2021 Rocket Lake (skylake? / sunny cove backport?) 14nm+++? *10 cores
2022 Alder Lake? (golden cove)? 10nm++?
2023 Meteor Lake? (ocean cove)? 7nm

Server
-------
2019 Cascade Lake (skylake) 14nm++
2020 Cooper Lake (skylake) 14nm+++
2020 Icelake (sunny cove) 10nm+
2021 Sapphire Rapids (willow cove) 10nm+?
2022 Granite Rapids (golden cove) 7nm?

AMD arch
-----
2019 Zen2 7nm
2020 Zen3 7nm+/6nm
2021 Zen4 5nm
2022 Zen5 5nm+/4nm
2023 Zen6? 3nm?

Comet lake rumors aren't certain might be very late 2019 or early 2020. Chances of Rocket lake being a sunny cove backport is slim because of FIVR, if that's the case Intel is stuck on Skylake on desktop until 2022.

Keller's new nextgen arch should be ocean cove around 2023 on desktop 7nm which can be competing with Zen6 on 3nm

Attached: JimkellerIDC9.png (540x393, 440K)

Other urls found in this thread:

semiaccurate.com/2019/06/25/intel-guts-cooper-lake-as-well/
twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1kvJpOepkDdGE
youtube.com/watch?v=we2oePtTGMM
techradar.com/news/intel-admits-it-wont-catch-up-with-amds-7nm-chips-until-2021
nanohub.org/resources/18348/download/NikonovBeyondCMOS_1_scaling.pdf#page=27
youtube.com/watch?v=3XkDnmYTyPo
tsmc.com/english/dedicatedFoundry/technology/5nm.htm
anandtech.com/show/13445/tsmc-first-7nm-euv-chips-taped-out-5nm-risk-in-q2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Intel's roadmap is a series of paper launches and rebrands. Don't bother as long as they keep calling their architecture "core", it's going to be the same shit.

>sunny cope
>willow cope
>GOLDEN COPE
>ocean cope

>shitlake
>shitlake (sunny cope backport)
>shitlake (golden cope)
>shitlake (ocean cope)

>cascade shit
>cooper shit
>more shitlake
>sapphire shit (willow cope)
>granite shit (golden cope)

Attached: 1563717784788.jpg (960x928, 66K)

>Desktop
>-------
>2020 Comet Lake (skylake) 14nm+++ *10cores
>2021 Rocket Lake (skylake? / sunny cove backport?) 14nm+++? *10 cores
>2022 Alder Lake? (golden cove)? 10nm++?
>2023 Meteor Lake? (ocean cove)? 7nm
The fuck, where's my sekrit sauce architecture?

There won't be any good availability of a desktop 10 core this year even if they rush it, they have very recently started sampling it

Rocket lake is 12 cores skylake with a improved chipset.
And that's the limit of the ring bus.

Anything after that they'll have to move to 2D Mesh, but that also means losing the intra-core latency advantage they had over AMD

Rocket lake was listed as 10cores in leaked Dell slide

Then better pray that's a mistake because it's not a backport, even the dumb French nigger says they didn't have plans (or time now) to do backports.

They are already pushing the thermal envelope with 8c, they can probably get away with 10core with the next +++ but I have doubts if they can do a 12core with high clocks in a "sane" TDP

As if Intel cares about TDP, shit will be 95-105W TDP at 2.0GHz base clocks and 5.4 Turbo.

Because durr, TDP is calculated at base clock (for Intel at least)

they're going to be fuck expensive too

kek

>2020 Cooper Lake (skylake) 14nm+++
>2020 Icelake (sunny cove) 10nm+
That doesn't seem right.

From the 2019 investor meeting. I pity the souls that are buying into cooper lake-sp

Attached: 2019-investor-meeting.png (2060x1159, 1.43M)

Cope lake is three die (2 compute + pcie4 IO) monstrosity Intel came with in a month, needless to say it's about as a failure as their other AP line.
Icy Cope tops out at 26 cores, the only thing it has over Cascade is Pcie4 and 8 memory channels

semiaccurate.com/2019/06/25/intel-guts-cooper-lake-as-well/

Intel's roadmap will take a detour down along the line when some small branch comes up with something better than core and/or they buy some company that does something better than core.

They should at least use skylake server cores with AVX512 in mainstream desktop. It's beyond stupid that 2-4 core chromebooks and NUCs are getting this now with icelake but desktop is seemingly neglected.

I wouldn't give a single fuck about desktop if I were Intel tbqh

nobody really gives a fuck about intel.
even when bulldozer came out and couldn't compete in regular workloads with intel, companies like cray who built gpgpu behemoths, bought massive amounts of bulldozer opterons and used them due to their massive I/O capabilities.
Intel's only market right now, is the laptop market, where amd hasn't released anything that competes against intel, as in the desktop segment.

There's a chance that they wanted it this year. The 8700k and 9900k chips released months before most of their generations. Reason I don't think the 10900k is coming this year is because of the 9900kys hasn't released yet. It's a stop gap for the delayed 10cores.

I think the leak said rocket lake was a chiplet, so it's a 10 core chiplet with igpu chiplet on 10nm potentially. For marketing they've missed the chance for 10th gen 10core 10nm.

>Intel's only market right now, is the laptop market
A market they're losing to ARM.

Intels roadmap is perfectly simple to understand

Attached: intcel roadmap.gif (320x238, 3.67M)

Did Keller really go back to Intel after giving AMD Zen?

Attached: 1538694283034.jpg (495x362, 29K)

This board is so much better when you filter the word cope.

This is his first stint at Intel.

Attached: chief goys visiting.png (1542x1134, 1.84M)

c0pe

Thanks, added.

Yes but intel made him work on ultra energy efficient low power chips that are closer to a raspberry pi than a cheomebook cpu then moved him for some gpu shit interconnect instead of using him for their desktop/server high end architectures.
Intel pen pusher CEO and high ranking managers are brilliant.

Intel really is not that diverse of a company. Sad.

>2022 Meteor lake? (ocean cove)? 7nm

Attached: crrreee.jpg (800x600, 151K)

Why did Intel become obsessed with lakes and coves?

Attached: Untitled.png (205x1445, 56K)

keller wasn't even responsible for most of zen's design. he helped out on the soc business iirc

tech companies like to codename stuff after places in the real world.

there were only supposed to be a handful of lakes, then intel became so delayed they started making them up. its all the same arch just slightly tweaked.

thats why sunny cove isn't a -lake cpu as its a new arch.

amd are currently using city names for their server chips. rome, milan etc.

Some jew over at Intel probably has a lake/cove fetish. These people are from the middle east so water is pretty rare for them and a lake is probably seen as a gift from god himself.

CQPE

He designed Infinity fabric and oversaw general management like performance targets, interconnects and integration is his specialty

They probably don't know themselves. If they indeed have a new architecture they should at least change the fucking naming scheme. They're going full retard now.

They should name their next architecture after supernovas.

thanks based user

>thats why sunny cove isn't a -lake cpu as its a new arch.

>2019 Ice lake (sunny cove) 10nm+

Or black holes.

what makes him so special? Why are companies constantly poaching him? Aren't there thousands like him? Or is he just Chip Rain Man?

intel should just rename their 10nm to 7nm, problem solved

Why can't companies just do a simple naming scheme like AMD 2019, Intel 2020. These fucks only release updated archs once a year at best.

I wish Itanium didn't fail. Here's to hoping RISC succeeds.

because normies would see a laptop at a store and go
>oh, this has an Intel 2018, I probably shouldn't buy it

tech has to be cryptically named so that the old stock can still be sold to retards

>Keller “was involved in the early days of Zen, we worked together on the arch and he made me lead architect for it because he was running the whole [processor design] group,” said Clark. “The engineering team loved him because he’s an engineer at heart and you felt you had a champion,” he said.
Is what Mike Clark said about him. He is a veteran engineer that keeps delivering but he wasn't really a rockstar before his Apple stint. Intel engineers traditionally weren't usually welcoming to outsiders but he and Raja crashed in as VPs so we will see how it goes.

Naming schemes aren't about being consistent they're about marketing and perception.

AMD changed Navi from 6xx series to 57xx to try to move the perception of Navi away from being just another GCN. It was also to create the perception that these are high end cards, not mid range. 5700 sounds large, therefore consumers have a better impression of the performance when they hear it.

Similarly, AMD named their cpus in a similar manner to Intels so they would be compared in the mind of consumers in that way. I.E. 3700x equivalent to 9700k, r7 equivalent to i7 etc.

Xbox One was supposed to "the One" console you needed, that did everything you could need it to do. Of course, it backfired and Xbone got memed all over the place.

RTX is another one, it was an attempt to differentiate the cards from GTX by NVidia, that it was the next evolution of gaming. It also meant that if the cards flopped the RTX brand could be dropped and GTX wouldn't be harmed for it.

This all sounds retarded but companies spent millions on the perception of their products and their brand in order to get you to continue buying shit you don't need. If it didn't work they wouldn't do it.

they should both go back to Pentium and Athlon.

IT'S THEIR DESTINY.

If you name your arch after a place you also don't need to worry about trademarks since place names can't be trademarked

they sure seem to care about desktop gaymers

twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1kvJpOepkDdGE

CSGO is full of hackers it's not even funny. Even some of the pros have been caught.

ilmao

>esports

Attached: 13b.gif (931x682, 426K)

Large scale nuclear accidents?

>inb4 we get 686/786 and K13 with VRNow!™ technology

Itanic was the reason DEC, HP and SGI cancelled their RISC processors. Hopefully RISC-V will fill in the custom built processor niche

> not violently exploding to represent the thermal output of their current CPUs

One job, user, one job.

>new cpu "cove" uarch in 2022
jesus fuck amd won

I can play quake at 60 fps then

Intel's new roadmap revealed youtube.com/watch?v=we2oePtTGMM

based

make fun of them , they make shitton of money by playing vydias. i wish i was a zoomer esport player

I don't like the new architecture naming.

I like it when it was stuff like Lynnfield, Haswell, Prescott, etc.

I'm looking forward to what Jim Keller does for upcoming Intel chips.
Sunny Cove claims a 18% ipc gain and Keller said the new 10nm won't have clock regression from 14nm++
But it'll take a while for Jim to un-Fuck Intel's mistakes.

Attached: 1554232721811.jpg (223x349, 36K)

Intelbros... we got too cocky...
techradar.com/news/intel-admits-it-wont-catch-up-with-amds-7nm-chips-until-2021

>2021 comes
>Still 14nm+++++++
>We will catch up with AMD 5nm by 2025

When are we hitting the quantum limit for processors ? 3nm? 2?

nanohub.org/resources/18348/download/NikonovBeyondCMOS_1_scaling.pdf#page=27

AMDrones are laughing at Intel right now but will be weeping once that guy orchestrates the next Cyrix.

Attached: Raja-Koduri-and-Jim-Keller.jpg (2048x1068, 376K)

Sars, pls do the needful and delid this.

Intel has 2.4x scaling from 10nm to 7nm (~241.8 MTr/mm^2), TSMC 5nm which AMD will be on in 2021 has 1.8x scaling from TSMC "7nm" (~182.4 MTr/mm^2). AMD's "7nm" is a marketing term.

>he wasn't really a rockstar before his Apple stint
I don't know user... Keller is responsible for some of the best Alpha CPUs, a good bit of the AMD64 arch, and the AMD K8 microarch.
He was already a rockstar when Jobs invited him to join Apple. In fact that's likely why he was invited, because Jobs wanted all the A players he could get his hands on.

The absolute state

Attached: 1503848584264.jpg (1000x1000, 253K)

Yeaah but the thing is the 14/10/7/5/3nm are just marketing names and there's no actual features so small in there.
So even when we're down to "3"nm we'll still have some way to go down.

>tHey arE JuSt mArKeTiNg nAmEs aNd ThErE's No aCtUaK FeAtUrEs sO sMaLl iN tHeRe

Attached: IMG_0573.jpg (355x331, 36K)

Remove turkey too.

The only interesting part that intel has to offer in the near future is Tremont. If they can keep it passively cooled it's gonna make great low end homeservers, NAS, set top boxes etc.

C2D wasn't in any planned slide

Conroe was just thought of as another P4 and look what happened

If Intel's GPU launch is successful they will move desktops to Samsung to shit on AMD and TSMC

So is cooper still 14nm?
Why even release it if ice lake is going to come out at the same time?

Because diversity?

Here's intel's roadmap plan and my face reacting to it.

Attached: boring.gif (400x197, 1.86M)

youtube.com/watch?v=3XkDnmYTyPo

Coper lake will have more cores if you have a nuclear reactor to power it.

First 5nm plant is 2023 clueless fuck

New uarch ain't out till 2025 or later

It's much more laughable that AMD still can't uniformly beat factory overclocked 5 year old skylake

WTF are you talking about? They will start 5nm risk production this year and mass rollout next year.

tsmc.com/english/dedicatedFoundry/technology/5nm.htm
anandtech.com/show/13445/tsmc-first-7nm-euv-chips-taped-out-5nm-risk-in-q2

Who are they rolling out 5nm to?

Phones probably

Apple

Thanks for answering Jow Forumsbros, may Allah grant you a blessed day.

Wait

What is the guy from God's Not Dead doing at Intel?

>only israel stays

Attached: bhop_USA.webm (640x486, 2.94M)

There is this bear pride faggot boomer near where I live in San Fran that looks just like Keller but fatter.
I need to leave this place.

>Chances of Rocket lake being a sunny cove backport is slim because of FIVR
I don't really see why the microarchitecture would need to be bound to a certain method of power delivery. I find it more likely that the reason Sunny Cove won't be backported to 14 nm is simply because the increased OoO machinery won't run efficiently on larger transistors. I'm pretty sure the reason increases in these structures are historically bound to node shrink is simply because the increases represent the power-optimal size for that node.