YET ANOTHER CRITICAL EXPLOIT FOUND IN VLC! STILL NOT FIXED! YOU ARE VULNERABLE!

>A German cybersecurity agency, CERT-Bund, which is responsible for organising the country's response to any computer emergencies, has recently discovered what it describes as a critical flaw in the popular VLC Media Player.

>VLC is known to be a highly compatible media player, and thus boasts an impressive total downloads of over 3 billion, making this vulnerability all the more dangerous. CERT-Bund classified the vulnerability, officially logged as CVE-2019-13615, to be a "High" (Level 4) exploit, which is the second-highest risk assessment level by the agency.

>The exploit is rather nasty and allows attackers to not only execute code remotely but also allows for unauthorised disclosure of information, unauthorised modification of files and disruption of service.

>VLC is currently in the process of creating a fix, which can be seen on its website here. However, the ticket shows work on the fix is only 60% complete and there's no ETA on when it might be complete. CERT-Bund says there are no known cases where the exploit has actually been used by attackers, but it might be a good idea to steer clear of VLC for the time being, until the exploit is officially patched. We've reached out to Videolan for more information about the matter, and for an estimate of when a fix might become available.

neowin.net/news/german-cybersecurity-agency-identifies-critical-flaw-in-vlc-media-player

Attached: cone_altglass.png (500x500, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/22474
github.com/stax76/mpv.net/releases/tag/4.7.7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What kind of retard even uses this program in the current year?

>Opened 4 weeks ago
Why are the VLC devs lazy as fuck?

Normies, but fuck them.
Mpchc master race.

Oops

>mpv
Autism detected.

>.net
cringe

mpv is fantastic.

CERT-Bund sind die größten vollhonks die es gibt. Die pissen sich wegen jeder scheisse ein. Boo-fucking-hoo "Port xyz ist offen". Kackt euch nicht ein ihr vollidioten, haltet einfach das Maul, es interessiert niemanden. Wer nicht auf sein Heimnetz aufpassen kann hat halt einfach Pech.

>writes sentence praising MPV like an autistic inner city kid
Thank you for using your words, Jamal. :^)

>the mpv.net shill is still around
this is what killed mpv threads for me, and many others. I hope you choke on your own shit that gets stuck in your throat while you die, you useless fucking shill faggot nigger

Probably the same type of retard who asks this question about a media player that's been downloaded over three billion times.

>when you pretend your language is as important as English (it's not)

Downloaded by indians, maybe. Want to tell us something, brown eyes?

it is not. you are right.

>Windows only
Literally who cares?

Everyone who has had sex.

The only reason a lot of these vulns in VLC are being presented these days is because the EU set up a bug bounty program for VLC.
I'm pretty sure that other alternatives without such programs have many underlying vulns as well.

>gamers and pajeets
>having sex

Attached: 1561622213050.gif (500x491, 376K)

>reeing at a shill for shilling in your media player autismconfig threads
>"STOP SHILLING IN MY COMFY SHILLTHREADS!!!!"

>mpv on gentoo linux
>mpv on lineage os

Attached: 1556186150162.jpg (334x506, 42K)

Slow news day on Jow Forums? Why aren't you shilling that retarded Firefox extension or making racebait threads about pajeets taking your imaginary jobs?

Yep because normie-Chad uses linux

In Europe, yes. But Americans use iOS.

Europe isn't real.

xD

Stop LARPing

Never been to Jow Forums, brown eyes. Try again.

>install as flatpak
>unshare network

problem solved

have sex

Grow up and communicate without memes. It's not 2008 anymore. Memes are over.

based

It’s not windows only, it’s all platforms, it’s been confirmed on Linux.
trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/22474

Then stop immigrating to it you nigger. Back to >>/n/igeria/

loonixplebs pwned

Attached: vlc.webm (1280x720, 997K)

unironically have sex

So watch out for rogue mkv files.

>so don't use vlc
ftfy

You just don't get it do you Microsoft?

> I don't care

Attached: 45251425.jpg (400x384, 52K)

mpv.net latest release is here.

github.com/stax76/mpv.net/releases/tag/4.7.7

Attached: mpvnet.png (256x256, 7K)

I'll take a bet this gets fixed until the end of the week like most 0-day exploits on any given distro.