UDOO Bolt

AMD SOC Ryzen V1605B 4c/8t - up to 32GB DDR4
- Anyone run ESX on these yet? Also, their site is saying 65w @ 19v DC - how many watts is that on AC 120v? Thinking I might be able to finally power off the Dell R710 if these are as good as they look.

Attached: bolt_top_220219.png (450x333, 245K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=vsSlXk0lA5g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

$418? seems quite high

>their site is saying 65w @ 19v DC - how many watts is that on AC 120v?
I see someone failed Electronics 101

>65w @ 19v DC - how many watts is that on AC 120v?

>Also, their site is saying 65w @ 19v DC - how many watts is that on AC 120v?
American education, everyone.

I'm asking what I should expect to be pulling at the outlet after the wall wart conversion.

Yes, you are.

>65w @ 19v DC - how many watts is that on AC 120v?

Attached: 15698684962411.png (371x353, 148K)

Depends on your power supply
Worst case would be like 80W assuming your are pulling 65W on the board, that's with an ~80% efficient adapter
You'll most likely never see that board pull 65W in the first place though, the 65W is probably just the recommended adapter to get

Assume 15% conversion loss, so ~75 watts

Thanks, that's what I was looking for.

Don't these udo boards have tons of compatibility issues and never receive any firmware or software updates after whatever beta tier garbage they cobble together for release?

Yeah, we know.

FYI wattage is amps x voltage, if you ever know two of the three numbers, you should be able to do simple math to get the third number.

I'm not sure, didn't find too much regarding ESX - that's why I was asking Jow Forums to see if anyone touched them yet.

So it's like a lattepanda except bigger and with six times higher power consumption?
What is the target application for this?
Why are they still using the shittiest tier AVR for I/O?

Lattepanda maxes out at 4GB

>$418 for V8
Too expensive; a 2500U/3500U Ryzen ThinkPad costs ~$650 and is essentially the same thing with a screen, battery(or UPS if you see it that way), Keyboard etc

Yes, and?
I have a hard time imagining a task where you need GPIO and Grove ports plus this much processing power and memory.

OP is using for ESXi, and probably don't need GPIO

Any $400-$500 Ryzen 5/7 or 8Gen i5/i7 (U) laptop would be a better buy than that honestly speaking; you essentially get a free UPS

Correct, don't need the pins - just trying to get sub-100 watt replacement for my power hungry R710 - that can do 32GB of memory, proc just needs to support virtualization and be x86/64 (have a VM that's x86 only) - nothing is very CPU intensive so started looking at SOCs.

For like $100 more you can get a Supermicro Xeon-D board that can support 128GB RAM, has IPMI, and is actually supported by ESXi.

>starting at 229

Attached: 1563390760679.jpg (434x327, 12K)

So why don't you just get a laptop of a similar price range with a similar processor?

Or one of those book-sized business PCs like Optiplex Micro, they're cheap when used, can have 35W 4C4T or even 4C8T processors and less fan whine under load than a laptop.

If the price is right they are good too, but with laptops you essentially get a built-in UPS

Of course, OP may not need that so a USFF will also be fine in that scenario

That's something I never considered.....forgot these even existed.

lmao what a power hungry hog piece of shit
just buy 4 year old used laptop with intel U processor

Attached: 3f4.jpg (812x800, 117K)

Got one on order, it will replace my desktop.

>Israeli botnet Xeon
This is a board for the discerning non-Jewish customer.

GPIO fagit, do the math.

What laptop has GPIO?

Why would you even need to know that? Power adapters are rated for output power, not input. Are you worried that you'll be drawing too much though your 20A wall socket?

Which laptop with Intel U has GPIO?

>Asrock A320 supports up to a 3400G, is ~$220 w/o ~$100 CPU and $60 RAM

Lol no. Wallwarts have like an efficiency of 70%

I use an HP lab power supply with 95% efficiency. Plebs use wall warts.

>no GPIO
UR an retarded do do do do do do de do do do do de do do do do doooooooo.

just make a fuckin itx computer at this point

god damn

>no GPIO

buy raspberry pi if you want GPIO you colossal faggot

What if you want something more powerful faglord?