5ghz Wifi is a fucking MEME. Fuck 802.11ac. It sucks cock

>get dual band wifi to avoid N wifi interference and get way faster speed
>find out there's only 2 usable 5ghz channels that get you the maximum speed.
>find out there's 10 people on 1 channel and 12 people on the other channel

Why do people say AC Wifi is good when it's even more limited than N Wifi?

Attached: wifi_80211ac.jpg (417x400, 53K)

You can use other channels
Any theoretical speed advantage you get from using specific channels you will never see in a practical scenario
If a channel is congested use another one

>If a channel is congested use another one
there's only 2, both used up

copper doesn't have this problem

5ghz WiFi has like 23 channels depending on region

5GHz doesn't pass through walls as easily. That's a disadvantage if you don't have close neighbors, but if you do it really helps to cut down on interference. Shit like microwaves won't interfere either. You can also get a better data rate on 5GHz

There are twelve 40MHz channels in the US. Get a better access point if you can't use them. Don't fall for the 80MHz+ meme, it just opens you up to more interference unless you're doing a high gain directional point to point link.

>shitty $30 router can barely handle just my room
>2.4G is faster than 5G
God bless my router
On my main wifi, I get like 60-70 off 5G but it's very unstable, 2.4G gets me like 40-45 but never drops out

>23 channels
Only 2 full speed channels are unrestricted in my region.

What shithole do you live in

What region?

>There are twelve 40MHz channels in the US.
And all the other router around you are using the 80mhz channels around you, overlapping with you and interfering with your wifi.

The US

Most routers are set automatically in auto channel 40/80 mode. They fall back into 40 if you start hitting one side of the channel.
Even in a dense apartment complex I've never had trouble finding a low interference channel somewhere between 2.4 and 5GHz. I think you might just be retarded.

Here's the US AC channel list. You can only use the green ones. The only one that isn't always been used is 165, and that's a slow ass 20mhz one.

Attached: graphic-80211-acChannels-all.png (1799x810, 207K)

This is why "WiFi 6" is a thing. Don't buy a WiFi 6 router for at least another 6 months to a year, though. They're all using 5GHz parts that just barely perform well enough in the 6GHz band to pass the specs.

I'm waiting for them to become affordable. Fuck this AC shit.

Of course its a meme.

5g is basically like a new iPhone:
New expensive shit that doesnt seem to bring any real advantages but somehow everybody wants to own it, because it's new.

People are dumb.

you're dumb

>5ghz Wifi is a fucking MEME
Wifi in general is a meme, use Ethernet whenever possible.

if you don't have a shit router you can use dfs channels when the gubermint isn't using them for radar

>tfw everyone and grandma finally moves over to 5GHz away from 2.4GHz

>GOOD NEWS GUYS! 8GHz is released!!!!
>a couple of Jow Forums switches off
HEY DONT WORRY ABOUT CONGESTION LETS ALL JSUT MOVE OVER!!!
>now all device manufacturing around bluetooth/wifi devices like mice and keyboards and routers and headphones will all run under 8GHz and the fucking cycle repeats

USE WIRED
USE WIRED
USE WIRED

You need to use the standard channels and make sure you enable multimedia something for it to actually be usably.

Fuck wifi. Most of my devices are using gigabit ethernet.

nice

While everyone is switching to 5ghz and more I'm still on comfy 2.4ghz N.
Except when heating something in the microwave. Then its fucked.

haha

but sir, the wireless transmission of the device is approaching speeds of 6quadrillion and is now faster than wired. please sir do the needful, buy our products.

I do band steering, one SSID for 2.4ghz and 5ghz, don't give a shit, don't have trouble with it either.

>only 2
what?

Attached: wifi.png (3840x2033, 299K)

yep, 2 80mhz channels