Is Neuralink real or just another meme like Hyperloop?

Is Neuralink real or just another meme like Hyperloop?

Attached: mpv_screenshot0803.jpg (1920x1072, 340K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/boringcompany/status/1131809805876654080
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He's a CIA stooge to make America seem like it's still at the tech forefront. Complete bullshit

Big joke.

Might help some army fag with amputated arms spill some soda.

Serial experiment lain showed us 21 years ago that this is not a good idea.

Attached: 1544640380526.jpg (1280x720, 50K)

I want more Lain so fucking bad but its never going to happen no matter how much of a cult status it gets.

Me too user. But I heard its licence recently got unprotected so who knows if something might come out of this.

From what was posted it looks legit. Although tests are pending. We already had some of the same tech tested in monkeys this is just a refinement of it. Be interesting to see when they post their monkey videos. It is an improvement over the current state of the art, but that's not saying much, cause the current state of the art(in humans) was designed in the 80s(utah array) and sort of just stagnated. Controlling a mouse with an implant like this has already been demonstrated. However unless you're paralyzed and didn't type that post yourself don't expect to be getting one anytime soon. It is unlikely we'll see them for consumer use in less than 10 years. Neural interfaces are some of the most exciting tech happening right now.

Watch ABe's other works in the meantime, like Haibane Renmei, Texhnolyze, NieA_7.

Why is Lain so attractive?

Attached: 1537407726864.jpg (1520x1080, 176K)

By attractive you mean like you want to hug her and pet her head, right? She is not for lewd.

Attached: tumblr_olhmd6OMpG1rmawi3o1_400.png (400x520, 195K)

You don't have to do lewd things to her to appreciate how physically attractive she is

Attached: 1508078209575.jpg (1520x1080, 205K)

>Elon dumps money into this and returning to the moon instead of carbon capture or alternative energy
Opportunity cost Elon ffs

Fbi please get this guy before Lain gets soiled

It's because you're a pedophile, user.

>pop-sci futurists losing their minds about it
meme until human trials.

Elon is a genius. Remember hyperloop? Yeah it's almost here, and it's fucking amazing, sweaty.

twitter.com/boringcompany/status/1131809805876654080

What a satisfying answer.

Attached: intellectual.png (618x421, 46K)

no. This is bad. you are bad. do not be bad.

Bill Gates is dumping money into your carbon capture garbage and Elon is invested in solar, batteries and electrical vehicles so just fuck off and go peddle your climate change cult elsewhere.

It already exists

Attached: UTB8CA79bgnJXKJkSaelq6xUzXXa2.jpg (1500x1500, 386K)

But what kind of knowledge to you need to work in this field? Looks interesting as fuck.
I just got a normal CS bachelor which Masters would you go for this sort of futuristic stuff?

>CS

Yes, I would like fries with that, thanks.

>no sleds
>users MUST own/rideshare a tesla
>point-to-point
>stations don't look like they can rotate to service multiple tunnels

desu I've never been envious of public transit (I live in a very small city) but this is not an improvement

Woah he invented a single lane car tunnel

There are public transport projects they are currently doing which operate sort of like trains, this is for point to point transit from the roadside but yes, Teslas only and no sleds is a big mistake.

Very real, just much less significant in the short term than some would like to believe people think. Neuralink is just bring interdisciplinary thinking to a field that's kind of stagnating. Nothing Neuralink has announced is untested. We've had people controlling mice and robots with BCIs for a long time, but until now it's just been research projects because the implants get coated in scar tissue rendering them useless within a few years, and they've required ports to be installed in the scalp that leave the patients at risk for infection. They also have required large external machinery, which, combined with the other factors, have left subjects unable to use the devices at home. What Neuralink has done so far is massive increase the number of electrodes, increase the depth they can be inserted to, made them flexible to reduce scarring, developed a robot to insert them without hitting blood vessels, and developed an ASIC small and low power enough to be embedded in the skull but powerful enough to handle amplification, analog to digital conversion, spike detection, and compression of 1024 channels simultaneously, as well as stimulate any 64 channels simultaneously. None of these things are new, but what is new is their combination and application to BCIs. The initial application they are pitching is incredibly tame, except full keyboard control. Full keyboard control would be very impressive and represent genuine progess on what's possible.

low bandwidth and shit.

Fortunately when the project goes bust the tunnels can be repurposed for something useful like subways.

If you actually want to advance the field, you need a PhD and a good research record.

samurai jack got more episodes

maybe lain might too

but I seriously fucking doubt it

I meant to >> this one

>autopilot
>implying they dont need you to instal a "tunnrl kid" with some fucking side training wheels
Also, this ideaor hyperloop look nice untill you start crunching number and you realize they dont scale at all and are there just for the super-rich to use