What am I in for?

What am I in for?

Attached: Windows 1903.png (768x480, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

windowscentral.com/how-fix-vertical-stripes-color-issue-affecting-displays-windows-10-may-2019-update
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Windows 10 in the newest version. Honestly the only thing that changed is that the search function now works

Chromium based edge is pretty ok. New cmd is coming out soon with way more features

It asked me to activate windows again.

KMS VL ALL

wear shades in first boot if you appreciate your eyes

botnet & spyware ridden with malware

crash after crash

Dunno, new themes, tweaked activity menu, that's about all I've gathered so far

Attached: img_5b2d7480d69d2.png (650x300, 15K)

0 essential freedoms.

ascendance

I'm still rocking LTSB 2016 from an October 2018 build.
no ragrets

How did Search change? I was planning on staying on the previous feature update indefinitely, because every change they made in the new one seems terrible.

It doesn't just give you Bing results instead of files on your computer now?

you have to deinstall all store apps again

Probably nothing bad if it installs without problems.

I had that when I blocked the telemetry on 10 home.

just get LTSC, less hassle.

Any user know how to revert that? Windows 8.1 was nice that the search actually searched your computer. wtf were they thinking?

Disappointment

Windows is proprietary malware. Install a GNU/Linux distribution or another OS that respects your freedoms.

spying, lots of it too.

All your settings will be reset, and you shit deleted if it's conisdered (((Malware))) by your overseer.

A performance decrease for sure I guess.

Attached: so long gay bowser.jpg (630x630, 71K)

if you are not on a ssd, you'll get forever loads when booting.

with disabling most settings in wpd its fine for a gayming machine honestly
linux for windows or whatever it was is neat, saved me a little time
so far everything has just worked, feels nice to not have things crash constantly coming from nonupdated windows 7

Attached: windows_software_infographic.png (1920x8181, 1.65M)

>What am I in for?
Alot of headaches

>spying, lots of it too.
He didn't ask for the definition of Windows

>chromium
No thanks, already using one botnet on Win10 based computers

Speaking from the perspective of a software dev, are there any featuers that are worth HWID'ing for Win10 Pro.

Windows 10
Version 1903

Color banding.
>We highly recommend not using a PC installed with Microsoft Windows 10 (1903) for the time being, especially for diagnostic imaging or graphics editing which requires tone accuracy.

Blue screens

1903 works just fine on my desktop
On my laptop, its all good except the night shift function is broken. Id probably blame AMD for that though more than windows. Driver from laptop manufactuer it works but not correctly(some areas change and others dont). Updating to driver straight from AMD, it breaks nightshift entirely and doesnt even turn on. So I blame AMD.

Desktop is Nvidia and works just fine.

nice guide user

Attached: awesome face.png (2880x2880, 306K)

P

I

N

G

U

m00t m00t

Attached: p01h2qvw.jpg (640x360, 23K)

S

Attached: yourfacelookslikeadick.png (473x356, 145K)

VIDYA

Attached: vidya gaem.jpg (600x600, 123K)

New CMD is fucking needed.
The old one is absolutely retarded. The windows header is impossible to work with.

>tfw two days after doing this the overlay came back
no updates or anything

I put 1903 on my new SSD, moving from LTSC. Since I got a less bloated version of 1903 from 1337x, it isn't too bad.

windowscentral.com/how-fix-vertical-stripes-color-issue-affecting-displays-windows-10-may-2019-update

My windows is legit because I got a windows 7 key from the college I studied.
But I'm afraid that for some bug, they think my key is invalid and I have no way to prove I own that.

not all programs is in "add remove" section
open power shell as admin
Get-AppxPackage | Select Name, PackageFullName
Remove-AppxPackage icrosoft.YourPhone_1.19062.451.0_x64__XXXXXX, xxxx = number
etc

Microsoft Sandbox is great tool.
somehow you have to enable it separately, while spyware Cortana and MS Edge come preinstalled.

Is it true that 1903 (or was it 1905?) Has some optimizations for Ryzen CPUs in gaming? I saw some articles talking about a ~15% increase in FPS.

My brother downloaded 1903. A few days later they found him dead in a hotel room with three marijuana needles hanging out of his arm.

They fucked up tls 1.2. It's still a meme.

A working scheduler for ryzen cpus

does this make much of a difference?

I sure hope the malware doesn't stop the spyware from running.

A broken mess

Bugs, Poocode, and glownigs fucking you up the ass.

it has improvements to Windows' scheduler which in turn improved Ryzen somewhat

the scheduler still has huge issues with Ryzen's SMT, though. Windows' scheduler is just still plain bad

The same old, reliable, fast, simple-yet-powerful, versatile, fast, awesome OS.

Bloat and spyware.
Also everthing is going to run slower because planned obsolescence.

Use optimize-offline with 1903 (if for some reason you need 1903 instead of LTSC), remove defender and edge and just disable what you might not want, there we go

Need a creation date or its worthless.

no it's bullshit. i updated from ancient v1607 and saw zero improvements with my ryzen 2600. it's all amdrones shilling.

Cringe

Attached: fnj4m2zkt7s11.jpg (960x720, 74K)

I was reading that this update is quite shitty for audio and production because it makes latency worse, is it true?
I'm on the latest ltsc so it's not a problem for me but I was curious anyway

They removed Cortana from the search engine, but it broke it for some time and apparently it seems fixed

here's what broken for me on 1903:
-snapping 2 windows side by side, windows will not align sometimes
-waking up from sleep randomly, sometimes 5 seconds after pressing the sleep button
-brightness of laptop not adjusting when plugging the power and running on battery
-sandbox, which is pretty much the whole reason to update but MS disabled it
-laptop screen goes blank when closing the lid and open again

i'm back to 1809 now

I installed 1903 after playing with LTSC for a while

Literally nothing of worth here, turns out the PC pass thing doesn't have any games worth a shit and the light theme is just that, a light theme. Not that amazing. I don't see much of a difference.

So does LTSC simply not get *any* updates? You download it, install it, and then after that you're stuck with whatever the version you downloaded included?
Does that become a problem if you decided to upgrade hardware? What about security updates? Is there anything you really miss out on with it over the normal versions?
I'm getting a new PC soon, have never used W10

LTSC gets bugfix and security updates. What it doesn't get is new features. It's like using an 1809 that doesn't prompt you to update to 1903 or anything after that basically. Which can be better, since you're getting something more stable rather than beta testing new features that might break. However there's stuff that won't work on anything but 1903. What you're missing out is an scheduler update for ryzen models (recent ones supposedly get better performance), Windows sandbox (which is honestly not that amazing, just really easy to set up), access to the Xbox beta app, the light theme and some minor additions (really stupid stuff like changing the time server from the same page where you can change your timezone instead of doing it the traditional way). You'll also miss out on any new features that come from now on until 2021 but god fucking knows what those are.

Oh also, forgot to mention. LTSC does not include the Edge browser (so you're going to have to use internet explorer to download your browser of choice like everyone used to), Cortana or the Microsoft Store. They can be added back in any case, so you're not really missing out on much if you don't want to. If you never used W10 you're literally not missing out on anything.

In that case, I'll just go with the normal (Pro) version for now, and try to debloat shit myself as best I can. Maybe later on when I reformat or something I'll try LTSC instead
New PC will have Ryzen 3000

You can always do debloating on an ISO of Windows 1903, remove some of the applications that LTSC removes and you still have something better than default. And without breaking. Really there's not that much difference.

>so you're going to have to use internet explorer to download your browser of choice like everyone used to
not necessary, you can put the installer of your browser of choice in a usb before formatting or ask a friend to do that worst case scenario

>Visit Jow Forums
>Dont know the most basic shit about the most brainfuckingdead OS in existance

Attached: Annotation 2019-07-22 120407.png (264x101, 3K)

meh, you people over judge windows 10, it's just faster windows 7 and software [not all] appear to be more stable on it, on windows 7 it hangs up or crashes

it have more free soft than linux anyway

Attached: serveimage.png (2560x1336, 110K)

i was wondering about that whole fixing amd scheduling on 12+ cores, is there any benchs for this build?

Do i have to disable the telemetry again ?

A giant pile of shit that will only boot up half the time, like everything Windows have come out with since 2009.