Just landed an IT support call center job

Just landed an IT support call center job.

How fucked am I ? I actually feel depressed. Seems such a low level shit.

Attached: gettyimages-639735856-612x612.jpg (612x408, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wp-uKlhXvmo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What line of support are you?

Instead of being such an ungrateful faggot, take this as a bait job in order to catch the bigger fish. No one starts at a Fortune 500 as a VC. You work your way up and create connections, you gain experience and you put that on your resume. Instead of being mopey and "depressed" over having a place to work and get freaking income from, you should just relax and take it as it comes. Jesus christ, this place went to goddamn hell.

Just like said.
Although i heard call centers are beyond inhuman.

I'm currently considering to apply to a similar job. At least it brings in some money.

Being unemployed makes you lose out on a lot of money, that isn't easy to make up for. Imagine how long you'd have to work to make up for a couple months or years of missed salary.

You applied for the job, didn't you? Why the fuck are you complaining. If you think you have in-demand skills and you're above IT support then why would you apply for such jobs? You get what you ask for.

Work on your soft skills then move on to manipulating users into doing simple tasks that won't really fix it but they think it will.

Im Tier 1 as of right now and so far so boring, considering moving into webdev so I dont have to help boomers reset their passwords all day.

Does IT get any better?

whats so bad about it? sounds pretty easy to me: Just tell people they're idiots and to reboot their pc all day & get paid

Talking to people all day is tiresome for most people. Especially when you have to imagine what they are doing, answer stupid questions and they do something entirely else.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wp-uKlhXvmo

I think HR has just made corporate life an unbearable mess

If you want an easy life do this:
1. Never apply to any startups that has no recognition or name behind them.
2. If their HR is female just leave already.
3. If the head of IT is a female, leave immediately.
4. If your IT department is comprised of more than -1 females, leave immediately.

t. 5 years of experience as a sysadmin.

Tfw our password policy is 15 characters and boomers can count

Iv mostly been using the downtime to study certs and practice programming

Attached: B824871E-7606-419E-9FE9-F1B278725B35.png (500x365, 231K)

Ok glad Im not the only one, I feel like sometimes are painfully slow with no issues and other days it seems like are pure hell

>2. If their HR is female just leave already.
lol, how fucking out of touch are you. the mass majority of HR is female, especially at prestigious big corporations that use HR as a way of cheating in female representation %.

I'm not out of touch and I know this already, that's why I said to avoid it. As female HR makes the absolute worst mistakes for someone in IT.

>call center
TRASHHHH
>IT support call center
TRAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

what's the difference between this and like working at mcdonald's really? the pay is higher?

I went from a part-time help desk job to a full-time tech support for private uni.
I honestly miss the part-time, it left me with some time to actually unwind and fucking sleep properly.

I guess there's no serious part-time tech job for me right?

there are basically 0 companies that don't have female HR

The company and the companies I've worked at did not have a female HR manager.

I did support for an ISP for a couple of years.
As long as you have some patience and a healthy dose of self hatred it's not too bad.
I also met some of the nicest and most down to earth people working there.

Just gets worse. At some point you will have to spend most of your day explaining basic IT concepts to tier 1 staff that don't want to be there.

This place almost certainly pays for certs so get your A+, Net+, CCENT, CCNA R&S, CySA+, SSCP, MCSA, MCSE, RHCSA, Linux+, ITIL Practitioner, literally anything and everything that will make you more employable. You don’t have to stay there forever. Just try to get 4 certs this year, and on your 1 year anniversary, if they don’t give you a big fat promotion+raise, look ft another job.

4 certs + 1yr helpdesk exp + Pick 3 from below:

>homelab
>CTF
>bug-bounties
>open source contributions
>podcast/YouTube host
>volunteer work

and you’ll be slamming interviews like nobodies business.

This is a good thing. Call center sucks but you DONT take your work home with you (except on-call, but that was only one night every 20 days.)

>boomers can’t* count
And I also cannot spell

I've worked helpdesk at a call center for the past 7 years and it does me really well (pay, benefits, etc). The big thing is though, I take internal calls only, so I can just simply remote in and fix shit or send a tech out 90% of the time. The job is largely chill and I often play games or shit post on the internet while I'm working on a second laptop, of which I'm doing right now.
But, if I took external customer calls I'd fucking blow my brains out.

>This is a good thing. Call center sucks but you DONT take your work home with you
I'm not OP. But that's one of the reasons why I'm considering such a job.

I run a webshop in my spare time. A job that you don't have to take home is great, if you want to do more in life than work.

What's the best part-time Jow Forums job?

>if HR is female, leave

>if the company uses letters in its name, leave

>if the company’s goal is to make money, leave

>if the company exists, leave

I worked at a Help Desk for 8 years for internal employees only. I worked maybe 1 hour a day and spent the rest of the time studying and working on random projects. I ended up automating most of my job and wrote some monitoring software that my department relies on heavily

I ended up getting promoted to a Sys Admin / Dev position when I let management know I was searching for a new job.

OP, just have a positive attitude and if you have any technical competence, you'll stand out among your peers. Take advantage of any down time / company benefits to learn more skills.

Get ready for the inevitable culture shock when you realise no one at tech support actually gives a shit and they're basically leeching off the work of whoever feels responsible enough to get to the bottom of things (You) while your manager berates you for the bad KPIs because you're the new guy

t. first line support quitter