Do you think your eyes degraded because of your excessive screen time?

Attached: 1283287946295.jpg (300x300, 30K)

Yes I became short sighted becase of it

Nice use of topic, Reddit friend.

Your assumption or is there proof that it was caused by computer usage?
>being that much of a newfag that you don't know that this meme came from Jow Forums
Out.

scrolling hurts my brain

Attached: 1563697509497.png (657x600, 84K)

At 20 my vision has stabilised (at -3.75 in each eye), which is completely tolerable, but lasik is always an option were it to get worse.

I don't think the screen time has helped, but I have been on my PC a lot more the last few years, and my vision has been stable during that time, so I don't think its much of a concern.

>scoll website
>worn out mouse wheel skips a bunch of "clicks"
>visual cortex expects website to move
>it doesn't
>error error

Attached: 329026904590457.jpg (480x480, 35K)

I used to stare at the sun as a kid, why do you think I have glasses and browse Jow Forums?

Even though I'm at the computer at least 10 hours a day, my screen is in front of a window, so I can easily relax my eyes every few minutes. My vision is fine, I'm not an eyelet.

Attached: patchouli-and-marisa-computer.jpg (1135x705, 410K)

I have miopia

why don't you just do this

Attached: fuckingmagic.gif (328x177, 1.11M)

this

If you don't game with that mouse you could get something pic related. They have no moving parts in the scroll department so they don't break.

Attached: logitech-t400-blue-cordless-optical-zone-touch-mouse.jpg (458x458, 20K)

>do you think your eyes degraded because of your excessive screen time?
Yes, I do.

nope, books are to blame, I became short sighted years before I got my first computer (or phone) and it hasn't really gotten worse since

I get short sighted when I'm tired, no idea why.

I read years ago that the lens inside your eye which gets thicker or thinner depending on your focus, gets hardened over the years and isn't as elastic anymore. So people who might stare long into the distance like truck drivers might keep their far sight but focusing on something near is not as common and requires glasses eventually. So staring at a computer screen near you might kill your far sight instead. I can't say if this is true or not but it sounds logical to me.

yes, which is why I lower brightness and environment light as much as I can. and you should too.

yes, and i regret nothing

Fuck off with this "screen time" bullshit

everyone in my immediate family is also short-sighted, all to a similar level as me
but no it's totally the screen fucking up my eyes man, totally

I'm the opposite. Entire family has 20/20 vision, meanwhile I got an iPod Touch when I was 13 and kept it low brightness to save battery life.

It's true during the development period, but old people need glasses to see things near them because the nerve gets tired or something like that.

No, I take time away from the screen every hour to do something else. It also helps keeps my sanity in check.
I also use blue light filtering programs to avoid strain on my eyes. I don't know how I dealt without using blue light filtering for years. Whenever I turn it off, my eyes burn.

it's never enough

Yes, but how is your vision.

It's fine with glasses, I guess.

Yes, both my parents were mear-sighted, sitting in front of a monitor forost of my life amplified the degeneration of my eyes to the point where I am legally blind without ridiculously thick lenses that need to be chemically reduced and cost me $700 to replace every couple of years. For contrast both my sister and brother also need glasses but their eyes aren't nearly as bad and they have spent 1/10th of the time I have in front of a monitor. I also have a terrible diet and don't take care myself well, which my optometrist tells me is the greatest factor.

I've been told by big time multiaward winning Mr.NoseStein, that tv and pc actually don't make a difference.
He says it's your eyes not moving that causes them to be strained, but there isn't any evidence to damaging your 20/20 vision. He also told me that it's not blue light directly that bothers the eyes but another light in that spectrum which hurts them.
Current theory now is that black font on white or light backgrounds causes eye strain. Which is why glasses are more prevalent in modern day children, than before. Because of the homework and studying.
Another doctor told me, games have nothing to do with reducing vision, in fact they've improved younger childrens vision. He told me they are now expirimenting with eye transplants from animals.

nope i wear pic related

Attached: Phenom.jpg (1500x624, 87K)

I can do that manually with smoothscroll on too
I guess it's just my brain trying to parse the contents of the screen as it moves

Attached: 1563668697971.jpg (669x514, 39K)

Why not just arrow keys you scrub?

sometimes I use the spacebar but then carpal tunnel
there's no winning :(

jej

The opposite. I ramped up my pc addiction to 200% and my eyes stopped degrading.

t. Reddit friend :^)

It's genetics

these do nothing, they have to have UV and blue-light coating and are not tinted at all, just give blue/green reflections
enjoy your placebo

Not sure if they degrade but I'm pretty sure that spending 12+ hours in front of a screen per day is the reason I am always tired.

Yes, fuck blue light and pwm.

No. At least, not yet. I do think something is wrong with my hearing on some level though.

No, because I'm not a nigger and use plus lenses for prolonged close up work.

It seems like I'd have a better time using just a keyboard than this abomination

I have problems seeing things sharp lately.
But then again sleep deprivation leads to eyes not focussing properly too and I can't fall asleep without taking pills lately

Stop popping Jewish pills and exercise.