How long until CD becomes the new vinyl?

How long until CD becomes the new vinyl?

Attached: cd-colledction-flash_1.jpg (3772x3412, 3.42M)

never, because some people are obsessed with analogue, and cd is digital. cd is literally equivalent to flac or any other lossless codec so there's no reason for people to cling to it like some people cling to vinyl

it also helps that vinyl has all these rituals associated with buying, maintaining, and listening that some people enjoy, while CDs don't and won't

Maybe CD is vinyl for audiophiles

all of that could fit on a single micro sd card, talk about a waste of resources

most retarded sentence i've ever heard

Audiophiles can be brainwashed into anything, so I can imagine that someone will convince them at some point in time, that CD is the ultimate way to experience music. Of course not any cd, but this special kind of CD that costs 200 bucks because it is made of special materials.

I still buy CDs mainly because I dont want to give my money to Apple and Google jews.

>never
Also because disk rot. Mainly because disk rot. It's rare to see a CD older than 30 years that still plays through all tracks without skipping.

isnt that extended cd or some shit? i remember seeing these huge cds

labels will still sell cds well into the future. streaming is great, flac is awesome, but musicians still need physical copies. this is why vinyl is back in action, even though it's a vastly inferior format for recorded music. that doesn't seem to matter, they own a physical copy. so.. cd.. not going anywhere soon.

>even though it's a vastly inferior format for recorded music

Attached: 1561090983053.jpg (600x568, 50K)

>Also because disk rot. Mainly because disk rot.
not all discs from that time period are susceptible to rot.
hows that dynamic range going on your new releases you've played dozens of times? still good? lol. imagine even trying to defend lossy methods for storing audio.. in 2019. the extreme faggotry on this board just never ends.

It objectively is though.

Turn off the amplifier and hold your ear next to the needle to experience the real sound of vinyl, without all the turd polishing "warmness" filters.

music on cds come @16bits while rip vinyls could be ripped in @24bits though you could use higher bitrtes and stuff. not that there's audible difference.

vinyl doesn't have the the dynamic range even for 16 bits - it's just physically impossible, you can't read the surface with that much accuracy

>some people are obsessed with analogue
more like: some boomers still alive (not for long) are obsessed with analogue

Attached: 0cc.jpg (633x640, 51K)

checked
check my SD card

Attached: 128tb-sd-card.gif (537x700, 27K)

CD, from its inception, has been the true eternal format for recorded music. Will remain so, modulo disc rot issues.

Attached: 1920px-Compact_Disc_wordmark.svg.png (1920x951, 47K)

give it like 20ish more years and then all the Hipsters will start saying that CD quality is better then whatever format we'll use then.

And the really hardcore contrarian Hipsters will stay on vinyl like the losers they are

36hrs to dowloadload the whole card

Attached: 1508415563400.jpg (480x452, 18K)

explain why the entire classical music community dumped vinyl like a log of shit when CDs came around?

>it also helps that vinyl has all these rituals associated with buying, maintaining, and listening that some people enjoy, while CDs don't and won't
Sounds like some people should fucking give up on their old hipster format and get with the fucking times

Still better than actual SD cards speed

Because the people who bought classical music records weren't retards.

This. Most actual audiophiles moved to CDs and 24/192 FLAC a long time ago.

Even if you could read the surface that accurately, it was never recorded that accurately.
The information just isn't there, all you'd get is more noise.

/thread

>Unironically believing that vinyl's resurgence is to do with it being 'analog'
lmao, most people buying vinyl now probably don't even know what it means. They're buying it because it's "retro-cool" and the artwork is big. That's it.

Attached: 1562481436442.jpg (373x374, 16K)

I thought all optical media inevitably has disk rot, explain?