Microsoft puts telemetry in security-only update

July security-only updates contain telemetry. If you want your Windows system to stay secure, you must now accept mandatory spying. A process called CompatTelRunner.exe has high CPU and disk I/O consumption and sends your data to Microsoft, including memory segments and key presses.

Why are you still using Windows? Just confine it into a IOMMU'd VM for games and that's it.

zdnet.com/article/microsoft-stirs-suspicions-by-adding-telemetry-files-to-security-only-update/
ghacks.net/2019/07/11/did-microsoft-just-drop-the-telemetry-bomb-on-windows-7-users-without-telling-anyone/

Attached: windows 10 nsa.png (500x500, 182K)

>win7 getting telemetry updates
wow op you're late. this shit has existed ever since 2015.

based schizoposter
yes everyone is watching you
yes you are being gangstalked
yes your life is literally the truman show

>CompatTelRunner.exe
takes

You're stupid. Yes, telemetry updates are old, but they were always separate and unrelated to security updates so you could choose not to install them. Since 2016, Microsoft has released a separate line of security-only updates which ONLY contained security fixes, and that's what most knowledgeable people have been using. But now they have inserted telemetry into a security-only update.

They have proven to be completely untrustworthy and now there's no opt-out from telemetry. They should get fined by the EU.

they were not separate from security updates. they even included in feature and driver updates. back in that year we constantly had "avoid kb______" lists.

No. Before the update process changed, they were individual updates you could choose not to install (such as KB2952664). Since 2016, there are two update routes: cumulative monthly patches that contain everything (security fixes but also telemetry and other garbage), and individual monthly security-only updates you can install from the Microsoft Update Catalog. These security-only updates have been clean until now.

(National) Security (Agency) Update

Wow Windows 7 getting telemetry updates? Truly breaking news, only came out the first time years ago but whatever you retards need to tell yourself so you can keep using Win7.

Holy shit Jow Forums is full of retards. Previously telemetry patches were optional, now they have included it into a security-only update for the first time. There is no escape from telemetry if you use Windows 7 now. This is a new development.

if you ever updated since 2011/2012 you are an idiot. My win7 is clean like a fresh install. Disable all the shit you won't need anyways and disable javascript and ads in your webbrowser and you are as safe as any updated machine. Not even wannacry can slip through if you disable all the useless features (smb, shared folders, etc). Fuck you.

dont update and stop using windows. install gentoo

okay, why bot use an os that respects you then?

Nothing to fear
Nothing to hide
Nothing to say?

My windows 7 station at home didnt see update since 2015. Honestly steam did great steps in integrating and implementing wine and vulkan and that inbetween directX to vulkannlayer.

Its only matter of time when new hardware will be released which doesnt support win7 and many users will migrate.

Parabola GNU/Linux-Libre OpenRC Edition doesn't have this problem.

>"avoid kb______" lists
Speaking of which, where can you find an up-to-date list? I'm about to install 7 but all the ones ive found are at least a year old.

What's wrong with having nothing to say. Where should I say anything it anyways?

If you have nothing to say then stop saying bullshit which normalizes anticustomer and unethical practices.

tell me more about IOMMU VM, i am interest

Windows on the desktop for the normie shit. Linux on the thinkpad for all the fun stuff.

How do I install Win10 into a VM (with Virtualbox) without me having to buy it?
Any pointers where to start?

>CompatTelRunner.exe
>not corrupting it
>not disabling all services associated with it
>not setting update channel to semi-annual
>not using LTSC in 2014+5
nah, not on my machine

Im on windows 8 currently with that anti botnet script thing. Is there any way whatsoever to have windows 10 thats not a complete botnet? As much as i like gnu linux its simply not fit to be a proper desktop os, its got too many quirks and anti user behaivours

Haha, you lost already

>leaving windows not updated
Either install the telemetry+security updates or stop using Windows, don't be an idiot and leave yourself vulnerable

Attached: 1430347951688.png (837x870, 264K)

Whatever you say, agent.

WSUS Offline update with security only updates enabled, it's a list done by the community that's self explanatory.

UMMM excuse me? I use Windows 10 ASMR which not only has no telemetry and also whispers sweet nothings in my ear while I am working (yes I have a job, unlike Lunix fags)

Attached: 1444146159978.jpg (1000x1107, 219K)