How do I replace the battery on this thing?

how do I replace the battery on this thing?

Attached: surface.jpg (970x728, 403K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ifixit.com/Guide/Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Battery Replacement/51877
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you buy a new one

but this one has muh stuff and stuff

check on ifixit

that's the point, now use the cloud goy

Please record I've never seen suicide by battery replacement before

Use a can opener.

You don't

>but this one has muh stuff and stuff
Learn to backup. Till then unironically this

here you go OP: ifixit.com/Guide/Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Battery Replacement/51877

doesn't seem worth it, but you can at least then get to your "stuff and stuff" by taking out the ssd even if you mess up. then you can read it from different computers.

Why is there no device with a screen and form factor as good as this one, but with serviceable parts and an OS that actually works in tablet mode?

form factor relies on soldering to eliminate connectors

I used to have a Surface RT.
It was about twice as thick as the modern Surface line and that was perfectly fine. With modern parts, they could easily make it repairable if they kept that thickness.

Just bring it to the Official Microsoft Store for Authorized Repairs

Hp's 2-in-1for what they say.

>Windows RT
No, it wasn't fine, not one damn bit.

Look up an ifixit guide

I'm talking about hardware, dickface.

The hardware was Apple-tier overpriced shit too, but you knew that already.

this
unfortunately
I really loathe this era of electronics where servicing your own devices is so hindered

>ifixit
Worst website ever.

Attached: 1558082624585.jpg (747x724, 28K)

>2019
>replace
kek

And that's still missing the fucking point that I was talking specifically about thickness.

>I really loathe this era of electronics where servicing your own devices is so hindered
Yeah, I have an odd model of an ASUS 900SD netbook. I was going to upgrade it. I looked up how to open it and no one had this model. Turns out there's no screws and the entire thing is those pop-apart tabs that normally break easily. I broke a few, but not so many that I had problems putting it back together.

Anyway, when I opened it up.....EVERYTHING was directly soldered SMD and black hardened blobs. There wasn't anything replaceable, not even the fucking screen because there was black blob over the connections for it. I was so pissed. I'll probably get an Rpi since those are better now anyway.

okay, retard.