Paying $70 for a higher digit in the name

>Paying $70 for a higher digit in the name
Glad I did not fall for it.

Attached: Ex 3800.jpg (2560x1440, 989K)

>steve is still doing all core OC on Ryzen
What the fuck is wrong with him?

the 3600x and 3800x are useless and anymore who buys them are retards

overclocking per ccx is only really worth it on the 12 core 3900x since it has 4 ccx. while all the other onces only have 2.

would doing a 3x50 line with different CCX configs make sense?

sure. you can try what ever 25mhz you want to try and find the sweet spot. personally, I'm using a 3600 clocked at 4.3ghz on all cores, with 1.30v core voltage but couldn't even get a single 25mhz more for the first ccx lane.

just use ryzen master and try to find the highest all core oc with resonable voltages. after that, increase the first row ccx by 25mhz and bench with something like cinebench 20 which always caused my pc to instantly turn off when using the named 25mhz more on the first ccx row.

also, forget to mention, the ccx rows get worse per row. so the first 3 cores will always be the best performing, while the last row the worst. (anecdotal evidence though, from leddit)

3600 is those who want best value
3700x is for poorfags who want but can't afford the high end
3900x is for impatient faggots who can't wait for 3950x

>1.4V
The absolute madlad.

INTEL IS THE BEST FOR PREMIERE GOY

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

shitel fanboys always lying

3950x is going to be an absolute Holocaust, holy fuck.

Intel has Quicksync which dramatically decreases encoding time which is not shown here. But what they never mention is the amount of time you spend in Premiere editing where Zen 2 scores big in productivity. Being able to fast forwards and backwards in a 4K 60 FPS video is a breeze on a 3900X. Nobody sits in front of their PC looking at the clock during final output. You got make a cup of coffee and do something else instead.

>go make a cup of coffee
fixed

>Intcel chip at 5.1GHz only performs 2% better than AMD chip at 4.3GHz
What the FUCK, bros?

Attached: Everything's fine.png (653x726, 84K)

what else would you expect from tech gorilla?

kek

this. Right now I'm thinking the best value is to get a 3600, then in a year or two get a 3950x when it's dirt cheap. Solid upgrade for a good price and same socket.

Of course this also depends on what Zen3 ends up being like, whether it's on AM4 or AM5, etc.

I almost fell for it.
Now the question is: do I go for 3700X or do I fall for 3900X?

Is it true that x470 boards only support max 2400mhz memory for ryzen 7 cpus?

t:absolute retard

Attached: vince_m.gif (200x150, 2.75M)

Or what the fuck are 7th generation a series cpus? Is 3700x that or what the fugg?

>absolute retard
it shows

Ah nvm they are not the same

t:retard

Attached: alex_jones_1.gif (309x313, 2.91M)

>What the fuck is wrong with him?

Nothing. All core oc's benefits are temps that don't jump around as much and just in general better.

Also don't think just because PBO will clock cores higher it's already confirmed that around 4.2ghz is basically where it tops out at unless you have an extremely good cooler so imho running the cores at a fixed value that is greater to or equal what pbo clocks them at when your doing whatever it is you are doing while having better temps and less temp spikes is better than leaving it stock

i am a little disappointed that there is virtually no gains to be had at all though.

>*activates quicksync encoding*
Nothing personel

tell that to my n3700

what i dont understand is how gamersnexus managed 3700x @ 4.3ghz 1.35v when mine can barely run stable 4.20ghz 1.38

Maybe you got a bad chip. Mine got 4.35ghz at 1.32v.

Attached: 4350.png (485x422, 64K)

Iirc they confirmed zen2+ to be on AM4, not sure about zen3 but I don't think they'll change it unless something about the AM4 platform would cause major bottlenecks which seems unlikely

Could be golden sample. Or it could be better cooling on their part (if they've got an open bench and you're hotboxing all your parts inside a metal box, well, there you go.)

I thought there was no such thing as zen2+?

Be honest with yourself: whatcha gonna do with the extra cores?

I'm pretty sure that's why the 3800x exists, it's a binned 3700x that's guaranteed to hit a certain frequency. Depending on what percentage of 3700x chips are able to hit that same frequency it might be worth to gamble, or it might not. It's kind of hard to tell without polling a large number of customers and GN's test doesn't really prove anything. I personally think even if you get a bad 3700x chip the difference won't be enough to justify the extra cost. If you really really want extra performance get a 3900x

Oh wait I don't actually know if they'll do a refresh this time, I just assumed they would since they're not moving to 5nm until the 5000 series so I figured that would be called zen3 just like how the move to 7nm was called zen2. In any case whatever they release next year will be AM4, we can only guess after that. Something to consider though is that ryzen 5000 will most likely support ddr5 but your 400/500 series mobo will not

Supply, demand and yields. AMD has done this since at least back in the Athlon XP days, where some 2500+ chips were relabled 3200+ ones.

Have you properly stress tested it at 1.32v?