning.

it was okay now they don't care that much about it

Why do you keep talking about yourself iJeet? Just answer the question and free yourself.

I’ve never stayed with my grandmother on Christmas so I wouldn’t know ^_^

Why do you feel the need to lie iJeet?

Tell me about iJeet. What's his problem?

Attached: 1561690316176.png (1182x992, 102K)

what the fuck is that program, user?

bans.verniy.xyz/pages?file=1

>.xyz
Embarrassing

In terms of feel, it's the same as all the previous iterations. So if you don't like those, you're not going to like this one. It's a bit springier, though.
In terms of reliability, it's better from what I can tell. The keyboard has been out for a while now and so far no one seems to be complaining about the reliability of the "new materials" keyboard. It's possible that dust really wasn't the problem after all; it was heat. The keyboard sits atop the hottest part of the laptop with little cooling and the mechanism is very thin and delicate, so repeated and rapid heating and cooling could've warped the silicone and caused defective keys.
This would explain why the keys that went were always the Q, W, E, and R keys. Always in the top-left area of the keyboard.
It would also explain why Apple decided to get rid of the silicone and replace it with nylon, a more heat-resistant material.

Doesn't matter, though, because later this year they're dumping the Butterfly mechanism entirely (which I consider a shame because I actually like the mechanism and see potential in it) in favor of going back to a version of the old scissor-switch mechanism. Boo.

Repairs are free and if you have the 2018 model they'll give you the new and improved keyboard for free if you ask for it. Which is nice.

>muh merging folders!!1!!one1!
they fixed that long ago. you literally press a big blue button that says "MERGE" now.

>half of the responses to this thread
why is Jow Forums so immature?

>4 years old
should last decades

This could be taken two ways.
"We know it's going to break so might as well include it in the program."
OR
"We're so confident it's NOT going to break that we'll fix it for free if it does."
I choose to think it's the latter.

>new and improved keyboard

Attached: 1554006764128.png (690x793, 159K)

Written about the 2018 models, not the 2019.

>applel has been shitting out defective trash for 3 decades
>i choose to believe this year is different!!!111

Attached: 1533101052071.webm (960x540, 2.16M)

>people willingly choose to believe misinformation in order to delude themselves into being right
Apple Derangement Syndrome is a real thing.

>desperate attempt to 'trigger the itoddlers'

>i ignore reality if i don't like it
the state of iToddler cope

idk, user, the 2019 keyboards seem to have been doing fine so far. the fuss has died down. the controversy seems to be over so far.
it's entirely possible that this year might actually be different.

but judging by your reliance on overused Jow Forums memes and worn-out buzzwords, something tells me that you care more about getting a hostile reaction than being right. correct?

Attached: 1435128915188.jpg (224x225, 12K)

Jesus, 99% of Apple threads are made by this iJeet.
bans.verniy.xyz/pages?file=1&ref=g&com=apple&rul=

not him but the fact that it was put in the repair program the day it dropped shows that apple as no confidence in it

yikes

bazed

>handwaiving nonsense about thermals, literally incapable of providing any tangible evidence
Boy your arms must be tired

Consider "looking into the schematics" for any other competing laptop at a similar price point. cringepilled

>How's the Macbook Pro 2019 keyboard?
Wait until the next model. They are going back to scissor keys next year. They know the butterfly keys were a mistake and know that people are hanging on to older machines, in large part, to avoid them.

The 2019s are a sucker buy right now.

>macshit
Sucker buy: the brand.

As a rule yes, but if he's already thinking of buying one, at least don't buy the last model with a massive known defect that is being fixed next year. (I own a MacBook as a second machine that is easy to cary around, has a good battery, and the trackpad is awesome if you aren't using a mouse. That said, it's a 2014 model I bought refurb cheaply and it works like a charm. I never buy Appleshit new, and don't condone it's use as a replacement for a good PC.)

Is Apple paying him to do this? Isn't paying someone to gain unauthorized access to computer systems on your behalf a crime?

Damn it guys, apple hardware sucks but their ecosystem has people by the balls. My mom uses face time every day and mostly watches video, reads pdfs, and sends emails. Why is there no mac book that can handle these without being overkill for her? Why can't competitors use face time? Her birthday is in two weeks, and I need to get this figured out. I need to buy an apple product, but they're all too fucking expensive for a light user.

Attached: 1563572256120.png (1316x538, 316K)

>dude you get to drive out to a store every month!
Truly a magical experience.

The base model $300 iPad is literally built for moms and does all of those things perfectly. You can get them even cheaper with a student discount, or you can find a refurb for even less.

There is, it's called an iPad.

Awful yet

Anything post 2016 is a shit

>Damn it guys, apple hardware sucks but their ecosystem has people by the balls. My mom uses face time every day and mostly watches video, reads pdfs, and sends emails. Why is there no mac book that can handle these without being overkill for her? Why can't competitors use face time? Her birthday is in two weeks, and I need to get this figured out. I need to buy an apple product, but they're all too fucking expensive for a light user.
Basically what & said. But if you must get an actual MacBook look into 2013-2014 refurbs of MBPs. You can find them in the $400-500 range and they work surprisingly well for mom-stuff.

>ipajeet banned again

>buys iPhone on credit, or pays in monthly installments

You don't need a terminal when you have an usable GUI.

False and false lmao. Windows 10 ui fucks up and crazy its way less stable and mac right now

Can't comment on that, I use Windows 7.

don't expect honest opinions about owning an Apple product on Jow Forums.

Be sure not to buy a new cpu because win7 isnt supported. Majority of the win7 users have already been forced to upgrade for one reason or another

Die, boomer.