Project General

Morning lads. What are you working on?
Im making a Raytracer in C.
Pic related.

Attached: out.png (1920x1080, 452K)

i'm trying to figure out what language i wanna learn. still deciding between lisp, C++, and javascript.

Learn JavaScript. C++ and lisp are outdated and you can pretty much do everything in JavaScript now plus it's way easier and there isn't much performance loss. Only people who hate themselves would learn C++ or lisp.

As a first lang? C++

Why the fuck would you even consider List? Stop falling for dumb /gee/ memes.

Lean Javascript for web development or C++ for high-performance software. Also Javascript will take a fraction of the time of C++ to learn.

Is it a raytracer or bidirectional path tracer?

Isn't c++ good to learn to get you into the logic?

i wanna learn C++ for graphics stuff and it seems like a shitload of libraries exist for it. stuff like raytracing, path tracing, shader programming, dynamic tesselation, triangle culling, and then there's also modal analysis.

Ray tracer. Physically based. with real world lighting models and energy loss.

No C++ is completely illogical and stupid.

You can easily do graphics stuff like all of those in JavaScript without any performance loss. Well maybe 1ms or 2 but it's not noticeable.

ok what's a good way to get into graphics programming with javascript?

Stop lying dumb webdev.
C++ might not be the best language too start out with because of its complexity, but it's infinitely faster than js crapware. Doing graphics in js is just laughable.

Can Java Script faggots fuck off? Its a language made for wage slaving Indians. Absolutely unusable in any practical sense apart from generic and boring web-boilerplate.
I use both C and C++, you know why? Because they are good languages. They are both robust, fast and ergonomic to use. I use what is best for me to develop for.
Read books. Mine are pic related.

Attached: IMG_20190719_181945.png (380x675, 326K)

Holy Bible is for seq faults and buffer overflows :D

the lord giveth and he taketh, your memory allocation that is.

>do everything in JavaScript now plus it's way easier and there isn't much performance los
Are you high? How is Javascript around C++'s performance level? The fuck?

>Im making a Raytracer in C.
source? Are you using a guide?

I learned c++ as my first language back in high school. It was the only viable language for competitive programming due to performance. Looking back, it taught you a lot of stuff that are hidden under the hood in higher level languages. You can do everything in c++ for superior performance at cost of convenience and development speed

graphql api backend for webshit practice project

Attached: Screenshot-2019-07-21_15-47-45_1600x900.png (1600x900, 247K)

C++ obviously.
Lisp? Hahahaha

Attached: 0_YzCrl0GKmXwFPRsB.jpg (1600x570, 240K)

>holy bible
Mr. Terry?

Attached: c.png (1272x802, 88K)

C vs c++ as a first language?

Rust or Golang? I feel like I need to know one of these newer languages better

C++ is completely logical because of its low-levelness, if you do not understanding the logic behind using it, it is because you do not understand the logic of a computer.

I'm going through TempleOS source code, trying to make sense of it.
But it's poorly factored poorly documented collection of 1000 loc functions. No docs of the high-level design. Even isolating hash maps to not have a dependency on kernel is pain in the ass.

Starting with C is a classic because it is very possible you feel overwhelmed by all the features of modern C++. C is simple and raw.

you will never make sense of a code written by a prophet of god, faggot. it's literally god's code written through terry.

Don't listen to the javascript shill. When he says you can do graphics in javascript he means if you use a library written in c++ and you only write the game logic (non-heavy stuff). Javascript is horrible for performance and even chrome has switched from javascript to c++ for extensions code because javascript is too slow. If you make graphics from scratch using opengl/direct3d/vulkan then your program will be unusable if you make something fancy and use javascript. If it's your first language then you may learn javascript just to get to know programming but if you want to make graphics programs then you should use c, c++ or if you want a modern language then try rust.