Hur durrr

>it’s not linux, it’s the gnu operating system

> gnu shash linux or gnu plus linux

> linux, the kernel

> Linux is a small piece on the GNU system

What the fuck is his problem?

Attached: 4BF0E0E8-5F41-410C-8DA7-44237AE61612.jpg (600x400, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techrights.org/wiki/index.php/Linux_Foundation
stallman.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He doesn't have the ability to create an OS. So, he steal it. Spoiler alert: He's a (((kike)))

>make free and open source software
>someone makes a kernel and uses your software to make an OS
>your kernel is buggy piece of shit
>everyone referring OS as a Linux
>most people at least heard about Linux but not about GNU
>get butthurt
>screetch at everyone who does not acknowledge your life achievements
This explains everything!

Why did he start making userspece programs when the kernel should be priority number one?

He tried to (HURD), and failed because most of the morons at the FSF (including Stallman himself) don't know shit about coding but are experts are politics crap.
Just look at the code of their shell utilities (what they call "coreutils") and compare it to any of the other implementations out there, if you aren't horrified enough, read their libc implementation and compare it to musl.
Stallman and his likes succeeded because they have a loud mouth and are capable of influencing the masses.

Wtf I love BSD now!?

it's actually just gnu

>What the fuck is his problem?
He's eternally butt-hurt because a college kid from Finland beat him to the kernel and became famous.

I'm not even surprised that a college kid did better, even a high school kid could've done something better than Stallman's crap.

>kike
>fought for freedom and worked for free for millions of people
>can't make an OS
>he literally did

>he literally did
Where's that GNU OS then?

Just look what the linux foundation has become. techrights.org/wiki/index.php/Linux_Foundation
Then ask yourself what has more weight; putting effort into promoting their lies or accepting that an interjection may butthurt some seconds, but at the end tells you the truth.

>truth
What truth are you talking about? Is that some new FSF-propaganda buzzword?

>(((lies)))
Who could be behind this post..?

Attached: 1542971088393.png (1013x1189, 524K)

You're probably using it.

Don't think so. I'm on arch Linux see, how there's no GNU in the name

that is not true at all

Attached: serveimage.png (500x556, 59K)

It's still GNU, dumb cunt.

>Hurr he uses some shell utilities from some entity so his entire operating system should be named after that entity

You don't know what GNU is.

No?
Arch devs, maintainers calls it "arch Linux" this is the name of the OS, "arch Linux".
Deal with it, dumb fuck.

No I do know what it is, and I do know that most Linux systems use nothing from GNU other than their shell utilities and maybe their C library.
Naming an entire thing after GNU because you use 2 tools from them is an idiotic reasoning.

Attached: 1558046639909.png (720x985, 128K)

No, Arch Linux isn't an OS, it is a distro of the GNU OS.
>from them
You really have no idea what GNU is. Stop being retarded.

>I would like to assimilate a moment

>Crying because no one is falling for the FSF bullshit
Keep being retarded.

>he doesn't know what GNU is

Attached: 1562753804082.png (884x874, 714K)

It's Linux distribution, no one cares about GNU except for that fat burger kike and same burgers on Jow Forums
Imagine being this mad that based Fin student invented OS
lmao, dumb burgers

Attached: 1545678806336.gif (620x566, 1.32M)

Why are you still on Jow Forums, isn't this the time for your daily propaganda reading?
Here let me help you:
stallman.org/

>writes a mere kernel
>claims he wrote an OS
Wow

It's called Emacs and RMS made it.

>mere kernel
>RMS still has unusable, impractical piece of shit what he calls Hurd which is in development longer than Linux and still can not be useful
imagine being this butthurt
It's just sad that whole life you try to be recognized and no one cares

Learn how free software works, retarded winnigger.

Learn modesty, self centered, butthurt, kike retard.

I use Unix so this Linux Gnu memery doesn't apply to me.

This thread is truly... Something.
GNU is more than a name and a logo. That it's not in the name of your system distribution doesn't mean all your coreutils aren't GNU software.
That GNU is primarily a political project doesn't mean that that's the project's only perk, it's obvious to everyone no one cares about politics but rather about efficiency, reliability, documentation and a legally valid licence that permits use and source access, all of which are traits GNU brought to the UNIX world as a first. All GNU software except HURD were already in use before Linux came along.
And HURD itself is a technological marvel on the same level as the rest of GNU except that it was left unfinished. It's a unixlike kernel fully extensible in userspace, as opposed to Linux where vm hosts and vpn clients need to reside inside the kernel contributing to bloat and attack surface. It's too bad it was left unfinished because of Linux.

If you really wish to reject everything GNU stands for, you're welcome to buy your commercial UNIX license from SUN or SGI or AT&T. BSDs aren't proprietary (or dysfunctional) enough after GNU's influence.

Thank god Darwin has none of these stupid problems

>Darwin
It's just macOS.

Reminder that if you don't call Android just Linux as well, you're a hypocritical NPC who fights for someone else' marketing lies.

No one is rejecting GNU, you retard. Just most people don't care to name it every time you say what OS you're using, moron. And majority of people knows Linux and not GNU, just because you and your retarded friends from Jow Forums does not interact with people outside your mom's house, doesn't mean others on Jow Forums don't.
I will continue calling it Linux to everyone I meet and there is nothing you can do about it.
I'll tell my gf that I use Linux operating system while we have sex.

>it's obvious to everyone no one cares about politics but rather about efficiency, reliability, documentation and a legally valid licence that permits use and source access, all of which are traits GNU brought to the UNIX world as a first
Oh really? *BSD was there before GNU was a thing.
Stop making it seem like GNU invented free software.
>All GNU software except HURD were already in use before Linux
See above.
>And HURD itself is a technological marvel on the same level as the rest of GNU except that it was left unfinished.
It's not, there are way better microkernels out there like Redox and Minix.
Hurd is a failure of a kernel, just because there aren't many microkernels out there doesn't mean that Hurd is some kind of "technological marvel".

>*BSD was there before GNU was a thing.
Not in the form it takes today. Not at all.

RMS actually put a lot of efford to convince BSD to go free.

How can it be an operating system when it's neither a system nor can operate or even boot?

Stallman is genuinely autistic and disgusting. The freetard community is full of lolcows with no self awareness. It can't be taken seriously

>t. brainlet
Learn to communicate, faggot.

What do you mean?
Existing projects are direct descendents of the original BSD code, which is itself a direct descendent of UNIX.
It had (and still has, as far as I know) the "efficiency, reliability, documentation and a legally valid license that permits use and source accees", the features that you claimed that GNU brought to the UNIX world "as a first".
If this is about how it changed over the years, then I can argue that Linux is not in the form today as it was when Linus started it in 1991.
They were already free, in fact, the BSD license is one of the oldest free software licenses ever. (Even older than the GPL)
The only thing that's related (in a vague way) to what you said is that the BSD people dropped the advertising clause from their license so that GPL software can benefit from BSD code.
(Before that, the advertising clause stated that when you advertise for your fork, you must mention the name of the original project as well, which is incompatible with the GPL, but that doesn't make them any less free).

>Existing projects are direct descendents of the original BSD code, which is itself a direct descendent of UNIX.
What do you think the lawsuit was for, retard?

What does the lawsuit have anything to do with what we are discussing?
AT&T claimed that they stole code, they didn't, the court agreed, end of story.

celibacy

he is the pioneer of inceldom

Attached: 1518210235580.png (633x758, 37K)

No, the court ordered them to remove all code owned by AT&T.

Yes, and?
That doesn't change the fact that they were already free before GNU, unlike the common misconception where people claim that GNU somehow invented free software and brought freedom to a proprietary world.

BSD is not a descendant of Unix, legally it is just a Unix clone like GNU.
They weren't free in 1983 when GNU began.

Was there a free license in use? Yes.
Did the license respect the four freedoms? Yes.
Did people have source access along with the binaries? Yes.
Then it was free.

>Was there a free license in use? Yes.
Mostly, no. That is why AT&T made them remove so much software by the summer of 92.

"Linux" as marketing term pays the Linux Foundation millions of dollars a year. GNU doesn't do this. When business people look it up, they see that wierd and uncomfortable "Free Software" thing, so better don't mention it.

linux is maybe the biggest lie in tech history, and it works because nobody has a clue and everybody parrots the stuff pay'd media tells them

do you think people would take him more seriously if he stopped being a fat fuck and eating things from his feet? honest question

Why don't they just make a modern kernel?

>What the fuck is his problem?
autism.

His problem is that you're too stupid to explain basic facts to.

Why are GNUtils faster than other implementations, if they're so badly coded?

Hes right.

is this what a thread is?

His "problem" is that he isn't a total fucking retard and wants to be recognized for his contributions. Every sane person with an ounce of dignity would do the same. Besides he IS right. Linux is just a kernel. Why do you get mad when someone points out the truth? It might be pedantic, but he's not wrong.