/spg/ - Smartphone General

best phone edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread:

Attached: Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-7-Black.jpg (650x550, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

replacebase.co.uk/for-motorola-moto-x-play-replacement-internal-battery-pack-fl40-oem
replacebase.co.uk/replacebase-motorola-moto-x-play-replacement-battery-fl40-3-8v-3500mah
youtube.com/watch?v=298Cw3_qGwE
fxtec.com/pro1/
digitaltrends.com/mobile/unihertz-titan-news/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>best phone
>not a Redmi 7
ew

>720p
>SD632
>micro USB
>only 40€ less than the Note
no, it's shit.

Motorola Moto G7 Power, Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 or pixel 3a? Also, why you think one phone is better than the others would be helpful in my decision making. Currently leaning towards the Xiaomi based on the specs. Other recs welcome, thanks.

Attached: 1507076751830.gif (302x227, 304K)

Anyone have a Z5 Compact? How is it?

For how long should I charge my new phone? Is it true that it should be 6+ hours?

pixel is the best but redmeme is the best value

Redmi Note 7, by far the best value.

Oh, more info.
>country
USA
>carrier
ATT
>wanted features
Nice screen, good camera, fast, good battery life. Anything nice, really. My last phone was some old shit from half a decade ago, so I am sure any upgrade will please me if I am honest.
>budget
$300-$450. Can stretch it a little, but this is my comfort zone.
>size
As long at it isn't some ridiculous brick I am not too concerned about size. A big screen would be nice.

>720p
Better battery life, performance
>SD632
B-B-BUT HIGHER IS BETTER!11
>microUSB
Cheaper, more popular, robust
>only 40€
That's like a 1/3 of Redmi Note

Pls halp lads.
Which replacement battery should I get for my Moto X Play?
Ordering from this site which has very good rating on Trustpilot, 92% Excellent, so as a vendor they can be trusted at least

Two options
>'OEM' version
>their own version
I don't care about the price

Here's what I'm thinking
>'OEM' version
They obviously sourced it from some place in Shenzhen, because I see ones just like it on AliExpress.
However, there seem to be two 'OEM' designs when you do an image search.
So is it really the official one, or is it just a widespread copy?
I'm thinking this is the danger with trusting an 'OEM' one. It could be a fake, hence might be unsafe. Or it could be used, just taken from an old phone and sold to this website
>dear fren, pls trust
Comes with a 6 month warranty.

>their own version
Listing says
>Here at The Replace Base we know good batteries from bad: with some models, it's hard to find a reliable, low cost economical battery so we've teamed up with a leading OEM to bring you what we think is the best battery for your device.
>All of our batteries are CE safety tested and come from responsible, certified manufacturers.They're made using high grade materials to give you a long, stable and sustainable performance.
>Although our rated capacity may show a little lower then your original battery the expected life is about the same, we always state the real world rated capacity of the battery, not the typical capacity that most manufacturers refer to, this means on paper ours may looks lower capacity but in real life performance we will match or be an indiscernible difference
>We are so confident that your battery will live up to expectations that we will replace or refund any battery that doesn't match the performance expected, no quibble.
I'm leaning towards this one because if they commissioned it to be made, specifically to be sold in a western market, with own company branding, it might be made to safer standards? And 12 month warranty.

Wat do?

Attached: which battery.png (1303x768, 433K)

Owned a Z1 and a Z3 Compact so not exactly what you're looking for. Personally I avoided the Z5 because of the Snapdragon 810. Notoriously hot and inefficient. You might be better off with the Z3 or the X Compact.

No, someone bullshitted you, that shit is completely unnecessary

>No, someone bullshitted you, that shit is completely unnecessary
So just until it reaches 100%?

Links
replacebase.co.uk/for-motorola-moto-x-play-replacement-internal-battery-pack-fl40-oem
replacebase.co.uk/replacebase-motorola-moto-x-play-replacement-battery-fl40-3-8v-3500mah

Attached: 1563539330513.jpg (1280x824, 151K)

for 450 get one plus 7

Charge it until it reaches 100%.

Manufacturers nowadays recommend not letting the phone discharge itself to the point where it's lower than 20%

K20 pro global version when??

Why do you think pixel is better than the redmeme?

Daily reminder to stop buying chink shit, this includes any phone made in China like:
Apple
Huawei and Honor
Xiaomi and One Plus
Lenovo and Motorola
Oppo and ZTE.

Buy phones made outside China, like Taiwan, South Korea and Japan, this phones don't include backdoors from the People's Republic of China.
Examples:
Sony(Japan)
Asus(Taiwan)
Samsung(SK)
LG(SK)
Google(SK)

Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=298Cw3_qGwE

Attached: redsmustdie.png (350x451, 89K)

You have excellent taste OP

Chinese phones have the best specs for the value, get fucked

>muh spex
Stop playing video games. Have sex.

They are so cheap because you're selling all your info to Xin Ping.
Also:
动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 法輪功 Falun Dafa 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize 劉暁波 Liu Xiaobo 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Winnie the Pooh 劉曉波动态网自由门

nubia x global version when

I really am leaning towards it. Should I spend the extra dosh for the pro version? Its still well within my budget still but not sure if necessary.

How do you guys charge your phones? Do you keep them between 45% and 75% or do you just keep it going until its low and max charge it?

Attached: 1543192242442.png (1267x785, 146K)

I had battery autism and would top up whenever I could all the time. My phone is now down to 70% f its original capacity.
From now on, unless I know I have a very long day e.g. I'm travelling, or some intense usage ahead of me where I know I won't have the chance to charge, I'm only gonna charge to 80%. I don't know about how low to avoid.

Samsung Galaxy S10e
>Previous phone was a note 9
>very happy with the phone
>performed smoothly all day, amazing battery
>Thought it might be my standard for a few years
>tied of carrying the size in addition to my work iPhone
>reaching across the screen all the time became annoying
>want small tiny phone now
>decide on S10e because it's less expensive and wasn't planning on the expense.
>surprised how responsive it is, never had a frustrating moment of lag
>disappointed the iris scanner isn't a feature
>fingerprint reader on power button is amazing however
>Unlocks without fidgeting with phone
>just won't keep my crimes on my phone anymore
>phone camera is amazing compared to Note 9
>never have to shift the phone to reach across the screen
>front camera notch doesn't impact video playback since the screen is wider than 16:9
>it's actually pretty cool, and anyone who wants a pop out front camera is a dummy dumb dumb
>screen is so large that I don't feel like I'm missing anything from the note 9
>dont even miss the curved edges, seemed like a gimmick more than anything anyway.
>Samsung Pay doesn't work on my unlocked global version, this is the only disappointing issue but may be possible to solve.

>Sony(Japan)
Umm try again, sweetie

Attached: 1538260921521.jpg (640x593, 28K)

From what I can tell about battery autism (and almost no research) is, keep it between 45% and 75% but I was worried if just charging in general kills the battery.

I only keep it at that range if I know I'm not going out too long or I'm just sitting at my desk all day, no reason to wear out the battery if I'm not doing shit that requires it.

>Want a new phone
>Remember why i haven't upgraded from my S5
Modern phones are absolute trash, lol i see you people arguing about maximizing battery life, when i can just throw away my shitty battery and insert a new one.
I honestly haven't closed my phone other than to swap batteries in a year.

I just dropped my Redmi Note 5 on the street a couple hours ago, and despite having the provided case on it the screen is cracked all over. I've had this phone since December.

How much does screen repair tend to cost and is it worth it? I was looking at getting a Moto G anyway since I can more easily root that, but not so soon. I'm broke now. I'm on holiday and I don't know what the first course of action is. Get a screen protector to stop the cracks from getting worse?

Any help appreciated.

will RN7 dropped price by december? or should I wait for RN8?

Is android 9 not coming to the Huawei Mate SE?

Get the bloody XZ1c

And he can't do shit with my data so I don't care. You act like Google phones and iPhones and the like don't harvest data either.

Will the note 10 have a headphone jack?

lol no, it's 100% confirmed it won't. Why would you consider that phone anyway, it'll be hideously overpriced.

Big screen. Good hardware. Good camera. Centered hole.

Anyone? Is the pro version worth the extra dosh or should I just get the normal one?

Attached: 1478082941536.jpg (500x350, 23K)

Redpill me on phone cases. There are so many varieties I don't know which one is the best. Current phone is a redmi note 7 by the way if that helps.

I'd go for it, it has a better SoC and camera. Just be aware there's no global version of it

I've owned two.
Had the first one replaced under warranty within a year because the micro-USB port melted while I had it charging overnight.
The second one I owned for several years and loved it. More processing power than I required and in a compact package. Recently I broke the screen for the second time, had it replaced and was about to replace the battery but now it won't charge so it's time for something new. I'll probably buy an XZ1C which is sadly larger than the Z5C, which was already larger than ideal, the XZ2C is just ridiculous.

save 800€ and get the Redmi Note 7 instead (which has all those things too, plus a headphone jack)

My V20 cracked and its headphone jack is busted. I'm ready to get a new phone, I'm willing to spend up to 500 but I'd much rather prefer something cheaper.

I'm looking for something with

>a good camera
> headphone jack
>long lasting bartery

>Just be aware there's no global version of it
Newbie question but can you elaborate what this means?

>not doing both at the same time

Dumb gay

Attached: IMG_20190502_200436-1-768x576.png (768x576, 433K)

The global versions usually support more bands so the phone works with your carrier. If you're in the US then it won't pick 4G. Check kimovil to see if it support the bands needed for your country

Hopefully the Razer Phone 3 adds these features. If it comes out at all.

>Asus(Taiwan)
wrong China

Attached: rear-box-showing-specs-zs570kl.jpg (913x902, 176K)

OH NO NO NO

Attached: y4MZG7e.jpg (702x996, 117K)

Thinking of getting the Pocophone F1, but it sounds like I'd be playing touch screen lottery if I do. Are the issues as bad as people say?

OnePlus 7 Pro

Redmi Note 7 or Mi 9T depending how much you wanna spend
the Mi 9T is more expensive but also better, both are great value

thoughts?

fxtec.com/pro1/

Attached: jBmQiDK.png (750x460, 148K)

How bad does the screen of the redmi note 7 bleed? Also, is it a decent upgrade from an A8 2018?

You can get a replacement LCD display for $20 off AliExpress, screen repair guides are available on Youtube

Hmm, I am no expert but it does say it supports B5 (850) and B41 (TDD 2500).

I live in the USA and have ATT. Sorry I have no idea what I am doing

It not a problem anymore

>I live in the USA and have ATT.
Forget about it then, it's not gonna work properly.

I just ordered one on ebay for $75, it's a shame no one's making good small phones anymore. May upgrade to an XZ1C if I really like it

Dang, thanks user.

>US, no carrier preferred
>hard budget of $300-$500
>mainly to be used for gaming

Are those popout phone holder things/ rings memes or are they actually useful? Also rings vs popouts, whats superior?
>muh selfies

Attached: dontjudgeme.png (1415x661, 912K)

Oneplus 6T

Razer Phone 2

OP7

He already missed out on the Prime Day deal, it's no longer $400

>Nice screen, good camera
Get the 3a and be done with it. XL if you want to splurge on a bigger screen and battery.

Those are good rationales, and I would have a hard time making a choice as well. At the end of the day phone batteries are something I sleep better knowing I spent a little bit more on.

Is the Mi A1 recommended for a fairly recent Lineage supported phone?

Attached: xiaomi-mi-a1-gold-3d-model-max-obj-fbx.jpg (1500x1055, 104K)

Forgot to say cheap as well. Fairly recent, Lineage supported, cheap phone.

My LG v30 arrived today, great phone have been using it all day. Went to shopping with it today and had the phone in my right pocket, was looking at a can of tomatoes and one of the tins started rolling, fell and bit the phone in my pocket with it's edge cracking the top half part. Was extremely sad, but im over it now since everything is fully functional and i can order a replacement for 10 dollars

Forgot to mention it hit the back and not then front screen

I bought a KuGi case. Works well and adds a lot of grip. But it makes the phone really thick.

A simple TPU case with textured sides for grip has always been good enough for me

I got my Redmi Note 7 yesterday.
I've installed Gcam.
Anything else?

And where's a good source for wallpapers for this aspect ratio?

what's objectively the best android around $300

this guy's got the right idea, any textured TPU case is OBJECTIVELY the best kind of phone case.
>good grip in both hands and on other objects, doesn't stick too much like silicon
>decent protection

i've always liked the fake carbon fiber ones

it's still $400 on their website

it's not perfect, but this moto g7 power is sick. I'm not going back to a tiny battery phone.

Based Iochad, good luck with your battery
Speculation is September based on Xiaomi registering stuff
3aXL if you can't get Xiaomi locally
Not a landscape typer, but it looks nice and slim
Ring is more secure and less hand strain for big heavy phones, especially when on a bus. It doubling as a stand is also pretty handy. Not familiar with popouts.
Mi 9T

>Anything else?
Get a custom ROM installed as well. Preferably with microG.

decent rom for my redmeme? don't like miui

i was thinking about getting a refurbished iphone 8 plus 64gb just to have both an apple and android phone on the sides.

Thoughts?

I know, this is not the stupid question thread, but however: Would one still be able to use Google Pay via NFC in shops if he is running a custom ROM (Lineage to be specific) on his phone?

Thanks for any answers, kind Anons.

No lol

If you want two phones you might as well mix it up, so go nuts.

why have 2 phones?

just alternate when i get bored of one. Guess mixing it up...plus an iphone 8 plus is only about 480 dollars used but i needed honest opinions on my idea.

alright fair enough. what are you thinking for an android?

i already own a s10 plus

>razor phone looks great, especially the based 16:9 screen
>read some more on it
>battery is the worst part of the phone it is absolute shit, no headphone jack, only the RP1 has a notification led on the front
Are there any other good 16:9 options?

How does one get bored of phones? You have the latest android flagship and you want to buy an old iShit to complement it? It won't do you any good whatsoever.

Get an iPad instead if you just want to use iOS

digitaltrends.com/mobile/unihertz-titan-news/

this looks pretty juicy if you're looking for something with a blackberry form factor

It's a nice design except for the name and logo. Unihertz sounds like you're saying universe with a speech impediment.

Got the pink 256 version on the prime day sale, no regrets. After a day I'm already used to the size.