Is this real?

Is this real?

Seems awfully high, unless living costs make wages artificially high.

Attached: average-python-software-developer-salaries-indeed20190502.png (1110x1075, 46K)

I feel like "python programmer" includes shit like data scientists with phds

It's funny that Cali earns only a little more while those cucks pay 5 times more for housing.

>thinking Colorado is cheap

>tfw live in wisconsin and know python
so where do i find this $113k job?

lol no this isn't right. i live in illinois and this could only probably includes only senior level developers in chicago.

Ever since weed was legalized the cost of living in Colorado has gone through the roof. Their teachers are threatening to quit because they still make $40k.

Did people move there just to smoke weed ? What a bunch of losers, stoners are trash.

dunno about colorado, but I live in texas and you can live like a god here with $120k in any major city (austin/dallas/houston). No fucking way making only $25k more in Cali is worth it but I'm pretty sure this chart is false anyway, experienced devs in SF should make way more than that. I know people who got $150k TC entry-level as fresh grads

It's skewed because of AI and data science. Python is used heavily in both fields.

No, a major repressed industry decided to set up shop and make Denver the capital of such companies in America.

Also there is a major change happening in California where people are moving away because they now dislike the place, but they're idiots so they will only move to places they identify very closely with California, like Colorado, Washington, etc. They're leaving a place to turn those other places into California 2.0.

Some people don't want to live in a giant McMansion in the suburbs and commute 2 hours every day.

The homeless did.
Denver has been a tech city since the early 2000s (dot com bubble). The wealthier population moving in is due to that.

nigga I live in a luxury apartment and walk 10 minutes to my workplace

TX checking in to echo the OP looks about right for here also.
Wisconsin seems unrealistically low, given that Epic (healthcare, not games) offers 105k to anyone who can code their way out of a paper bag

>living costs make wages artificially high.
They do. Flip this graph around if you want to see how these salaries actually feel in the listed locations. NY and CA are tax hellscapes for everyone but the ultrarich.

Attached: 1429660813684.png (1000x1400, 713K)

Epic's interview is actually kinda hard though. I have a friend who get rejected by them, apparently he had to do a 4-hour long video technical interview which involved coding up graph algorithms and shit

A lot fucking cheaper than CA while also being first world and not full of human trash aside from CA and TX transplants

It has nothing to do with weed you retard, the city got gentrified hard and being one of the places willing to go "hey maybe this law is backwards and completely pointless" in general is a perk

Inb4 angry underage straight edge edgelords with ms paint infographs

It’s really not anymore. Housing market here is fucking lunacy

Colorado is full of them lol

With a $120k you can do okay in Austin, but fuck me if I'd ever live there for any length of time again. Rent anywhere near Downtown is too damn high, and its' section of I-35 is honestly some of the worst traffic in the state at any given point of the day. It's also way too much of a fucking tourist trap these days.

What the fuck. Four hours?