Previous thread:
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of Windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: veryniceandgay.png (864x1152, 792K)

Other urls found in this thread:

greasyfork.org/en/scripts/1682-google-hit-hider-by-domain-search-filter-block-sites
neosmart.net/wiki/fix-realtek-audio-delay-lag/
h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/3-seconds-delay-to-play-sounds-through-headphone/td-p/6631359/page/2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How does Linux hardware support work? Like let's say I want to buy the latest AMD GPUs, and I want to run Gentoo. However, the stable Gentoo kernel is 4.19, and the new AMD cards came out well after 5.0 and probably 5.1/5.2 (I don't keep track of this in-depth, but whatever, this is a scenario). So does that mean I couldn't use the new cards properly on that 4.19 kernel? I assume there needed to be some driver upgrades for them to work. Do I need to use a testing kernel to get my hardware to work, or do they backport crucial stuff like that to older kernels?

What is the ideal stupid question?

Very curious problem.

Have the PC hooked up the a UPS.

When the electricity fluctuates the UPS makes a clicking sound and the PC turns off and the UPS stays on. INTERESTINGLY, the PC won't POST (but will turn on) unless the UPS clicks again --- which is totally random, and it'll post immediately. THIS LAST PART IS WEIRD

I'm at the whim of random clickidy clicks from a UPS help

The UPS is itself connected to another UPS btw. Did this because if I use them to connect the PC individually the problem is more frequent. Both are larger in capacity than the PSU. They're shitty line-interactive UPS' tho.

??????????????????

Must be a simulated sine wave UPS. During normal operation it passes through wall voltage. When it switches to internal power there is a small delay which could be why the computer shuts off. It being a simulated sine wave could also explain it turning off and also explain why it stays off. It doesn't provide power that looks clean to your computer's PSU and so the latter shuts off to protect itself.

>The UPS is itself connected to another UPS btw. Did this because if I use them to connect the PC individually the problem is more frequent.
You shouldn't do that anyway. UPS should go straight to the grid.

ones that answer themselves

TeamSpeak or Discord?

Teamspeak.
It's hosted locally and doesn't need an account.

Neither. Mumble.
It can be hosted locally and whatnot just like teamspeak, and it's also Free Software.

I read recently that there are a shortage of software developers. Is this true? If so, why?

I'm an absolute brainlet. What exactly do those DNS servers (like Quad9) track? Do they just know you visit this website, or do they know the kind of shit you masturbate to as well?

I've downloaded too much music, mostly flac, and now soul seek won't even download a simple mp3 without it taking 6 hours and stalling and stopping, even the fucking cover art jpg takes three hours. Is there any way to fix this or am I seriously gonna have to start ripping my music from youtube like peasant?

my internet is so bad now youtube doesn't even load without buffering every two seconds and I have it set on the lowest possible video quality

You could just use deezloader

Pretty much any time you access an URL address it goes through them, unless you know the exact IP of a server to access it directly. Now the question is, do they keep logs and share it with someone? That's for you to find out. You're better off using Cloudflare imo because a lot more people will use it thus making you just another user among millions.

is the librem 13 a meme laptop?
I know it's price is high but
>hardware killswitches for wifi, bluetooth, webcam and mic
>coreboot by default
>intel ME disabled
>strong
>backlit keyboard
>IPS anti reflective screen
>decent battery life
>a few qubesOS devs use it so great compatibility with qubesOS

Attached: 1553415373892.jpg (570x380, 14K)

>deezloader
where do I get this? i'm on Deezloader . net and no matter what I click I can't get to a windows download

I have an AMD Phenom II x4 system running W10 (yea I'm a poorfag). Why is it that if I watch a video in my web browser, the CPU never dips below 90% and it stutters and shit but the same video played in VLC is perfectly fine and the CPU never goes above 30%?

Obviously not in the first place you can find, since it's a tool designed to download shit from a streaming platform similar to spotify. Just look up deezloader remix on notabug.

Cute boy!

Can i install linux on a partition without erasing all my data? I want something that run vidya, is Mint with Steam proton good?

[spoiler]Is there a way to run flash games on Linux?[/spoiler]

Attached: 1563720570811.jpg (667x593, 242K)

How do I post code snippets in a neat box here on Jow Forums?

>>>Jow Forumsrules/3

Many thanks

On a offline device, do I actually need the init script that turns networking services online? It's a small handheld device that runs Linux and has no networking whatsoever, but it still turns on the ifnet service.

You can run flash stuff on linux. Mint ain't all that great but still if you want to test shit, sure. Most easy to use distros have an option to install linux alongside windows which will shrink your current windows partition and put a swap and system partition in there.

I tried setting up Fedora dual boot for the first time and set the mount point for /boot/efi/ to be on the system partition for my Windows 10 efi.

I thought this was how you did it, but now my Windows 10 can't boot properly, says winload.efi is missing or corrupt. Do I have to do a clean install of Wni10 now, or is there a way to recover from this?

Thanks

[ c o d e ]
hacker stuff
[ / c o d e ]

Does anyone know a good search engine that doesn't have trash articles at all. Now a days when I try and look for something specific there is always some stupid filler articles that clog my general searches.

There isn't but companies are asking crazy requirements before they hire you and then complain that there aren't any software devs.

A DNS translates an IP to a domain name.
So a DNS host can keep a log of all the domain names you access from your IP.

Could be driver related.
What browser do you use ?
It could be that the browser you use doesn't use hardware acceleration for videos.

You could try windows repair

I think that's how most of them make money to keep existing.

Oh look, everyone's favorite pederast is back

Yea, I really hate web 2.0. Wasn't sure if there was a search engine that is tailored more towards comfort. Thanks your your response.

start.duckduckgo.com, disable safe search

>You could try windows repair
tried it, doesn't work.

I guess a clean install is the way to go then.

is there a way/program/script to automatically set my 'When I close the lid' settings to 'do nothing' temporarily whenever I have an external monitor plugged in via usb C and plugged in to its charger?
the default is 'sleep' and I want to keep it that way except when on power + external display (usb c)

i want to listen to my piano keyboard and computer at the same time, would a simple 2 female 1 male cable work while still keeping stereo audio?

checked.

It's already set to stop seeding, but there's still difference.

Any good android app for a samba client?

how do i into developing programs in linux that use graphics processing?

Appreciated! I'm also looking into this UserScript for anyone else that's interested though it'll be a constant cat and mouse game.
greasyfork.org/en/scripts/1682-google-hit-hider-by-domain-search-filter-block-sites

is factory overclock better or worse than overclocking yourself?
2600x is dearer than 2600 wonder if I could just buy the 2600 and overclock it myself

We know Discord is botnet but how much of a botnet is it? Does it record my screen? Scan for files? What does it do in secret?

Attached: iu.jpg (1920x1080, 84K)

would you recommend mx linux to your oshimen?

How do I force triple buffering in exclusive fullscreen games like path of exile? I have a 1060 and driver level triple buffering doesn't work.

How do i get snapchat friends to show a notification when they post to story?
People that i "subscribe" to give me instant notifications when they post.
Android system notifications are all turned on, and the friends in question have 'All Notifications" turned on in the "More" tab of settings.

Looking for advice and this seems to be the best thread to post in to not end up making a tech support thread.

After some years of being legal, I'm going to try to install a cracked Adobe CS6 master suit that I have from right before pirate bay turned to shit. The cloud version after a while became less shit, but can't afford it for financial reasons right now. Here's the problem: should I bother trying to get older cracked software to work on windows 10 or should I install a legal copy of Windows 7 on my blank ssd I have? Would it be a bitch to deal with old cracked software on Win10? Even more of a bitch then Win7 update stupidity?

Attached: 62929a7bfe62e2c0c0fa5a4852aeff90--hector-barbossa-orlando-bloom.jpg (236x262, 16K)

install gentoo.

Attached: 1563472254723.gif (480x270, 1.94M)

use corel stuff

depends on whether or not you make money using the software. commercial applications get a lot more scrutiny because there's actual money in it, adobe will typically look the other way when people pirate for purely hobbyist/noncommercial reasons because that gets them used to the UI and generally leads to sales or lawsuit settlement cash once a hobbyist goes pro

Already sold my soul to adobe

doesn't record your screen unless you're sharing it via discord but does save every message and voice conversation you've ever had, also scans file lists and what software you have installed

you should use cracked software inside a windows 7 vm

It's not for profit. I need to use it to help aid in making a portfolio to get hired for web design/front end coding. Non of the projects would get me cash, and if I did monetize them I'd switch to paying for CC subscription.

I was wondering that. How much power do need to VM it so its not slow?
>Lawsuit cash
You mean they sue me after I go pro even though I turned legal?

not a lot, assuming you have a pc that can play modern games on medium to high settings you could run a vm for photoshop etc pretty easily

Ok, do I have to deal with the same autisium of windows 7 updates with the vm route?

I don't know what you mean by autism of windows 7 updates, you can turn windows 7 updates off completely

From what I remember of having to reinstall windows 7 on my laptop over the last couple years, if you don't avoid or install packages in a specific way, your computer stays hung up for days trying to install updates only to cancel out; and no, I don't mean by trying to download and install all of them at once.

no you won't run into anything like that when installing it into a vm just install, boot it up then disable updates

Ok, the only thing is I do want networking capabilities since I'm making websites, would a VM with an non updated windows cause problems?

Use vm or sandbox

Someone wants to pay me through something called Zelle. what is it? how does it work? is it legit?

Just insist on paypal. It's the most secure way and you can send a bill.
I'd be suspicious if someone tries to dodge away from the most common payment methods.

I'm running openSUSE Tumbleweed on an HP Envy x360 15", and on certain hotel WiFi it feels like the laptop always has a tendency of picking the access point with the weakest signal. If not immediately then within minutes, where the signal strength goes from almost nonexistent to great and back again, if not outright disconnecting.

Is this a Linux thing? Linux + WiFi chip (I think it's Realtek). Some bad settings for throttling devices on the hotel network? Who's to blame?

Can someone recommend me a Shell for windows that will display .pngs, tiffs, etc?
I'm reinstalling and don't remember which one I'm using.

It's part of Bank of America, so I think it's at least a little bit legitimate.

Attached: 1_51_24 PM- 21-Jul-19 (001) - firefox.png (508x560, 26K)

Crazy requirements like what?

so it's basically paypal? which I am somewhat familiar with.

no

also what adobe software are you using to make websites, I'm not primarily a webdev but when I've made websites for people in the past I've just used atom

10+ years experience in a multitude of programming languages for a junior position with minimum wage pay.

Help

>windows 10
>saves for half of my games just disappeared
>always ran as admin

What the hell is going on here? Thought maybe because they're on the second drive and maybe some fuckery happened but no, other games on it are fine. Seems random. I am so confused.

Please respond.

I know DW gets shat on a lot(sometimes rightfully so) but I found it to be a comfy IDE. Though that was the CC version which had some nice features.

I'm looking to overclock my RAM. Is there a guide out there that's friendly for brainlets? There's not much I can squeeze out of my computer right now so I'm looking to tinker with the RAM instead

Attached: RAM.jpg (623x883, 157K)

Games are usually stored in documets/my games/

My computer is having a massive issue playing Final Fantasy XIV that makes it shut off entirely after about 15-30 mins of play, and afterwards it comes back up saying it was a HyperTransport Sync Flood Error. Upgrading is not really an option right now. The game itself runs at 60FPS, but I guess it eventually stresses my computer out to the point of shutting off. No idea what I'm talking about, but can I underclock my processor a bit or something to help alleviate this? Any suggestions? I just want to be able to enjoy my month of subscription time in peace.

Check pcgamingwiki to see where the saves should be.

What 2242 ssd should I get for the wwan slot of my t470 ? I still not sure how big, 250 would be enough, would like to be future proof with a 500 one. thanks

install gentoo

What happens if my laptop goes into sleep mode while Grsync is running? Does it resume afterwards?

>I read recently that there are a shortage of software developers. Is this true? If so, why?

There is a severe shortage of software developers / programmers for FOSS (i.e., software that actually matters and benefits humanity but pays little or nothing), but no shortage in the corporate world.

When a capitalist or for-profit news medium weeps, wails and bemoans that there is a supposed shortage of software developers / IT workers, what that really translates from corporate speak to English is "Dear politicians of this state whom we've bribed via campaign contributions, please loosen the work visa laws (ex. H-1B1 in USA) so we can cut our labor costs by hiring skilled foreign workers who are willing to work for less than these dastardly local workers, or else."

Attached: bosses-of-the-senate.jpg (1200x720, 274K)

Why is Windows reserving so much memory and how do I get it to stop it

Attached: dear g.png (933x207, 11K)

You don't want to have empty RAM, so it fills it with stuff you might need it for.
If something actually needs that RAM it gets freed anyway.

Are you sure your motherboard can handle it all?
I had a problem where mine only addressed 4gb despite being 64bit.

Could also be GPU. Integrated GPUs use the regular RAM.
Your drivers might be able to limit this.

so i want to use an old office desktop as nas, anyway to put like 4 3,5" HDDs in there?

Just connect them?
Or what's the problem? Do you not have enough SATA connectors? Or is the space a problem?

Check your thermals, see if it's thermal throttling, check your voltages (did you overclock/underclock?), check memory for errors and so on.

I wanna fuck that little angel boy in his tight leash title anus...

Attached: A7C1D590-6846-4A21-9165-D13BA1B42D4A.gif (480x270, 317K)

the problem is space, not sata connectors. i don't really have any space to securly put them.

Got a new Thinkpad. Youtube videos had a one-second audio lag after the video started. I updated Adobe Flash and then updated my realtek audio driver to Microsoft's High Definition Audio driver. After disabling audio enhancements, the lag is gone, but if I pause a Youtube video for a short amount of time the audio will lag again when I unpause the video.

What kind of mental retardation do I have, and how do I fix this audio lag?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 46K)

>Someone
You can just say it's Luke Smith.

I have this problem too, there is a 3s delay any time a sound needs to be played, this includes windows sounds, youtube, video games etc. Really annoying. The generic Microsoft drivers do seem to fix it but at the same time they break my microphone, so I just let it sit for now. Up to you:

neosmart.net/wiki/fix-realtek-audio-delay-lag/

Can you save an entire row of bookmarks in notepad++ and switch between them at will? With or without plugins

There's also this I found but still no success:
h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/3-seconds-delay-to-play-sounds-through-headphone/td-p/6631359/page/2

What case is it? What can be removed from it?
You could make some space if you remove cd or floppy drive.
There's some 3D printable HDD cages that might fit too.