CSS=Commit Suicide Stupid

Seriously how do people do this all day? I just finished setting up a static personal website with bootstrap. Literally 48 hours of tweaking and it still looks like shit and will probably continue to look like shit for forever.

How am I autistic enough to work in IT and browse this place but can't line up fucking boxing in a visually appealing way.

Can someone who builds websites routinely tell me how you don't an hero?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (1250x1363, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/CSS_Grid_Layout
github.com/DenisKolodin/yew/blob/master/README.md
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anything besides pure HTML is bloat.

Brainlet can't use css

I use just enough CSS to align shit properly and change fonts. But I feel if I got really good at it it would make my life better.

if you're not already using it: CSS grid will make your life so much more pleasant. also note that there's a categorical difference between web design—that is, design, an aesthetic discipline—and building a website

Not a brainlet, just Aesthetically challenged. I generally don't care how things look but since this is going to be a resume site, I wanted it to look decent.

That's basically all I did for this, the colors are all awful.

Probably because it doesn't really feel like programming, and there is no "right" way to do things.

I mean there is obviously a right syntax but when it comes to how elements are presented visually on the page I might as well an hero. For personal projects I just look at visually appealing sites and try to build the same thing, usually painstakingly slow but it feels good when it works.

Attached: 1558825405165.jpg (670x503, 39K)

what are the advantages of css grid over bootstrap cols?

So do people who build web sites not generally design them? Are they just given blue prints from a designer or client and go from there?

post link or no help faggit

I'll try that, I have plenty of time. website's are not what I am focusing on at all

Don't overcomplicate. The less CSS you do, the less fucked up it can look.
Alternatively, just make an

> thinks css is bootstrap
> never used grid

Brutal

>what are the advantages of css grid over bootstrap cols?
it's simpler and more flexible—and it has the benefit of being raw CSS, rather than part of a framework. it's worth at least reading about. MDN's pages on it are excellent: developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/CSS_Grid_Layout

>So do people who build web sites not generally design them? Are they just given blue prints from a designer or client and go from there?
it's possible to be a pure designer or a pure builder, but typically the roles bleed across each other quite a lot. they're distinct skills and should be thought of as such; most programmers have an appalling aesthetic sense, even though it'd be well within their capacities to build a website to a given specification

I like how people call it bootstrap col when in the end its flexbox. Which is literally what css can do but at least in css you can use flexbox and grid together

All you retards making these JS-laden web sites are exactly the reason why the web is dying. Take a lesson from the late Terry and hand code your shit like a man.

Attached: main170611.jpg (640x480, 56K)

I think it's Stallman that hates JS because it's hard to tell when it's proprietary and it just automatically runs..

They probably both do

Attached: 1535764998266.jpg (902x762, 195K)

CSS is a complete mess, doesn't have a structure, (((they))) added new shit and glued together hoping it will work. What is worse? people want it to behave like a programming language while not being a programming language.

It's a fucking mess. At least HTML behave like it is supposed to be, a markup language.

Same here, this is why I let the ladies stick with the design

I'm thinking about using this for my personal website
github.com/DenisKolodin/yew/blob/master/README.md

get someone else to do it, its a design skill mostly

use sass

defini tely

▲ ▲