Python vs JavaScript

What language is better for creating a videogame? Let's say something like Pokemon or Stardew Valley? I've heard that Python can give problems with performance in videogames.
But JavaScript seems too complicated for a beginner, and the tutorials are a little complex. Please Jow Forumsanons, answer.

Attached: 118961651.jpg (1280x720, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/miloyip/game-programmer
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Brainfuck

HTML5

Nice troll replies.

1st) Unless you are trying to build in the web browser video games I would probably stay away from JavaScript for game creation. This is not to say that JS cannot or shouldn't be used for game development, its just not typical.
2nd) If you are just beginning to program, you should focus on the basics and how to accomplish simple tasks not focus on trying to build out some master vidya ... you need a solid foundation at this point more than anything.
3rd) Since you need a solid foundation and you like gaming I would recommend C++ or C# for you to learn first.
4th) At some point (near the beginning of your journey) you need to just start programming your own stuff. Don't just copy code you see in tutorials and shit and keep doing that expecting to learn. Type each character while learning into your text editor.
5th) Create your own projects and work with others on crowd sourced projects on Github, etc.
6th) Try and learn how to search Google to answer questions you have. Work hard to understand the concepts behind the code that you write, it will make you a very well-rounded programmer.
7th) Best of Luck Fren

C++ you mong. If you want to be a pleb you could use JS with Unity.

I mean, Python, I guess, cause of Pygame, but I'd recommend C#/C++. Anyhow here's a developer's path github.com/miloyip/game-programmer and do what this guy says

Attached: file.png (423x546, 545K)

You don't want to use either of those for a game. Try using godot, GDscript will prepare you for learning other scripting languages.

no one makes video games from scratch any more

learn gaming engines

Go

What do you mean? You don't need to know another language to code in Godot? I was thinking that GDscript was just support.

It's a lot easier to make a game in JS, and a lot more people will play it since it will likely be on the browser. You can even use JS on the backend and make it multiplayer. If you ever decide to make it into a desktop app, you can just bundle it with electron.

JS is the clear winner unless you're doing AI because for some reason Tensor Flow prefers Python.

>You don't need to know another language to code in Godot?
No, why would you? All the more hardware intensive stuff is written in C++ but you don't have to worry about any of it.

>No, why would you?
Because you can't program a whole game in GDscript? Is not a limited language or something like that?

Use C++ or C#

Figure out which gaming engine you want to use and go from there, but both Python and JavaScript are WAY too slow to be used seriously in game development

This is the least intelligent thing I've read today. I've read bait threads and they weren't as stupid as this.
Are you afraid of JS being hard OP? Is this why you're considering Python?
If you think learning a language is a barrier just give up now, you're not gonna make even into the indie video game industry. Also both languages are terrible for this, rather than checking which language has the nicer syntax, you should be checking for which ones offer the best libraries and frameworks for game development, because that's the really challenging part.
And in case you didn't figure it yet, OP, I'm telling you to learn C++, C# or GML if you're ok with being stuck in 2D games.

Attached: 158613987496.jpg (900x900, 83K)

Python is great if you're just getting started with programming. You can make simple games with pygame. For anything more serious just use c++.

Only use ANSI C only dumb niggers use pythyon or javascript.

>JS
>To make a game
I mean realistically you wouldn't use either

Attached: 20ddxfaz1ws21.png (586x578, 34K)

They're both viable.

I think JS is going to perform better, not because it's an inherently more efficient design, but because browser vendors have been optimizing the snot out of their JS engines for decades. Also, with JS, you won't have the same GIL issues that Python has if concurrency matters to you.

If you're making something like Stardew Valley or Pokemon, and you're not a complete retard with your algorithms, Python will still be plenty fast enough. And something like PyPi can give you better performance as well.

Python is also easier to use for standalone applications. If you don't want your game to bundle an entire browser engine, it's a bit harder (although not impossible) to make JS do anything useful. That's not really what JS was designed for.

if you're a complete novice to programming, Python is much easier to start out with.

If you want to make programming a career, either language can get you a job. Both are very employable skills.