IPhone vs. Android

What does iPhone do better than Android?

Attached: 053C2368-AF47-4360-A613-72166F4EAE88.jpg (550x300, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/www.tomsguide.com/amp/us/iphone-is-better-than-android,news-21307.html
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/_/search/text/iJeet/
warosu.org/g/thread/S68630621#p68630775
youtu.be/MKJjLwMUPJI
zdnet.com/article/iphone-x-gets-speed-throttling-months-after-apple-said-it-probably-doesnt-need-it/
youtu.be/AUaJ8pDlxi8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

go back to discord nigger

Everything.

Deflection isn't facts.

Android sends pic messages in worse quality. iPhone sends pics in the same quality.

built-in screen recording with audio

"Muh custumization" is all Android users have, which really means "Muh need for 3rd party apps to do every basic thing"
google.com/amp/s/www.tomsguide.com/amp/us/iphone-is-better-than-android,news-21307.html

This. Imagine essentially choosing to have ads in your phone's UI like a lagdroid tard lol

You serious? Android has browsers which are capable of using actual service workers, basically using websites with the capabilities of an app, while on ios you have to install an app for doing anything more than displaying text and images. Ios also routinely deletes your localstorage, clearing all your preferences in websites. Want to use a custom navigation app to navigate to the location you got in a calendar appointment? Android: simply choose it. On ios you have to take a detour through apple maps. Android can basically do anything a pc can do, ios lets you use your toy only the way apple deems appropriate

You're evading your 500 years of bans street shitter.

Attached: 1532914817846.jpg (1336x873, 287K)

iPhone communicates better with iPhones over "sms" because iMessage takes over. So you get read reciepts, full quality picture messaging, facetime, etc.

iPhones also tend to get updates for longer and more frequently than Android devices, especially on the lower end.

However, you can't install a Jow Forums app on iOS without compromising your security through jailbreaking or installing shady credentials that allow you to access a malware infested app store. With Android it's as simple as using Fdroid (which is not based) or downloading the apk directly.

So if you're ok with living in a walled garden, iOS is fine and "Just Werks", but if you want anything besides what your masters at Google/Apple say, you're better off with an Android. iPhones are also overpriced.

iPhone has desktop browsers too. iPhone doesn't delete preferences unless you tell it to. You're already taking a detour using your custom calendar app. And you can select which map app to use.

You are wrong.
Every single browser on iPhones is just safari with a different skin. As such, it doesn't allow features like background notifications. I don't have to use a custom calendar app to be able to use a different navigation app. The android system of intents is much more powerful than the pre-chosen app selection apple gives you for certain tasks (sharing, making photos from within apps etc.)

Can't play Mario Kart Wii on iPhone

If this isn't enough to sway you to Android why would you even spend your time on a technology board.

The iJeet gets paid to be here.

Attached: 1535488998186.png (709x869, 522K)

ONE INFINITE LOO

>Every single browser on iPhones is just safari with a different skin.
Don't confuse Safari with Webkit. Webkit has been used with other browsers on other platforms and none of them could be called Safari.
Google's Blink is based on Webkit. Is it Safari too?

That doesn't refute the fact that Android doesnt send full quality images/vids.

Take your made up facts back to your designated shitting street iJeet. No one cares that snapchat devs are street shitters like yourself and don't know how to use a camera API.

OK. So get this. All browsers on iOS must use the EXACT SAME webkit as the default Safari. Hence, they are all skins for Safari's rendering engine, if a site doesn't work in one it doesn't work in any.

Google has forked webkit to create blink, they're now different things. Unless you think we're all just using KHTML, because that's where it comes from.

Firefox on Android gets to use it's own rendering engine, hence Android is superior for browser choice. Which is important, since you can't easily install an app to browse Jow Forums on iOS so you're stuck using Safari (or a webkit-based Safari remix)

He was referring to the compression that gets applied to everything you send via MMS.
They don't use WhatsApp in America, it's true!

everything except playing webms

blow up airplanes and children.

VLC player you nigger.

Thry both just.... suck.... so much. Shitty mobile OSes with gimped content creation abilities and backward ass API's, with the hardware locked out to the user. It's all a flaming garbage pit of wasted potential... but maybe someday we will get a half decent mobile OS.

Attached: 1521233651536.jpg (550x512, 31K)

android is a dumpster fire of shitty support and horrible security. Even google wants to get rid of it

>OSes with gimped content creation abilities

kek just wait until the full version of photoshop drops

Android is for modularity, flexibility and control.
iOS is for stability, simplicity and reliability.

Can we close this thread now?

>iOS is for stability, simplicity and reliability.
Also better support.

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/_/search/text/iJeet/

imagine being this guy

I’m sure there’s androids that have good water resistance, but I dropped my iPhone into a fucking lake a few weeks ago and it still works perfectly. My coworker splashed a little water on his android and fried it.

Why are you comparing hardware vs software?

I don't understand what you mean. If all browsers have to use the exact same implementation for the browser except for the design around the browser viewport, how is that any different to just being a reskinned safari?

same way chromium based browsers are their own things

No that's the opposite. Chromium have the same skin with (slightly) different programming. ios browsers are literally all safari but the look different. Google and Firefox once had to "fix" a safari bug by detecting bad behaviour and crashing the browser because they couldn't fix the underlying issue, because it was based in safari.

Attached: Screenshot_20190723-083222.jpg (1440x3120, 1.34M)

the good news is that being based in safari means no google botnet

Explode

If you don't like something like in Android you replace it? If you don't like something in iOS you suck dick.

>dont like the OS
replace it!
Then it's not stock anymore

iphone likes the other iphone. Only good thi g about applets

Instead Apple routes everything through its own services. Apple ain't better for your privacy at all, so that's a non argument

Nothing. Both spyware tracking device garbage no one on this fucking planet should be using and should be fucking banned from use.

Who cares if it's stock?

Both
iPhone are the image boosters. A respectable man goes to a job interview in a suit , shiny shoes and an iPhone in his pocket. If you want respect in your workplace get the Applel.
In basically every other scenario use an Android, a based chinkphone like Xiaomi or OnePlus

>it's all one guy
>he's been forcing it for months and doesn't see it won't catch on
Comedy gold

Imagine being this guy.

Attached: 1538476388149.webm (360x640, 1.26M)

>"Muh custumization" is all Android users have, which really means "Muh need for 3rd party apps to do every basic thing"
No, it isn't. Ad blocking, firewalls, open source fitness trackers, emulators, hundreds of audio and video players, open source maps and navigation software, hundreds of launchers and keyboards, file transfer the same way and not the Apple way, etc. And this is just the beginning.
And talk about needing third party apps for basic things - your iPhones achieve Android OEM firmware functionality by being jailbroken, forget when Android phones are rooted. You just gained a gimped but a real file manager last year...

Nothing. Worse device support, no tools of any kind, no freedom of any kind. It's basically a dumbphone OS which even lacked features dumbphones had, like a fucking file manager. iOS is literally stuck in 20th century.

>need for 3rd party apps to do every basic thing
You're thinking of iOS. And it's better to have functioning 3rd parties instead of trying to suck applel cock so that they implement a 1st party app, hoping it will have half as many features as android does.

>android is a dumpster fire of shitty support and horrible security. Even google wants to get rid of it
What horrible security? You can actually verify what exploit and how it got patched every month. And by the virtue of Android being open source - it's easier and faster to find exploits and fix them. Do I need to remind you of numerous iCloud disasters? Apple playing backdoors off as a "security and diagnostic" measure every time they got caught?
warosu.org/g/thread/S68630621#p68630775

Just... What? Do you compile code on your phone? Do you render on your phone?

>Pajeet makes a shill thread so he can reply to himself
>gets shat on for 99% of the thread
No rupees for you today iPajeet, you damaged the Apple and iPhone brand.

Attached: 1552721416089.gif (1200x1200, 2.7M)

>iOS is for stability, simplicity and reliability
Simplicity? Simplicity? You're kidding, right? It's been Apple way or fuck you since the beginning.
youtu.be/MKJjLwMUPJI
And stability and reliability? Your phones literally get battery throttled when Apple decides to and randomly shut down if you decide to turn that off. They also don't turn on with "non genuine spare parts".
What kind of a reliability and stability is that?
zdnet.com/article/iphone-x-gets-speed-throttling-months-after-apple-said-it-probably-doesnt-need-it/
youtu.be/AUaJ8pDlxi8

>Nothing. Both spyware tracking device garbage no one on this fucking planet should be using and should be fucking banned from use.
No. Librem 5 is still vaporware and like 10 years behind in everything on top of that.
Meanwhile, you can run an open source custom ROM on your Android phone without Gapps, but with microG. Currently the best deal going and something like that is never going to be close to being a thing on iOS.

>iJeet trying to "close" his own shill thread after Jow Forums turns it around 180 into an apple hate general

Attached: 1563358005831.png (500x486, 288K)

Android is for modularity, flexibility, control, stability, simplicity and reliability.
iOS is for street shitting.

Your fucking phone still runs non-free firmware and tracks you via cell triangulation, dumbfuck. No amount of free software on your phone is going to make it privacy-friendly.

>Your fucking phone still runs non-free firmware
Until your vaporware device becomes real, we won't know how it tries to combat this.
>and tracks you via cell triangulation, dumbfuck
Alright retard, explain to me how people on fucking Telegram, probably the last choice for people wanting secure messaging, were staging literal terrorist attacks and never got caught until someone decided to prove he's dumber than the rest of the herd by making such groups public. I guarantee you those people weren't using custom ROMs and even with triangulation which isn't exactly a trivial procedure didn't get caught.
I'm not defending non-free software or anything, I'm just saying not all forms of tracking are used often or are trivial to use.

desperate samefagging

>unironically citing that Rick Beato video where he essentially bitches and nitpicks about tiny things for 20 minutes
yeah, I'm not going to read this post any further

Attached: you wrote so much text.gif (252x263, 2.99M)

Attached: 1563873354718.png (657x263, 26K)

>it's ok bro, just take it in the ass any way Apple wants you to
No wonder you're an Apple user.
And what's wrong with his video exactly? Don't record producers constantly deal with Macs?

>Your phones literally get battery throttled when Apple decides to and randomly shut down if you decide to turn that off.
This is literally how battery throttling works. You're making a fail-safe mechanism sound like a bad thing. Samsung doesn't use battery throttling, sure, but my Galaxy S7 usually cuts off at about 35-40% so I think I'd prefer the throttling if I had to pick one.
If you replace the battery, neither throttling or shutdowns will happen.
>They also don't turn on with "non genuine spare parts".
Good. This is a safety issue. People use cheapshit batteries and are surprised when they explode.

nice inspect element work pajeet

>And what's wrong with his video exactly?
already explained that one. all of his complaints are insignificant.
"i don't like it when they change ports."
"i don't like facetime."
"i don't like how itunes gives you the ability to rate songs"
"i don't like the itunes "radio" function. i don't even know what this shit does lmao"
it's basically an old man shouting about how he doesn't like change for what feels like an eternity and has very little to do with record production at all.

Gee that was hard

Attached: Capture.png (403x116, 5K)

He literally says, "Radio? I don't even know what that is. That's useless."
A record producer said that.

I have both (S8 for personal use, iPhone 6 for work). I find it utterly amazing that I am not allowed to download a large app on the App Store over mobile data despite having an unlimited 4G LTE plan.

What change? It's just Apple doing things their own way and saying fuck you. There's no alternative to any of this behavior to the customer or benefit. How is any of this a plus for the consumer?

Fuck off. It's some iTunes redundant bullshit they added and you can do nothing about.

when companies move from one port to another, it's because that port is better. mr. beato complained about apple having moved from one standard of firewire to another, and then again, and then to thunderbolt 3, when the reality is that each and every time they dropped a standard in favor of another, it was an upgrade. and all you have to do to take advantage of that upgrade is simply switch to different cables.
complaining that you'd rather still be using first-gen firewire over thunderbolt 3 in 2019 is like complaining that you would rather be using floppy disk drives simply because it's familiar, despite the fact that usb is miles better and more practical. the transition may be inconvenient, but the benefits outweigh the drawbacks.
rick beato is proof that you can be a genius in one area (music) and a total fucking idiot in another (technology).

>I hate it when they add features I don't have to use at all.

>just a notification instead of a universal backdoor capable of throttling you can't really do anything about
And for the second point literally see any Louis Rossman video about spare parts.

This thread is just argument for the sake of argument.

for me iphone
never going back to lagdroid

try harder lagdroid streetshitter

Attached: 1496801092997.png (1378x1008, 107K)

1. Stock OS, no chink spyware or bloatware.
2. Updates.

I can't think of anything else that would be relevant for 99% of people.

>What does iPhone do better than Android?
Taking your money.

>system updates
>muh """stock OS""" and spyware
>relevant to 99% of people
Just because you care about this doesn't mean everyone does. Normies don't even know that system updates exist nor do they know how much of a wiretap their phones are, and usually don't care.

They don't know what a security update is, but it still affects them.

It really doesn't

>iPajeets still desperately trying to turn an Apple Hate General thread around

Attached: 1549759089918.gif (1263x959, 1.56M)

All android does better is visual customization, emulators/piracy, wider variety of price points/options for buying, and the galaxy note series. Everything else is retarded shit