Are we gonna see a replacement for this in this gen?

Or are we simply going to continue getting sodomized by rising hardware prices? Like it or not this card and its Nvidia equivalent, the 1060 6 gigglebyte, are what sell the most and are what drive GPU sales. When these cards launched, you were getting the following deal:
>$220-260
>ultra 1080p at 60+ fps
>minimum 6 GB VRAM
>Reasonable opportunity to play the newest releases on high for a few years

Now we are seeing that same deal creeping up to the $350 starting mark with new cards, whereas we would expect to see the barrier to entry go DOWN. Are the companies engaged in a semitic pact or is the new hardware justifiably more expensive?

Attached: th (4).jpg (474x291, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/newz/sapphire-registers-radeon-rx-5950-5900-xt-rx-5850-5800-xt-series-at-eec
pcgamer.com/amds-latest-drivers-drop-performance-by-10-or-more-in-some-games/
wccftech.com/asrock-amd-radeon-rx-5700-challenger-series-custom-navi-graphics-card-launch/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>1660 and 1660 ti
>$220 to $280
>better than both cards you mentioned
>newer
I don't see the problem, 1080p card(s) have improved with the 1660

>be ausfag
>novidya prices are jacked
>always buy AMD
>upgrade path = 6870 - 7950 - RX580
Not even mad, they've all been great bang for the buck.

I prefer AMD now as well after having started on Nvidia, they are better bang for buck even if they don't compete on the higher end of things. An RX 580 is really all someone like me needs to enjoy games and edit videos.

yes, the msrp has risen significantly, but i think you are forgetting that polaris and 1000 series were actually sold for exorbitant prices because of mining
i got my 1070 in 2017 for ~550 usd
so it's now almost as expensive as back then, but much more plentiful

>ultra 1...
die nigger

One of the guys in charge of their GPU division said they are doing a "full stack refresh". One of AMD's board partners (Sapphire) has registered a bunch of trademarks.
videocardz.com/newz/sapphire-registers-radeon-rx-5950-5900-xt-rx-5850-5800-xt-series-at-eec
I'm guessing it might be the 5500/XT and 5600/XT.

If you keep gaming on 1080p you won't need more expensive cards. 4 k gaming is a meme but 1440p is good imo. But if you have a 144hz 1080p i don't think you should upgrade.

>videocardz.com/newz/sapphire-registers-radeon-rx-5950-5900-xt-rx-5850-5800-xt-series-at-eec
Good, sapphire makes the best RX cards. I have a Nitro + 570 right now.

when is the 5800 coming bros I want to upgrade....

German amazon just put up a bunch of 1080s for fucking 250 eur, seems theyre trying to get rid of stock or something, someone buy them, I feel bad some normie might get them instead.

Attached: XgwJEXL.jpg (1426x786, 102K)

>I prefer AMD now as well after having started on Nvidia
Exact opposite for me. First thing I did was replay my old games with phsx, and then started to use cuda. I still don't use shadow play though, or the gaming experience shit.

>1660
>better than 580

Same, I hadnt used an nvidia since 2008 and now that Im back to it it feels like they're a whole new thing compared to back then and shit just works.

I'm kinda new to this stuff. Why is it that a card capable of 1080p/60 in all games on high 5 years ago is only capable of 1080p/30 in many games 5 years later? Is it devs getting better/worse at making games?

>and shit just works
This is honestly how I felt. Random shit just worked liked TV tuners, and my sdr software started to play nice, fucking vms were accelerated in Linux (amd had a bug back then), and was able to use waifu2x. Shit was great.

Yeah with like half the games that came out I always had to do some looking around for what settings/what driver to use on my 290x and I had to delid the case due to temps. I got it pretty cheap and it was a beast that lasted me years so no regrets really, but Ive had to do much less tweaking with this one and have never had to look at temps and worry so far.

Just got one for 235 thanks for the heads up ;ddd

Same. Got it for €100. Superb.

nvidia gimps older cards via drivers.

First it's been proven false even by amd shills like hardware canucks. Second - AMD is the gimp company now:
pcgamer.com/amds-latest-drivers-drop-performance-by-10-or-more-in-some-games/

1080 ti cards are also pretty cheap and according to benchmarks it kinda beats 2070 super on average. Any disadvantages of picking up an 1080 ti over a rtx, minus the raytracing?

They are sold not by Amazon but by some third parties with very little to no user feedback - it might be a scam/ selling damaged/ returned/ used produce.

You do know the 1660 is as fast as a 580 and they cost as much as a 590, right?

For the price of a 1660 ti you can buy a Vega 56, which is significantly faster.

The 16 series cards are very overpriced in comparison to their amd counterparts and they don't even have as much vram or memory bandwidth

The only modern game with physx that won't run on amd by sheer brute force is borderlands and the physx implementation is so ugly and shitty that Its not really much of a point of contention.

these cards all will be above 300 bucks. I want something like a vega 56 for ~200

have fun getting scammed you fucking retard. the sellers literally have 0 to 1 rating total.

the retard that wrote this article is literally the only one who had his performance degrade. stop spreading this low IQ blog post around, you fucking shill nigger

Your point?

>can't run physx borderlands
I run it just fine one a gtx 1060.

That user was pretty clear with his point.
>the physx implementation is so ugly and shitty that Its not really much of a point of contention

I am too dumb to know any better but that's what he said.

That user would probably change his mind when an amd GPU could run borderlands with physx out of sheer performance a few years later on, and would probably enjoy all the other things that I've been enjoying for years like fast waifu2x, but many years later on.

It's great that you can enjoy things like physx many years later when amd catches up, no?

Yeah physX is amazing in the games where it's well implemented like mirror's edge, batman and metro and doesn't clash with the visuals like it does in borderlands. The metro games even have the best CPU physX implementation, it's well multithreaded and doesn't tank performance like it does in mirror's edge or batman.

It's still Amazon if there is a problem I should get my money back

I dont usually shop on amazon often and just happened to see the price on an aggregator desu, but I thought that Amazon pretty much responds for anything they allow to be listed if it turns out to be a scam, unlike ebay.

>sapphire makes the best RX cards.
They completely botched 4xx though. Shit cooling and leaking silicone.

just a buy 5700 or the XT
GDDR6 8GB itself is $88 and it's not gonna be as cheap as the 480/580 anytime soon

Attached: 1563685158.png (850x1046, 904K)

>vega 56
You can have EXCELLENT performance (except for the *mumble* heat and *mumble* noise *mumble*)

Different user. I don't give a fuck how good PhysX is, I refuse to support it because Nvidia are cunts. You used to be able to get a dedicated PhysX card and a primary AMD card, but Nvidia blocked that with a driver update, and now it disables PhysX if it detects an AMD card in your system, even if you're not using that card for gaming. Fuck Nvidia with a cactus.

why do you retards keep repeating this about AIB cards? it's not true and never was true, that meme originated about nvidia blower cards, than 290X happened
not that anyone should buy vega ever, it's a shit arch

you can brute force any physx effect with CPU these days, it's not GPU locked and costs almost no performance specially on old games

Definitely do wait for custom cards.
The reference card cooling solution is dumpsterfire tier.

So guys, do you think japan-korean autism will kill pc gaming once again?

Gook wars may hurt pc gayming, but GPU manufacturers sodomizing customers is what's killing it

I wish i had a newer card, im still rocking a gtx 580 classified

Based,when did you buy it and how much did it cost?

What is it even? Neither the post nor the image or file name give it away.

Well the RX 580 8GB is AMDs equivalent to the 1060 so you should have known or been able to figure that out.

>1080p

Attached: 6dBt2Oj.jpg (251x242, 15K)

I'm not gonna lie I hate AMD with a burning fucking passion as all their products always gave me nothing but headaches but at the moment here in Britbongistan unless something changes with Nvidia pricing there is simply no way anyone reasonable will buy 2060S, 2070 or 2070S over 5700XT and 5700, 5-10% performance loss for 40% less money.

Now of course I'm stil skeptical because knowing AMD they will fuck this one up as always and aftermarket GPUs will still reach temps high enough to deteriorate your vrms and start artifacting after 3 months.

Nitro rx480, thing is quiet and cool.
I must've gotten a later model, mine has 0 problems.

Only resolution that matters. I'll be playing at 160fps while you're rendering detail you can't even see at 60

get your cataracts fixed, gramps.

Based and redpilled.

>tfw fell for the 1440p meme and I can only tell a difference if I try real hard and only on some games

A-at least I know not to fall for the 4k gaming jew when they day they push it hard finally comes.

my amd products just werk

t. always get lucky with computers

asrock already released a custom design wccftech.com/asrock-amd-radeon-rx-5700-challenger-series-custom-navi-graphics-card-launch/ not sure if they are for sale anywhere yet tho. I've got 350 gbp for a gpu and am thinking of getting a 5700 not sure what one ill got for im gonna wait a month and see whats out

Attached: 398505db3111b1d891d49efcb6fdd9a8.jpg (1000x1415, 457K)

I bought a VII as it was a good £100 cheaper than any 2080 thats worth buying. Remember user, the more you buy the more you save!

the 5700 and xt have thermal issues due to the cooler though. Some dude on yt put an r9 390 cooler on his 5700 and got lower temps, so much lower that the clock speed increased

Attached: sample-98a06b78b7a45f9bafa8565d988e034e.jpg (850x1202, 146K)

>5-10% performance loss for 40% less money
that loss isn't even guaranteed either as amds drivers are normally awful for 6 months - 1 year

buy a 570 now for cheap and ride out the rest of this gen.
you'd be stupid to buy a card now, especially the 5700/XT.

if AMD it going to be getting a 1080-level performance out of a APU from a $400 console next year, their line up is going to have to improve significantly. not to mention raytracing, etc. call it a meme all you want, but if fucking consoles are gonna have support for it, you'll want it too.

The 570 is the /poorfag card/.

and?

nothing it's just a 1080p card that's extremely cheap

wait and get a custom cooler card

confourmed, but when you can pick up a solid gaming card for $90 that lets you into 1080p, why not?

yeah i am i went and traded in 2 hard drives for an r9 290 at a store so im set until better versions are out

Attached: 59416941_p0.png (634x1012, 860K)