Be honest user

Be honest user.

If the macbook pro were expensive but had a good keyboard, non soldered RAM and SSD, non heating problems, and not the lack of meme, would you buy one? I think yes.

Attached: MBP15RD-TB-PT-Open105-SpGry_ANSI-US-EN-PRINT.jpg (970x545, 132K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Linux_distributions
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Microsoft_Windows_versions
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nah, I got my iPad Pro and then sold my Macbook because I don't need it.

Add in a nonshit OS, and sure.

for sure, as long as i could install whatever i want on it.

tell me ONE better OS.

Tip: You can't

iPad pro with an opensource OS will make laptops obsolete.

ganoo slash loonix

can you open them up to clean at least? I'm tempted to get one since I've already eliminated matebook pro and surface laptop 2. thinkpad x1 carbon is my last option but the good display isn't available yet here

If they sold a 2015 '15 with updated specs, probably yes.

iPadOS is literally the only reason the iPad is as good as it is, with its intuitive and smooth gesture and tiling system.
The only issue now is the lack of app support for a professional work in some cases, a fully featured version of the Office suite too would be great (and port over Access please ty).

that would be a thinkpad then

>If Macbooks weren't Macbooks, would you buy one?

not a current year thinkpad

No, i am poor-fag.

>if the macbook was good, would you buy it?
dumb question desu.

>If it had its design completely redone to be more like a thinkpad you'd buy one
...Yes?

I don't really need laptops right now. If I traveled a lot I might want one.

Be honest street shitter. Even if you had a toilet you still wouldn't shit in it.

Attached: 1545666545171.jpg (643x960, 255K)

>no socketed GPU and CPU as well
So, inferior to my current laptop still.

it would still need more usb ports, thunderbolt 3 ports, sd card slot, upgradable CPU and GPU, and a matte screen for me to buy it.

No, I'd buy a mid range laptop for half the price and better components.

I'll be honest.

If it wasn't shit, and it wasn't this, and it wasn't that, and it wasn't incredibly shit - then I'd probably buy one.

>if it didn't have all the problems it has would it be good?
obviously

So basically saying, if a Macbook Pro wasn't shit.
Well yeah, if it wasn't shit I would probably buy one. But what is the likelihood of that happening?

Sure. But it doesn't have those things.

Yeah and if they fixed those issues it wouldn't be Apple.

You don't need to go so far. Just remake macbook pro 2010-2015 with modern specs and it would be best laptop on the market today. Back then it was the ultimate laptop. Too bad apple's philosophy doesn't allow them to admit mistakes.

Well yes of course I would buy one user, but then it wouldn't be a MacBook would it?

I already have one and haven't had any issues with it

would buy again

Attached: peasant coming through.jpg (960x895, 314K)

If they just remade a PowerBook G4 Titanium with new hardware, i would buy it in a heartbeat. Old Apple design team was actually competent.

Attached: 2013-06-02-tibook.png (640x468, 67K)

Those hinges were so fragile. I knew multiple people whose hinges broke. The Wallstreet PowerBook G3 was much better looking anyway.

Fucking why? Darwin/XNU is fully posix compliant and open source.
Why, in case you need to put a 5 year old GPU/CPU with zero guarantee it'll work? Modern components are not socketed.

>Fucking why? Darwin/XNU is fully posix compliant and open source.
No one's running Darwin without running macOS though. Apple doesn't even release builds of it anymore.

You mean 2012 macbook? Yeah I'd pay 2019 money for a 2012 macbook (which mean about 150 bux for a macbook in 8/10 condition)

But then again I could get a T440 for less than 100 bucks and spend the rest on extra ram and SSD so why even bother. Okay macbook maybe have better screen but I'm not doing gaming on my laptop anyway so it's a moot point

It's all good, you can check out the code and API yourself when programming for mac os. That's the point, isn't it?
You get a smooth, beautiful OS isntead of a microstuttering mess. And why do you ruin your eyes with the crappy thinkpad display, you look at it all day, have some dignity and standards.

>That's the point, isn't it?
I thought the point was to have a non-shit OS you could use for this hypothetical laptop. macOS is shit and Darwin isn't usable.

>macOS is shit
macOS is gnu/linux written by professionals, if it's shit then gnu/linux is shit by deduction.
>Darwin isn't usable
You can use it as a reference for what happens in macos.

literally any other os

>macOS is gnu/linux written by professionals, if it's shit then gnu/linux is shit by deduction.
That's silly. You look at the final product to see if it's good or not, and the final product of macOS is dogshit. GNU/Linux is good.
Also most people who write free software are paid to do so, i.e. professionals.

They're not under any sort of contract, the bear no responsibilities whatsoever, and serve no warranties. We simply have to take Linus's word that the top 500 supercomputers won't melt down tomorrow. Gnu/linux doesn't even have proper fucking nvidia drivers.

So why is macOS shit?

>would you buy one?
No. I'm not gay, a child or a woman. They have absolutely no appeal to me what so ever.

Install gentoo

>They're not under any sort of contract, the bear no responsibilities whatsoever, and serve no warranties. We simply have to take Linus's word that the top 500 supercomputers won't melt down tomorrow.
You can pay for support and get a warranty if you want that. Several companies make a business out of exactly that.
>Gnu/linux doesn't even have proper fucking nvidia drivers.
Yes it does.
>So why is macOS shit?
Locked down, garbage UI, ancient CLI tools, anytime you wanna install something that's not App Store shit it's a second class citizen. Pure hipster garbage, I'm glad I switched away from it years ago.

>If the macbook pro were expensive but engineered to an entirely different standard and level of quality without its glaring design flaws and anti-consumer features

i'd consider buying a macbook if they stopped putting the voltage control circuitry for the backlight through the same ribbon cable that supplies power to the CPU which has the potential to fry the CPU with 20v if anything goes wrong, and shorts can happen on that connector with high humidity, you don't even need liquid contact or physical shock

lol

Paying for free software is hypocritical. Might as well be Apple then.
>does
Nope, nouveau is not worth considering and the proprietary ones don't work on lowlatency or custom compiled kernels.
>locked down
>muuuh CLI
It has every functionality you need, stop being a special snowflake.
>garbage UI
Much smoother and responsive than KDE or GNOME. Other DEs are fugly and not worth mentioning.

>Paying for free software is hypocritical
free as in freedom fucking hell why is this such a difficult concept for retards on here

>Paying for free software is hypocritical. Might as well be Apple then.
What principle does that violate?
>Nope, nouveau is not worth considering and the proprietary ones don't work on lowlatency or custom compiled kernels.
Nouveau works fine on old cards and I've used proprietary on custom kernels myself so I don't know what you're talking about there.
>It has every functionality you need, stop being a special snowflake.
Right I forgot, to Macfags any functionality apart from Facebook is being a "special snowflake."
>smoother
>responsible
>fugly
Yes macOS is very pretty and useless.

>macos
no.

Pick any. Literally any OS is better.
I'd rather run Android on it.

Haiku

I'd buy if it came with a 4:3 monitor and vga port.

>If shit were not a shit, I would buy one
No fucking way

I bought one at an inflated price in the shit country where I live, so yes.

do you mean the outside design?
Actual outside design of a Macbook it's waaay better than thinkpads.

>upgradable CPU and GPU
are you retarded? Who the fuck changes the CPU to the laptop?
Actual gpu/cpus can last at least 5-6 years easily.

>if it wasn't total trash would you buy one
Probably. But it's total trash.

this doesn't exist.
Oh wait, if you have bullshit materiales yes.

2015 macbook with updated specs?
Even with the price of the new macbooks?

Any Linux distro.

>literally any other os

This user answered you:

>macOS is gnu/linux written by professionals

I'm not a macbook fan but thinkpadfags who swore by lenovo's name need to understand that them sub-$100 thinkpads that they found on Craigslist/ebay are essentially false economy.

These used thinkpads were used by government institutions of all sort (paid with taxpayers' money no less) and when it's time to use the budget, they'd simply sell these thinkpads at throwaway prices

These thinkpads are not cheap when bought brand new and I can guarantee you the vendor who sold these thinkpads to government agencies will sell them at above MSRP because jew will always be jew. This is also the reason why they wouldn't upgrade these thinkpads despite thinkpads being one of the most upgradeable laptop around. There's just no money to be made for them

So when you guys rejoice in finding a T440/T50 in immaculate shape sold for 100 bucks, you guys tend to forget that the only reason why you guys got it for so cheap is because your tax money is wasted on mandatory vanity spending

>Nouveau works fine on old cards and I've used proprietary on custom kernels myself so I don't know what you're talking about there.

Old cards? We are not talking about ancient hardware user

it's bsd written for toddlers

>I think yes.
How does it feel to be wrong?

I know i'm not

Well it's pretty much like a milsurp market user. A M1 garand cost around USD2k to manufacture in today's money but at its lowest, they were sold for as low as USD50 before the price started to appreciate during clinton's years.

basically u need to erase all the shit that comes w ur macbook lil fagg..
instead of do that u must to go to a widows store and buy the newest i9

Am buying anyway cuz I only have to pay for half but I definetly would pay for it myself at that point.

>cuz I only have to pay for half
how

Yes. I used a Mac for years when they were making good quality laptops. Those days are LONG gone though.

i shat in the street and the ghost of abdul lateef jandali gave me a coupon for macs

College, dad's got me covered

Well it's clear you have no job involving technology.

>iPajeet shills fruit trash on Jow Forums
>99% of thread is shitting on macshit and applel
Literally BTFOing himself and Applel.

Attached: 1547477372440.jpg (2000x2000, 885K)

the matebook my dad just bought is almost as nice so I'd probably just get that since its exponentially cheaper, and doesn't have that stupid keyboard.

I don't need anything more than my shitty x220 for typing up assignments anyway though

Make a decent laptop, then throw in the apple special 2880x1800 16:10 and 10+hours of battery and make it not terrible value, and maybe

I have a 2015 Macbook Pro non-retina model as my daily laptop and it works great. Still has expandable memory, non-soldered storage, and a great keyboard. Great upgrade from my Thinkpad x220. Couldn't possibly recommend the newer models to people though. Outrageously expensive, shit keyboard (that breaks!), and no upgradability/maintenance ability. Honestly have no idea what I would buy if I was force to buy a new laptop today.

Reminder: Satania is a cuck who can only afford lagdroids with schoolgirl money and posts on Jow Forums to cope. Filter Satania's multiple cheap lagdroid devices.

Attached: iChads_were_right.png (800x450, 303K)

If only they would impliment real Microsoft Word the iPad pro would feel more "Pro."

How seething are you iJeet? All your shill threads just become Apple Hate Generals. All you ever accomplish is the exact opposite of your intention. Your inept rage is delicious.

Attached: 1561732427440.gif (1200x1200, 2.7M)

Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the quad speakers on my iPad Pro, the greatest tablet ever made.

Attached: iChad_Gab.jpg (210x240, 19K)

You're still missing the point. I can't stand using a Mac because it's fucking gay, not because of the hardware or anything. The hardware is actually pretty good, and the OS got many things right, except it's infinitely fucking gay so I'll pass.

kek what do you need?

You're thinking of iPadOS.
macOS is actually the best OS out there.

Street shit harder iJeet.

>good keyboard
It has one of the best.
>non soldered RAM and SSD
Why would anyone care? The issue is with Apple charging out of their ass for upgrades. Lack of upgradability is what keeps the shit smaller, more secure and allows a better battery life for the same size.
>non heating problems
15" 2019 doesn't have any. Previous ones never had them.
>would you buy one?
>buying a laptop with a fan
>in 2019
Fuck that. If they don't release an ARMbook I'm just going with a iPad Pro or some shit.

No. Still too weak.

Computers are tools not status symbols. Fuck off outta here

Own a MackBook late 2013 15" and can confirm this. It's solid and still works remarkably well. But with modern specs it would be great. 90% of the problems are from 2015 onward. (Butterfly keys, soldered shit, port castration, meme-bar, etc.)

I wouldn't because literally who the fuck needs notebooks/laptops anyway? Getting a desktop with is cheaper and more powerful in the highest end. I don't need to spend more than 100$ on a mobile shitposting station.

>if X product was actually good, would you buy it?

What kind of fucking question is that? Lmao

>what if macs were thinkpads instead of macshit?

Attached: 1558089388355.gif (500x491, 376K)

>iPajeet banned from his own thread

Attached: 1545302172388.gif (500x491, 370K)

If it had a hot-swapable battery, a trackpoint, non-metal exterior, no giant glowing logo on the back and didn't look like something a fag would carry...then perhaps.

Non-soldered RAM and SSD = can be upgraded by user

Which would be 100% irrelevant if they kept their prices somewhat reasonable.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Linux_distributions
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Microsoft_Windows_versions

If it had all of that + a hotswappable battery, no T2 chip and the ability to actually repair the fucker, yep.

But then it wouldn't be a Macbook.

You can't write a research paper on it, which kind of defeats the purpose of it in an academic setting.

It also wouldn't be any consumer laptop currently on the market new.