That quality control

That quality control

youtube.com/watch?v=vi7nX2GvRTI

Attached: amd-7nm-ryzen-navi-feature.jpg (1200x675, 232K)

Other urls found in this thread:

digitaltrends.com/computing/nvidia-admits-2080-ti-problems/
youtube.com/watch?v=vi7nX2GvRTI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bathtub_curve
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Listen, you get what you pay for.
Buying a brand that's known as the budget option and expecting it to perform like Nvidia is just silly. So what have we learned? If you want quality, you buy Nvidia GPUs and Intel CPUs. End of story.

oh my fucking god, that thumbnail.

I rather it fail after 3 hours than like my GTX 1080 which fails every year because EVGA cheaped out. The three warranty expires in two weeks so it'll probably only last another year.

>Mor mony equil beter prefoamince
Good goy. Just remember, TDP, frames, performance, security, none of it matters in the real world.

Attached: Screenshot_20190628-171219_Magia_Record.png (2560x1440, 1.14M)

>anime image
Ignored.

Can you even imagine spending thousands of dollars on a brand new PC and putting PooMD parts in it? I honestly can't. I don't understand how people do something like this.

I'm pretty sure you put them in the same way you do any other parts???? Did you physically have a problem or something? Can you please elaborate?

Attached: IMG_20190603_123759918.jpg (4096x3072, 1.78M)

>decide to buy 3700x
>Shit literally doesn't have a stable bios release 2 weeks after release
>I have to fucking manually set voltages, frequencies and timings because out of the box settings like Core Performance Boost parks my vcore at permanent 1.5V idle with temps spiking to 70 degrees

Yea fuck shitzen and fuck AMD. I'll rather refund and wait for Intel to pull their shit together.

Attached: 1563002214490.jpg (633x758, 162K)

someone needs to photoshop him unboxing a six pack of s-o-y milk instead

You just know that AMD's Indianiggerâ„¢ brigade is about to bombard his video with dislikes and comments questioning his ability of being a capable user of a superior AMD product.

Imagine the disgust of that mailman as the basedman opens the door and quickly grabs the package, the man didn't hasitate to look back again, he just went from the porch asap

Or you could just not use PBO because it gives you an improvement of about 2%.

>indiantel niggers are already in full force
Kek leave and take your pozzed housefires with you.

Attached: 1562530015828.png (632x590, 67K)

onions

PBO =/= CPB. Without CPB will never boost over stock frequency ie: 3600Mhz of my 3700x unless you OC it yourself. Best thing after looking up on the issue of CPB boosting your idle voltage to dangerous levels this shit was around since first gen Ryzen. AMD is the shittiest company in the universe, I'm not even kidding.

Poocision Boost Overdrive

Wait for Intel to come back with an even more pozzed uarch to compete with Ryzen. Throw more speed holes because Intel fanboys are braindead monkeys anyway.

>zoomer e-celeb reaction youtuber thread
CANCER

You can tell AMD has a good launch when Jow Forums is full of damage control from intelfags/nvidiots for 3 weeks straight trying to grasp at any straw that their favorite company didn't just get btfo

Attached: chrome_ZNBZ0mpJ2W.png (1266x705, 397K)

>CPB
That's the motherboard makers fault, right?

>anime website
Destroyed

>Always Making Duds

>Technology board
fag

Literally only people who keep those garbage CPUs are tech illiterate retards who are happy to beta test another AMD paper launch while idling at 1.5V and 60 degrees

Attached: weebs.png (772x2344, 827K)

>Technology board
>on an anime website
cuck

>Timmy Joe PC Tech
>Timmy Joe
Never trust anyone with two first names

>my 8700 build has no issues
>my 2600x build has no issues
ahahahahhaha
feels good not being a brandwhore and not buying new hardware within 8 months of release
thanks for beta testing me for fags
who /buyswhatwerks,onceitwerks/ here?

>Buy Intel and Nvidia
>After 12 months find out your hardware has been either spying on you or gimping itself
>Buy AMD
>After 12 months find out that release issues still haven't been fixed

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Or it's just luck of the draw, espeically with early models.

Friend had two 1080tis catch on fire within a few months of receiving them. The first one destroyed his entire computer and nvidia replaced it. The second just destroyed the mb and the gpu. Idk why he even bothered putting a third in but it's been fine since. Not a typical experience, but shit happens.

>Poozen 2.0
>Poo build quality
>Poo BIOS support
>Poo performance for gayming
>Poo product segmentation
>Poo idle voltages
>Poo OC headroom

I cant handle the onions

>OC headroom
OC headroom on Ryzen???
wtf have you been smoking, user?

After watching the video I wonder if it was just underpowered? Like, what if he put a higher Watt PSU in the box?
I know the GPU is advertized with a certain wattage, but what if it takes more than what it advertizes?

It seems like everything he did to fix the GPU issue had to do with power draw

>Friend had two 1080tis catch on fire within a few months of receiving them.
>anecdotal evidence
nice try AMD shill.

>imagine being this much of a NEET
stay salty cuck

Anything without exact, precise video evidence over the entire time frame in question can never have occurred. And if there is video evidence, it's been tampered with.

I bet it was EVGA. Honestly unlike AMD which has both dogshit and great manufacturers that you can trust and avoid Nvidia was always a hit and miss. I've had in my hands great ZOTAC/MSI/GIGABYTE/EVGA cards and I've had ones that were absolutely fucking garbage.

cope

thanks for betatesting

>I even sold my radeon vii to get my hands on this thing

Attached: 1419461481630.jpg (634x1098, 157K)

why was he already talking ironically before the card was showing any signals of corruption?

Attached: 1548740623746.gif (300x300, 1.5M)

Because he had discovered the artifacts before making the video?

>shitel
>shit2duo
>shitwell
>shitlake
>cascade shit

Attached: 1563658378175.jpg (960x928, 66K)

but he was playing without any corrupted textures

digitaltrends.com/computing/nvidia-admits-2080-ti-problems/
You can now fuck off, shill.

>another numale youtuber

Attached: 1563238046537.webm (960x540, 2.32M)

pretty easy to tell when a student working for a viral marketing firm is trying to shill on Jow Forums. it's always obvious that they don't know jack shit about Jow Forums and it's history. that, and the fact that they write like fags and their shit's all retarded, makes them real easy to spot

Attached: 4chan-anime-g.png (800x2810, 580K)

Maybe just turn the ricer shit off and use it in default mode for a few weeks?

Should a bought a gigabyte or Asus $200 X570 instead of trying to "save money" by paying more for a less feature-rich x470.

based

>early adopting ever
lemayo, I'm going zen 2 later in the year like a chad when B550 comes out.

>making a thread on Jow Forums because you heard about 1 new card that died
oh noes amd is finished.

Jow Forumsing the nothing matters @ intel list.

RTX line had similar issues on launch. New architectures can have teething problems. Who knew!

>he probably used HWINFO64 to measure the voltage instead of the latest CPU-Z
Dumbo

>video games
cringe
have sex

It's like there's a reason we have an RMA process.

More like only retards buy motherboards with no support instead of a $130 x570 board

video games have been normie as fuck for a long time. if you'd talked to any women you'd know this.

Only problem I'm having with my 3600 is that sometimes it doesn't wake from sleep

>$130 x570
Yes, I'm sure the other people are the retards.

>bugman
>says he came home from the gym
nuke this fucking faggit

when i looked at this chart and saw my 2080 i was proud then i saw the benchmark name

The only damage control was from drones when AMD shot themselves in the foot. What they have is not revolutionary aside from the middle ground.Concerning consumer level at the bottom (2C/4T) its neck and neck, at the top (8C/4t) its neck and neck. In the middle where most enthusiasts and drive-by's live it could have been EASILY DOMINATED with Zen2. But it was not. The only options for Red Team ass-kissers were expensive boards that had out of the box support or shitty BIOS updates. So for someone like me who wants power for VM's the cost kind of evens out towards the higher end. Going AMD does make sense though especially if I go Zen+ because I'm not into gaymen.
My vote is for team green, the cash in my wallet, but goddamn AMD really screwed the pooch with this launch.

>(8C/4t)
4c/8t
I'm a fucking ID10-T

8/16
I'm fucking drunk as a skungk Jow Forums

He is a bloody retard. He was running the card at ~90C for both GPU and memory. That kills the silicon and he also has a subpar cooling setup for blower cards

It doesn't help that AMD's stock fan profile on their performance SKUs are too bloody low because "too much noise" for their aircooled chips. You have to sacrifice silence on air-cooling if you want to deal with 200W+ of energy.

This kind of zoomer/millenial faggotry is why we need another purge like a world war.

>knows full well that blowers dont like confined cases
>uses a case that is filled with cables and cant have proper airflow
>makes a video on how his gpu dies
>blames amd but not himself

Dare I say Another Massive Disappointment?

dumbass overclocked it too much and now he is playing innocent. tough shit faggot, you lost your shekels.

>leddit also returning/swapping out their 5700/5700XTs waiting for driver fixes
ohohoohohaAHAHAHA
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHA
AHAHA

And people wondered why 5700/xt was priced below their nvidia counterparts.
>That quality control
This is why

90C isn't enough to kill silicon that quickly
If his card was bum from the start it really would not have mattered what temperature it was, it was doomed to fail either way, not even coddling it would have gave it the life you would expect out of a GPU

He did not OC it idiot

>youtube.com/watch?v=vi7nX2GvRTI
>@2:53

How can AMD do so well in CPU market yet continue to fuck up every step of the way with GPUs since they bought radeon?

90C is pretty bad, but that's on AMD who insisted on a blower design.
That heat will soak into the surroundings of the chip and heat up the GDDR6, which is made worse as it is installed closer to the die than GDDR5x ever was.
I don't believe nands like operating at 80C+ which it probably did while he used it.

>dumbass overclocked it too much

he says otherwise

it was down to the shitty cooler anyway.
this is why idoits and open air benchs with blower is bad

also cooling is really shit with plexiglass cases in general.

that said I have had a few blower cards my self and it boils down to thermal pase, airflow and where in the world you are

for example you don't buy a blower card of you live in austiralia or death valley in cali.
LOL
this guy just happens to live in a hot part of the US in a basement with no ventilation

think about that.

>90C is pretty bad
Seems like you have never suffered at any point trough Fermi in which 90C+ was the norm for lots of cards
>but that's on AMD who insisted on a blower design
Blower designs exist because blower coolers can keep the card somewhat cool even in a very bad case airfliow situation
AMD and Nvidia both make their reference cards with the lowest common denominator in mind, only going to an axial cooler when they have to

>I don't believe nands like operating at 80C+ which it probably did while he used it.
It's not NAND, it's RAM and according to a random Micron datasheet for GDDR6 it's fine to 95C

Bullshit this is faulty silicon not heat

It does kill the silicon especially when it is overvolted and running beyond spec (Anniversary SKUs are factory overclocked) Memory doesn't like being toasty and throws up garbage before outright failing.

GDDR6 appears to have low tolerance for heat since higher-end RTX SKUs have the same damn problem.

Yep, idiots who don't understand why their mid-towers with shitty AIO setups and subpar can't handle 200W+ GPUs.

And then you have half of them putting their radiators on the intake.

If a card can't handle a single bout being at 90c even with a simple factory OC then it's flat out a bad card, which can happen

>GDDR6 appears to have low tolerance for heat since higher-end RTX SKUs have the same damn problem.
If memory is failing while still in a specified temperature range than that is on whoever makes the memory, not AMD or Nvidia

It isn't a bad card idiot. You can't make everything idiot proof.

ITT: Kiddies who never handle naked chips or silicon that didn't have build-in thermal protection/throttling

>Seems like you have never suffered at any point trough Fermi in which 90C+ was the norm for lots of cards
Theyre on different uA and different processes. You can't just equate one to the other.
>Blower designs exist because blower coolers can keep the card somewhat cool even in a very bad case airfliow situation
That sounds like amd cope to me, and consider that it came from their marketing director, not an engineer.
>AMD and Nvidia both make their reference cards with the lowest common denominator in mind, only going to an axial cooler when they have to
Turing has moved on to axial fans as standard while amd is stuck in the past.
>It's not NAND, it's RAM and according to a random Micron datasheet for GDDR6 it's fine to 95C
Good to know

>my gpu actually died and isn't working at all
>amd: here, install these drivers maybe they'll work

Attached: 1515483547475.jpg (499x293, 21K)

>AMD has a good launch

reliable boost clocks don't matter!
5ghz doesn't matter!
latency doesn't matter!
beating intel in gaming doesn't matter!
overclocking doesn't matter!
binning doesn't matter!
BIOS updates don't matter!
chipset TDP doesn't matter!
fan noise doesn't matter!

You are doing this for free.

You're like stallman who thinks that Jow Forums is actually nonweeb/Jow Forums

>ITT: Kiddies who never handle naked chips or silicon that didn't have build-in thermal protection/throttling
I remember those. Socket A AMD, Slot 1 Intel CPU...

You seem dead set on pinning the blame on someone
There are defects out there, shit happens, people are trying to make a controversy over a bum card

>that didn't have build-in thermal protection/throttling
We mush have really regressed somewhere down the line then, because every card I've own that suffered from overheating due to a fan curve bug or high ambient temps, throttled back and you mean to tell me a 5700 doesn't have the same faculties?

It's well known AMD achieves better binning by overvolting. you basically get reject chips because the bar is lower for them by boosting voltages across the board so they all technically run ok in testing with conservative clocks. this is where the "just undervolt!" meme comes from. they do the same thing with CPUs. why do you think ryzen 3000 has a "fuzzy" boost clock? because only some chips can OC that high, it's a lottery. 4.6 ghz actually means 4.1 in most cases.

The launch is so bad 3900x has been sold out in Europe. Keep coping.

That means nothing when there's only 100 3900x's in Europe.

At least it didn't burst in flames

That's 99 more than 9900k.

Just as planned, no one cares.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bathtub_curve