Bros you don't want to lose eyesight, you do use light terminal/editor themes, right?

Bros you don't want to lose eyesight, you do use light terminal/editor themes, right?

Attached: 2019-07-22-181346_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 441K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ux.stackexchange.com/questions/53264/dark-or-white-color-theme-is-better-for-the-eyes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What form of b8 is this

Plain white is to bright, you need something that's similar colors to the background. Solarized light is a good example of a neutral theme for programming during the day.
Dark themes are for children

p9 color scheme or bust

Just use glasses for farsighted people. Lets you focus on a screen two feet away from your face but with your eyes set to optical infinity.

I prefer themes with a grey background. Still can't find a good one for ST3. Any suggestions? I might roll my own.

Attached: jetbrainsreaverlight247893516.png (1920x1080, 84K)

ux.stackexchange.com/questions/53264/dark-or-white-color-theme-is-better-for-the-eyes

just use solarized light

solarized is a fucking meme

Any white theme emits blue light and it's confirmed to fuck your eyes and circadian rhythms, you might be literally killing somebody, op.

Use a blue light filter like everybody else?

Yes, of course.
However, I usually use a cream/light grey background instead of plain white. One of my favorites is Gruvbox light medium.
I used dark themes for years, but after trying out some good, lower contrast light themes, I came to the conclusion that they really are better. Plus, multiple studies seem to confirm that dark text on a light background is more readable.
It's also worth mentioning that most of the first actual GUIs were dark on light, not the other way around. Those were text terminals, where, for technical limtations, it was better to display light text on a dark background.

Attached: __okuzumi_yuiko_miru_tights_drawn_by_tawagoto_dukai_no_deshi__1ef062a32029081f5cf7b1a77bebf606.jpg (1158x1637, 1.08M)

A dark theme is the best blue filter.

Depends on the theme. Bad dark themes such as Solarized dark have a literal blue background. The light version is way better.
Gruvbox dark, for example, is better than Solarized dark precisely because it's warmer, but I still prefer light themes in general.
But in any case, you should really use a blue light filter anyway, unless your theme is already on the reddish side.

>blasting bright white/blue into my eyes 8+ hours a day is good for them!

Using plus lenses when doing prolonged close up work is unironically a good idea regardless: it lets your eyes stay relaxed and avoids potential eyesight degradation. I personally know an opthalmologist who advised his daughter to wear mild plus glasses (+0.50) for studying.

gray like my soul

Yeah, some of us actually spend time outside.

Ironic considering that insufficient sunlight exposure is one of the main causes of increasing myopia rates.

wait theres a jetbrains ide for go? wtf

Cream background and dark gray letters like a book is the best choice.

Dark backgrounds are for children, forcing your eyes to adapt to dark light all the time when alt tabbing will kill your sight

Who else light theme with brightness all the way down?

Brightness should match your environment

bad
good

personally, i don't like plain white, but a lighter shade of other colors like blue/green is good enough

I was meming I didn't know that was actually a thing. Thanks user.

/thread

>@battlestation

jfc how are you not blind with that fff white

i have a hotkey for switching light/dark desktop and terminal
and redshift to control temperature and brightness

my eyesight is so shit I wear +5 and still have to lean forward and press my face against the screen sometimes

so ur saying burning my eyes out 24/7 with light themes is better for my eyes?

Attached: 1547360268970.png (741x568, 29K)

maybe you should move to +5.5 or something lmao

I use Dark themes because theyre easier on my eyes. Bright white fucking sucks.

Attached: 06_01_1.jpg (529x279, 33K)

I only use Comic Sans.

what font?

from what i've read it fucking up your eyes is only true if your eyes are already fucked up -- cornea degradation from old age lets the light in unfiltered and that's what causes the damage. in young eyes it does nothing
as for the circadian rhythms thing all light emitted from your monitor is blue (spectrum) even if its red text (color)

just bee yourself and pick a color scheme that feels like you

This, God designed your eyes specifically for looking at shit. You think you can hurt them by looking at shit? Fuck off edgelords!

Attached: blocksyourepath.jpg (500x500, 44K)

yeah that shit was a meme, I looked at it and nothing happened
I even took pics with my cell phone and you can look right at it and nothing happens, pic related

Attached: eclipse.jpg (6400x1440, 613K)

>brighter and more intense light is less harmful to your eyes than dimmed light
yes, that is why i really enjoy looking directly into the sun without sunglasses

the only reason black text on white background ever became standard was to save ink without compromising readability.
on a computer monitor this is a non-issue, yet we still have idiots like op that refuse to switch to light grey text on dark grey background or black text on yellowish background simply because 'black on white is how it's always been XD'

t. 17 years old pajeet

Black on yellow/cream is the sane choice, also 0 brightness on your monitor and blue light filter

Kind of off-pink for me buddy

Black text on yellowish bachground is superior to anything else to me.