Why won't the world upgrade to central air conditioning?

Mini splits are just a stop gag solution

Attached: 1553172955961.jpg (1200x800, 487K)

elaborate?

huh i was actually observing the mini split system without reading your post first
i think theyre a bit more efficient

why?

Split is cheaper.

>building built with no central in early 80s
>install central

Attached: reimu what.jpg (474x237, 19K)

The way Central ac is done is so cheap and crappy.no thought of thermodynamics or efficiency

Something tells me they needed a bit more than AC to cool that down.

like an overhead evaporative cooling system?

No duct work losses. The refrigerant is extremely energy dense compared to air, so the pipe can be much smaller than an air duct. That makes it naturally lose less energy per distance traveled, but also makes it far cheaper to produce than well-sealed air ducts, and makes if possible to really insulate the shit out of it. Then you don't get the huge losses of pushing tons of air pressure to overcome friction in the duct, plus all the dust and shit that builds in ductwork.
Minisplits are far more efficient in just about every way. They're a little more expensive though, since you need an active register in each open living space instead of being able to terminate with plain vents.

That doesn't work on gasoline fires.

but if the ducts are inside the building envelope the losses doesn't matter

Enjoy terrorists dropping poison inside the central ac and killing the entire building.

This implies you only care about average temperature across the building interior. With a minisplit you can choose to cool only the areas you're using, not everywhere. And if that's an apartment building, using many minisplits allows each unit to have independent controls.

Not to mention that if somebody in one unit produces a shitty smell or toxic gas, everyone gets it.

Ductwork is almost always run through poorly insulated "utility" areas. And you're absolutely not getting around needing a half horsepower motor to push a significant amount of air through a couple hundred feet of ductwork.

Fucking 28 degrees celcius in my small 1 room apartment in finland right now and honestly I just want to die.

is that Hayao Miyazaki in the circle?

28c isn't even bad as long as the humidity isn't higher than ~70%. Fans work fine.

why do nips(in anime at least) care so much about trying to use a little AC as possible?

too soon user.

it's expensive

>rebuild entire internal structure of building to make way for vents and multi-ton unit
>some fan bois on the outside

The gasoline fire was only on the first floor, the upper two floors burned paper and wood.

>shut down your NPPs due to extreme political pressure
>electricity prices rise 3 fold
i wonder why they wouldn't want to

All the heat they take out of their homes makes everyone else hotter.

Yeah, let's rebuild fucking everything so a few anti-AC faggots can feel less suicidal for 6 minutes.

> Terrorist attacks and catastrophes literally all round the world
> Nothing
> Animation studio gets torched for making shit anime
>WHITU PIGU U MUST DONATE OL I WIL TAKE DOWN Jow Forums DO IT FOL GLOLIOUS NIPON FILTHY WHITU PIGU
I miss cuck a duck AKA luggage lad so much bros

Attached: 1523502876647.jpg (245x234, 7K)

Too expansive to install and to run.
You are basically running the air conditioner everywhere, even in rooms that no one is using. Which is wasteful an inefficient.

>You are basically running the air conditioner everywhere, even in rooms that no one is using. Which is wasteful an inefficient.
You have zero to none actual knowledge on how central ventilation works.

>WHITU PIGU U MUST DONATE
what?
they jumped on donating instantly by themselves.
fucking retard.

You have zero to none actual knowledge on how central ventilation works.
Fuck off.

temperature differential between rooms will lead to structural damage in a house user

Check the top of the website you're posting on idiot

>structural damage
Not if your house is made of concrete, burger.

Retrofitting is expensive and invasive. Not everyone is tolerant of bulkheads.

Works fine until humidity starts kicking your ass.
COASTAL BROS WHERE WE @

Attached: 1470772294767.jpg (601x508, 31K)

right here

Attached: aaaa.png (498x482, 31K)

you should build a cooling pipeline to the north

Have you tried moving out of the desert?

>Have you tried moving out of the desert?

Attached: 1563752879731.png (540x405, 44K)

>30 celsius is hot
lol
also stop using nigger measure units faggot

>Fucking 28 degrees celcius in my small 1 room apartment in finland right now and honestly I just want to die.
it's 33C in my room right now and I don't reckon that's hot enough to bother with turning the AC on. Shit, I haven't even opened the window in here, since it's evening and faces west and I don't want the sun in my eyes.

why do so many people like it freezing cold all the time? I went over to my mom's house the other day and she keeps the AC at 68F, which is what, about 20C? I was legitimately too chilly.

Is this that Kyoto anime fire? Why is that guy circled?

imagine being on fire in japan and the scrawny, retiree-aged fire man comes to rescue you but he can't get his way through the wall

Hello fellow corpus Christi fag, it's 103 in midland right now you bitch.