Do you switch your PSU off after you shutdown?

Do you switch your PSU off after you shutdown?

Attached: power-suppy-diagnostic.jpg (400x280, 35K)

no. i need my IPMI to stay online.

I do in summer sometimes when there is crazy electrical storms. When it is real bad I unplug it.

If I'm taking it apart yes. That's usually the only reason I ever shutdown.

nah i just leave my laptop plugged in, i prolly should unplug it tho

I recently upgraded from a vx450 to a rm650i and it clicks when I'm done shutting down. Is that normal? The vx450 didn't click.

Don't worry, being a Corsair, you will have to RMA it soon anyway.

pretty much this

Yes I always turn off that button.

You're gonna have a cap explode. Happened to me Hopefully it won't fry the rest of your computer.

Attached: 1319605514387.jpg (758x779, 96K)

Shut down?

Attached: uptime.png (439x56, 779)

>shut down
...what?

Why?
Do you run a server, seedbox or something that requires being online 24/7?

IIRC it's one of those deals where they use a relay instead of a thermistor for inrush limiting. Relay makes a little tic noise when it disengages.

Also fuck Corsair.

It's what you do when you're done using your PC.

>Done
No rest for the wicked

What? I just lock it and turn off my monitors. There's no need to have to start all my services up again every time I start the computer.

done?

I wouldn't go so far as to call it a seedbox, considering everything is paused right now, but I use it for NFS, DLNA, mpd/icecast, torrenting, and sometimes a game server. It's headless toaster-tier, probably draws less power than an average laptop.

Keeping it running indefinitely is going into my will.

ive had my corsair for 7 years now
works perfectly fine still

You don't close everything then run cleaners before shutting down? What kind of privacy measures do you take then?

>Privacy
If your system is airgapped and shielded against Van Eck phreaking down a proper cleanse and shutting down to blank the ram would be in order. If your connected to the internet however it is all for naught.

I pretty much HAVE to, or my system will just boot right up after 5 or so seconds.
I've checked jumpers, damn near everything and it turns back on.
Had a Seasonic before that shut down fine, but this EVGA unit, I have no idea.

Yes.

>cleaners
is this a Windows thing?

>yes
gay, shit, dumbass board has lights on it (not even muh RGB, just white and red lights) that stay on even after the PC is off

What if you run a live distro?

Doesn't matter what you run if it is connected to the internet. Airgapped is the only way to be safe anymore.

i unplug it at the socket

No need I have an online ups.