/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on titles above parts lists to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 3200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600 - Good gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 1700X - Budget video editing
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM:
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks ONLY for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in code) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP
>B-die is EOL, stock is limited

GPUs based on current pricing:
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660 - higher fps / more demanding games
>RX 5700 - even higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - basic
>RX 5700XT - standard
>RTX 2070 Super - higher framerates in SOME games
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070S OC - budget option. Turing performance scales better into 4K than Navi does.
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi AIB models come mid-August. 5700 blower is alright, due to low power.

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Yes, adaptive sync (free/g/sync) is important
>SSD Guide (250GB+ SATA bare minimums): i.imgur.com/79MYtoE.png
>NVMe isn't better than SATA SSD for gaming
>"Bottleneck checker" sites don't work
>Don't use Speccy
>AM4 VRMs + Monitors under "more"

more: rentry.co/pcbg-more
prev

Attached: 2019_1-28_MiniDeskPC.jpg (449x310, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/hVRTXP
youtube.com/watch?v=vi7nX2GvRTI
youtu.be/vi7nX2GvRTI?t=429
tftcentral.co.uk/blog/aoc-cq32g1-gaming-display-with-31-5-va-panel-and-144hz-refresh-rate/
youtube.com/watch?v=TqVQhHjumvs
pcpartpicker.com/list/K8687W
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Macs are GOAT

>Gayest Of All Time

Attached: tenor (3).gif (498x278, 1.69M)

BTFO

Reminder that if you are looking for a new 1440p monitor you may want to wait and see about this new lg panel

Attached: Screenshot_20190715-201531_Amazon Shopping.jpg (1439x2418, 1.06M)

Macbook pros are pretty cool IMO but you can build those so its off topic

Case is a matter of personal preference to a degree so it's a fair point. As for the motherboard it was a first generation Ryzen chipset and from what I remember they had issues with memory profiles, a lot of people struggled to run their memories at their advertised specs. B450 Tomahawk is a decent motherboard. Actually you can get a Pro Carbon which seems like a better board that also has built-in wifi, so you don't need an additional adapter.
pcpartpicker.com/list/hVRTXP

>Don't use Speccy
why not?

Who are you quoting user?

It looks nice, if only there was a FreeSync version.

It has freesync

Monitors are like one of the few things that didn't get cheaper in the last 5 years.

How hard is it to replace the motherboard?

It reads AMD temps incorrectly

For nvidia owners they did. I am so glad amd killednthe old gsync

from the last thread
how does the scythe mugen 5 rev.b compare to the u9s?

Has anything ever read amd temps correcty?

Stop saying the 2070S gets higher FPS in some games when it also gets lower FPS in other games.

How is this poster always on point?

>5700XT is 1080Ti perf. That's pretty compelling for $400.
Holy fuck, your shilling is getting out of control.

You unplug everything, unscrew 9 screws then put everything back. It takes like 10 minutes if you known what you're doing.

The OP

Does anyone have any tips for someone going for an SFF build?

How much do you guys think an all AMD build will cost when the Navi and Zen II comes out?

Did you just wake up from a coma user?

From the last thread, I ran rising storm 2 and it ran with a extra 20 frames, so I think the files copied correctly but do i have to open the case and disconnect the hard drive and then boot to see if the ssd is the boot drive

based time traveler

Attached: 1400287355739.png (488x603, 21K)

WAIT IS THE ZEN II ALREADY OUT? FUCK!

Attached: Slowpoke.png (250x250, 44K)

Nigger it's been out since the 7th

it's been exactly two weeks as of today

Attached: 1337208599356.jpg (442x330, 17K)

Oh shoot, I didn't notice. They're really pushing the "G-SYNC Compatible" label.

So how much would an all AMD build cost then?

No, urs

>Updating my system for the first time since 2013
>My PSU from back then sells for over 600$ on Amazon and 300$ on Corsairs website.

Welp looks like I can just keep using it has been solid since I got it in 2013.

AX860i Digital ATX 80 PLUSĀ® PLATINUM

are supernova g1s still good or should I go with g2 or g3?

seasonic prime ultra

You have a range between a 3600 and a 5700 running on a flashed BIOS previous gen board, or a 3900X with 5700XT on a X570 board.

Do you think 3900X will beat the 9900k in 2 year or so when games start to optimize for 12-16 cores, and generally pay more attention to ryzen optimizations?

Isn't this already out of stock before it's even available?

Ive had a supernova platinun 650w for about 2 years now. Works just fine. Psus that are just as good or better could likely be found cheaper. I like evga though as a company, because they are american.

Looks like it by looking at amazon. Glad i listened to my gut and preordered a monitor as dumb as it sounds lol

buying this next week can't fucking wait

just bought an EVGA RTX 2080 TI ftw3 ultra gaming for $1100 lads I'm sorry

Attached: 1537109726317.jpg (572x720, 39K)

youtube.com/watch?v=vi7nX2GvRTI
>it's fine when AMD does it
>but it's inexcusable when this happens to NVIDIA

Based Goyim

I'll buy it off you for 500 in 2 years.

Me too bro ive been on a 6bit vg248qe for 4 years. Its a huge upgrade and i am glad i held out and get the freesync gsync and 1ms bonuses on top of this panels fantastic accuracy

anyone? i see a lot of ATX but i don't need all of that

Those really arent popular in pcbg you may want to try and find a guide. Feel free to keep asking though

youtu.be/vi7nX2GvRTI?t=429
>putting a higher fan speed CRASHES the videocard
HAHAHAH

Attached: 1360295338375.jpg (638x477, 48K)

Attached: its christmans.jpg (1101x691, 228K)

Mugen Scythe 5 rev.b
Cryorig M9a
GAMMAXX 400
which of these should I get for a 2600x?
Im leaning towards the M9a because its marginally louder than the Mugen for half the price and the gammaxx seems loud as fuck.
Any suggestions?

In Amazon Canada an LG 27' IPS 144Hz monitor was erroneous sited for $318 CAD. I missed the deal but is that same monitor for 398 CAD still good? The original price was 479 CAD.

anyone to fix this with no tools?
mouse randomly disconnects

Attached: 20190720_1916577.jpg (2648x1068, 1.49M)

It already beats it in some games that use more than 16 threads, like kingdom come deliverance.
And it already beats it in real world usage (running more than a game where the slow context switching makes Intel shit)

Considering the 1080Ti came out 2 years ago and is already beaten by a $400 card, I doubt it'll be worth $500 in 2 years.

Any case in particular you're looking at? What do you want to run in them?

Seen some anons talking about a Hyper 212 Black sale soon or something.
Might be another option to consider.

Cant fit in my case, sadly

tftcentral.co.uk/blog/aoc-cq32g1-gaming-display-with-31-5-va-panel-and-144hz-refresh-rate/

Thinking of getting one of these. Last thread someone said they'd never buy AOC but didn't go into detail. Any red flags?

youtube.com/watch?v=TqVQhHjumvs

OH NO NO NO

Attached: 1549934410070.png (807x745, 205K)

I bought $200 16GB ram.

Is there any news on new 24" 1080p IPS sync monitors being released? Is it just a pipe dream?

Attached: 8748722.jpg (1300x866, 133K)

Who would want it?

>IPS
I swear this shit is the biggest bullshit on the market
you can make ANY TN panel look amazing with sensible color tweaking, its fucking VA you should avoid

Imagine when the 3950X comes out.
You'll be able to disable SMT and still have the same number of threads as the 9900K.

we're in the "poor financial decisions" club together user

VA is good though.

pls

that's okay i would have gotten my worth out of it

[spoiler] me..... [/spoiler]

Attached: 1446218705360.jpg (199x216, 20K)

So call me out if I'm bullshitting here, but isn't the reason why turning SMT off helps because the thread scheduling for most games haven't been optimized yet, leading to shit like workloads being unnecessarily shared between different CCXes, and shit like 4 threads sitting at 20% instead of having 1 thread at 80%. Limiting a game to half the threads probably gives the same performance boost, or better yet, limiting it to the 16 threads on the first CCX.

Attached: hmm.jpg (300x300, 15K)

I dont even know how to spoiler shit anymore

this board doesnt have spoilers you nincompoop

So I'm looking at finally retiring the i5 2500k for a Ryzen 3600. I've seen a lot of people talking about issues with the B450 boards, which are the only ones currently in budget for me. I understand that these kind of teething issues are common but is there any possibility that the issues won't be fixed? At this point it seems like I should wait a month or two before buying but sooner would be better and I really don't want to buy a board for it and then be screwed because the manufacturer decided that they couldn't support it after all.

get a new mouse? not a whole hell of a lot to work with here buddy

Hey buddy I think you got the wrong board, the videogame club is two blocks down.

Based

Yep.
This is an Nvidia driver issue with the SMT, and rarely an issue with the games themselves. There is no such problem with an AMD GPU.
Nvidia will fix it, and the 3900X will kill the 9900k even with SMT enabled.

There is a possibility that board makers will be lazy and make people mad by not fixing them, yes.
MSI had a fuckload of 300 series board issues that were entirely BIOS. Still there on 400 series launch. Took months after 400 series launch before they were finally fixed, but then they became the top recommendation.
If you want to 100% avoid the issues, get a cheap X570 board like the ASUS TUF.

wat? a ton came out in the past year, including 1920x1200 ones. Why do you think 1080p@75 Freesync IPS suddenly dropped to $90-$110?

that's it? it will take forever for that to ship
what's the best mouse i can get for 20 bucks?

I'm so fed up with my shitty computer

Attached: 1517438656936.jpg (520x512, 25K)

>AHAHAHHAH 9700K has only 8 cores and 8 threads!
>p--please disable SMT on ryzen the extra threads fuck it up
well which one is it?

2070 Super is the last part I need and it sells out in minutes

Whats better in terms of performance
Vega 56 core clock from 1550Mhz to 1600Mhz
OR memory clock from 935Mhz to 960Mhz

I mean we can have the best of both worlds. Disabled when we don't need them and enabled when we do.

>brand loyalty fags at it again
fucking amazing, shitposting nonstop for months

you mean for years.

I mean what's wrong with the mouse? You say it randomly disconnects, but is that with the software, or it physically falls out, or what?

no it stays plugged in but the mouse randomly shuts down and reboots
it's a gpro

I can't say I've had a mouse shut down and reboot on me, but then again I haven't used a wired mouse in years. I dunno, when I've had mice start to fail on me I just get a new one cause they're not that expensive.

bestbuy wanted $150 to upgrade b450 BIOS in-store. what the hell are they thinking? who wouldn't just buy x570 at that point?

bestbuy caters to the technologically illiterate

You should set up shop outside and offer upgrades for $100.

Attached: 1313581920405.gif (319x239, 2.56M)

Both are pretty negligible, in my opinion
I think the rule of thumb is that faster memory speeds only help if Memory was the bottleneck in the first place.

shit
if only i had money

thoughts on this build?
pcpartpicker.com/list/K8687W
I already have the 470, will likely upgrade later this year.

Funny, but Best Buy would just call the cops on your ass for trespassing. You would probably have to run it out of your car or use a generator, and even still, you would probably need a license to do that without risking fined or arrested.

Well with the heat, voltages and cooling I can only have one or the either.
If I get the core clocks, then the HBM memory becomes unstable at that clock.
If I take back the core clock a bit, the heat goes down and thus lets me have higher HBM2 clocks.
So the question is
Vega 56 core clock from 1550Mhz to 1600Mhz
OR memory clock from 935Mhz to 960Mhz
or what is the optimal combination of in between the two.

Please rate. Current build
>Intel Core 2 Quad QX9770 @ 4.3GHz
>Nvidia GTX295 dual GPU
>4GB DDR3-1066MHz
>2x 300GB WD Raptor 10k RPM drives in RAID 0. (OS and games)
>2x 1TB 5400rpm HDD for storage and backups
>1600x900p 60HZ panel.
I'm only gaming. I don't intend to stream and if I do, I'll use the GPU (apparently that's a thing).

Please no bully. I'm basing my choices off of brands that were considered good back when I built my current PC. I don't want a window on my case, and for some reason everyone says AiO coolers are good now? Is that true? Lastly, is SLI still a thing? Should I get a 2nd GPU? What would you change?

Attached: 1561774325655.jpg (750x750, 181K)