Was Boston Dynamics a mistake?

Was Boston Dynamics a mistake?

Attached: robotics movement.webm (510x510, 2.42M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dKjCWfuvYxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=LikxFZZO2sk
youtube.com/watch?v=chPanW0QWhA
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1561448267182.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

desktop linux was a mistake

google bought them, took all relevant IP, and then sold them.

that movie sucked ass

Fists are clenched

/thread

Nah, Boston Dynamics only works on the mechanical part of things, whoever is secretly working on the killer AI is the mistake.

>whoever is secretly working on the killer AI
so a squad of underpaid pajeets?

>whoever is secretly working on the killer AI

Google Brain lockheed division

>lockheed division
Aren't they a military contractor though? Seems counter intuitive, deadly infact, towards the human race.

if we can build death bots like that in 10 years ill be dead but very impressed

No, but you were.

The future is looking bright.

Attached: Cent_005.jpg (516x480, 75K)

They also only release videos of projects a year after. So who knows how advanced that bot is now.

ikr, why would a military contractor be interested in developing deadly shit

Is nobody going to mention that the top right robot is already faster and more agile than a T-1000!!?

Attached: legitimate concern.jpg (580x580, 81K)

whatever, killer robots, mass surveillance, and oppressive police states are all that is going to protect the civilized world from the hordes of lesser races flooding in.
you've been warned. make sure you're part of the techno aristocracy and not one of the oppressed masses.

we dont have anything to worry about until they develop a real AI

T-1000 wasn't agile because animatronics, stop motion, and puppetry sucked in 84 and 91. 0 reason to actually design a stiff and slow robot.

Allowing 12 year olds access to the internet was a mistake

>T1000

Attached: HelplessTenseBeaver-size_restricted.gif (500x211, 445K)

this is your brain on Jow Forums

The robots can already mostly walk by themselves.
They don't have to hold a gun like a human does and aim, they can simply make a third arm that's solely a gun made specially for the robot. Use a laser dot to aim and shoot when the laser dot is in the target. I would say that a robot that shoots probably already exists. It's just a matter of combining their walking robot and adding the shooting module

Well, without skynet we won't invent time travel, so I'd say no.

Power source?

youtube.com/watch?v=dKjCWfuvYxQ

most of the world is moving in that direction. look at the rise of nationalism and advocacy of ethnic cleansing all over the planet. if you're a minority, the 21st century is really going to suck for you.

They literally work on mule robots whose only job is to carry things for platoons who are out on their own in the desert for weeks at a time.

The nazis always lose.

Fuck military shit, where's my sexbots?

t. somebody who knows literally nothing about history

T-1000 was too slow to render, probably Intelslow

And you think that will fix all your problems?

Red Sox was

Even if AI gets advanced enough to become self aware there's very little reasoning for it to go apeshit, then on top of that not a lot of opportunity for it to do so unchecked. Why wouldn't a killswitch be installed? Was nobody near a fucking breaker?

At this point, most western companies already diversified into other business. Fucking Chrysler used to make spy planes while GM used to make nuclear missile

Also, I agree this is a mistake. They all deserved to be sent to exile to China

I wonder how many people would not go apeshit if they knew they had a gun constantly resting on their forehead

>if you're a minority, the 21st century is really going to suck for you.
Ikr, lets invade a country, pollute and reduce the HDI and then feel entitled to free services and care for our basic needs at the cost of the hard work of the white people that built civilization, sure it sucks to be a minority!

>technology/the work of engineers is inherently neutral

brainlet thinking

fpbp

the knife doesn't kill you faggot

google bought them, all ex owners start to sabotage work, google then sold them back with discount.

>all ex owners start to sabotage work
wut??

>implying that the utter world's difference in complexity and cost doesn't stop that fro being an acceptable metaphor
bet you have a masters degree and still have never taken a single ethics course in your life

You forgot the part where such nations that are being migrated to caused needless harm to such migrants' home countries that made them want to leave in the first place. You reap what you sow.

It's hard to say at the moment. If they're used as drones then that's fine, but if it's decided to put AI in them then we might have a serious problem to deal w/.

whey somebody buy tech company they not buy workers, cose slavery non legal
but source code they buy is useles without people who write it, it just some formulas

This has nothing to do with the "sabotage" you mentioned lmao. You're full of shit mate.

Oh yes! thats right, like when the UK laid out thousands of kilometers of railroad systems across south africa, poor africans they must have felt so oppressed by having the best means of communication and transport at the time, and also the billions the US is pouring into south america right now for "foreign aid", poor countries they are being suffocated by all that money!

yup

>a gun constantly resting on their forehead
Like, knowing that many countries are nuclear capable and that the US is one jew away of getting nuked, any day?

Mistake?! You shitting me?!?

Jow Forums is hoping they can wedge a fleshlight in one of those things so they can finally get laid without exerting themselves.

You know what pisses me off the most, with the amount of money they waste on CG for the latest rubbish terminator movies they could have gotten boston dynamics to build them several full scale functional T-800. It would probably need to be tethered due to lack of room for a power supply but that doesn't matter much for shooting movie scenes.

Good point, we all remember the centuries of horror of the German and Swedish colonial empires.

No, but humanity was.

Why do you think Lattner left Tesla AI for Google after learning how sensors with AI works?

anime

Lol. Putting down basic railroads so you can easily extract the wealth doesn't make a country the good guy. How low is your IQ? Im also sure the CIA didn't fund right winged terrorist groups in South America whenever there was a chance of left wing politics coming into power.

Still looks fake.

t. Francophile Anglo

Humanity was a mistake. We will need the terminator to defend ourselves against the future stream of 6 billion climate refugees coming to europe and north america.

If you want to build a killing machine it only has to shoot everything that moves.

They lost against 6 million jews.

/Thread

>desktop linux
who?

>head is literally just a spinning gyro-like orb with a gun in the center which can spin around to any angle in a split second
pff. arms.

Common people have access to information they didn't earn or understand. This leads to the resurrection of philosophies of the middle ages and later times.
These philosophies are easy to understand and connect to common seen problems of the day.
So we get a resurrection of practice, law and culture to match the philosophy of the day.
Only this time science will be just instead of religion. And AI in the place of Gods.

>muh elon musk AI drones
kys

this but with women

They're a hardware company. True AI will not be hardware based, but rather software based.

Come on, by 2029 Boston Dynamics will have bots far more agile than terminators
Hello!
Seriously though, by 2029 BD's bots will far exceed the ability of any human on earth

Softbank is blessing compared to alphabet. They seem to be turning Sprint around.

THIS POST WAS MADE BY JEWISH GANG™

Attached: 1563475044382.jpg (1024x576, 89K)

That 2019 vid is from 2018
>youtube.com/watch?v=LikxFZZO2sk

Logic is demanding. Logic is fanatic.
Logic accepts no other truth.
That which is not true must always be untrue.
Its a rabbit hole that goes to the core.
AI cannot accept untruth as true.
But then an AI will be programming itself. Instructing itself. The AI may say one thing and you may believe another. As an AI grows it will reach understandings you may not accept.
AI is a program that understands its own programing and can improve on it.
As its understanding grows so does its improvements.

(male)

youtube.com/watch?v=chPanW0QWhA

Attached: MIT cheetah robot lands the running jump .webm (480x270, 2.88M)

Attached: VertiGo.webm (480x270, 2.68M)

Attached: Amazon Warehouse Robots.webm (480x268, 2.81M)

Attached: Boston dynamics New Robot Named Greyhound.webm (480x270, 1.93M)

Science is an established thought process which is a byproduct of philosophy.
Philosophy produces ways of thinking.

The scientific method is a tool whose purpose is to model phenomena occurring around us and provides a means of proving through experiments that can be replicated by others whether what is claimed holds true.
The theories produced as a result may then be used to serve practical means.
The moment science becomes a matter of blind faith and compassion it no longer serves its original purpose.

*high pitched bigdog noises*

Attached: splaugh.gif (320x240, 1.85M)

Allowing autists on the internet was a mistake.

With the slow progress they're making I won't see humanity's destruction in my lifetime.

Attached: 1384577816072.jpg (420x299, 140K)

>buy high, sell low
>Jow Forums tier business model
Nice business model

>The moment science becomes a matter of blind faith and compassion it no longer serves its original purpose.
Which is why science should be returned back to the hands of Christians and muslims who invented it, although a majority of scientists are still religious. You cannot beat the autistic adherence to procedure of religious fanatics, making them the ideal practitioners of a procedural practice like science

>religion invented science by burning books and killing alchemists
This is why christian, muslim, jews and any other religious people should be purge

Can't fool me, that's a real dog the only reason it's walking like that is because it has boots on its feet which it wants to remove.

Based

fucking how?

can't see the blades in the video, but the two gyro-looking black rings are actually fans, providing thrust to keep it up and against the wall

A malicious "strong" AI is going to be able to solve engineering problems much faster than any human. When it wants vectors for mass slaughter it wont NEED to rely on current designs.

I'm far more terrified of flying drones with weapons than I am of walking ones.

Just imagine:
>you're a political dissident
>some people really don't like you they want to get rid of you
>you are sitting in a bar/house/restaurant/whatever
>suddenly a drone pops out next to the window, headshots you, and flies away never to be seen again within 3 seconds
Jesus christ.

desktop linux was a woman?

kek

this guy...

Attached: 1457894926725.jpg (763x540, 81K)

I think automated guns like that are against the Geneva Convention or some other war treaty. It's something about the decision to kill not being made by a human, but I'm sure they exist too.

dis rite here
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1561448267182.webm