Why is it so fucking SHIT

Why is it so fucking SHIT

Attached: google-play-music-100713684-large.jpg (1200x800, 45K)

Works for me

>Google service that isn't search
There you go.

it's google.

It's on life support. Google is just waiting for enough subscribers to sign up for YouTube Premium before it pulls the plug.

Yeah, seems so. I got sick of paying spotify every month so I switched to this recently and got 3 months for free. I'll prolly test the youtube music shit after that, another free month, but I dont even know what the difference between the two is. Why the fuck does Google have 2 streaming services

Replaced it with BlackPlayer because the left half of my screen doesn't work and the "later" """button""" just happens to be there, doesn't tilt.

Because google play music existed to rope you into their ecosystem by letting you upload and stream your own music library, and youtube premium exists purely as a profit venture so Google can strong-arm people into switching to their second, inferior streaming service when they inevitably kill google play music

>using your phone for music
fucking poorfags

Attached: unknown.png (624x1200, 864K)

Spotify is the only good streaming service

Attached: Screenshot_67.jpg (600x600, 24K)

It ain't tho

you can store 50k songs of your own for free.

what if the tracks you 'upload' are pirated? does it detect that and delete your entire google account and put you on DHS's bad goy list?

A Google music subscription gives you a subscription to YouTube premium too... It's the same shit

i used it before and it didn't do that. i stopped using it cuz it fucked up my metadata and turned explicit songs into non explicit ones though there was a switch to turn that shit feature off if i remember correctly.

/thread

no but it tries to "pair" them so get ready for metadata fuckery. Honestly if you want to host your own music, host your own server as well. Be it multimedia like Plex or something else

Because Google only wanted to get in on the streaming game. They don't actually give a shit about the platform itself. This explains why the library is so huge yet the app is glitchy and bloated.

Don't use YouTube Music. The audio quality is worse and the app doesn't have anywhere near as many features. Plus it drains your battery more. It's just objectively worse.

streaming services are shit for anything but very casual listening. cloud storage services are shit for media. fuck all y'all niggers.

Only dorks hate on streaming

I just swapped from Amazon Music to Google Music, because Android Auto integration is terrible for amazon music. Literally doesn't "just werk". How AIDs is google music for voice commands?

I didnt even know theres "Amazon music", kek

I still don't get why Pandora is the only streaming service (at least that I've tried) that's has an option to thumbs up/down for individual radio stations.

Yes, I like certain songs. No, that doesn't mean I want every station to be the same thing.

(I don't even know if Pandora still has this feature desu)

the real boss move is building a NAS and hosting your own music streaming service from it because its probably less money than a subscription service after a year or two and you don't have to deal with an external authority policing your library

It's not just that. Most Google products are getting incresingly worse.

this is the core problem with having an algorithm curate your playlists. yes, it is very easy, and convenient, and it really should be as simple as just letting you skip certain songs. but the creators of these services are beholden to the record labels that own the rights to literally all of their content, and it is naive to assume that they have not pressured the streaming services to manipulate what content that they suggest to users through their song suggestion features especially in consideration of how pedantic they have been with google and apple and spotify over popular artists

I'm glad I still just use mp3s. Fuck streaming services

Why would anyone pay for music when you can just download it for free?

He's just flexing

??? lets me access my multi-terabyte music collection for free using no space on my phone, seems good to me senpai

There is no way you're ever going to listen to all that music. What a waste of space!