Any other distros like puppy? The ability to have persistence no matter what, a distro designed to run on a USB

Any other distros like puppy? The ability to have persistence no matter what, a distro designed to run on a USB.

Its my fuck around linux on my easy2boot drive. I know you can make persistence with .mnu files, but I have had no luck with it. Plus, I love easy2boot because you don't have to run some gay ass program just to add one distro or windows 10 iso to your drive.

So what is the best version of puppy, is their something better for USB mutiboot drives?

Attached: puppy-linux[1].png (615x346, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mirror.slitaz.org/iso/rolling/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

antiX allows you to do the same, just boot with persistence enabled

SliTaz, Porteus

DebianDog

MX Linux

All of them can if you just install it to the USB as if it were a regular HDD.

this

puppy linux is redundant

/thread
usb drives are big enough now that you don't need a special highly-compressed rootfs anymore

I dont know how to install linux on easy2boot. I like having windows isos and tools on my USB. installing linux on it kinda fucks that up.

just make the first partition fat32 for use for other stuff
heck, make it your ESP (efi boot), since it needs to be fat32 anyway

if it's a big enough usb you can just partition it

Puppy runs off ram though, limits writing to USB. It's a good idea.

can't install shit to puppy making its usability zero. It's also ugly as sin

Whats a better USB linux distro that limits writes? Im not being a dick, If their is one, I want to know.

you can limit writes by getting rid of swap, running firefox without cache and some gnome specific tweaks

no swap, no journaling, lib_eatmydata for other bullshit

About 9 years ago I was very nomadic and poor. I biked everywhere and kept two thumbdrives on me. One with my stuff and one with Puppy Linux.

Puppy Linux came with a shitload of tools like a web server and a desktop personal wiki. It was perfect for being mobile and nomadic while getting shit done.

It's CPU/RAM needs were almost nothing. I could boot it on any powerful PC and even PCs with 218MB of RAM and a 300MHz CPU and even on that machine it still ran fast as fuck.

Recently, before you made this thread, I needed something like that for a new task and looked up old Puppy Linux.

It's base requirements are (compared to what they used to be) FUCKING HUGE. It used to run fast as fuck on a 300MHz box my grandma had. Now the website says it needs a MINIMUM 1GHz to run at all. The website said. But the desktop still looks like the same software. It's not GNOME or KDE now. So what the fuck? Amd I missing something about how current Puppy Linux works or something?

Attached: 1562091388222.jpg (240x162, 12K)

SliTaz still does what it says on the tin, fwiw

50mb fully installed

yeah journaling, that shit is horribly buggy. I don't even know why linux still uses swap and browser caches. It's all just asking to trash your drive. I always disable that shit even on normal installs.

linux kernel is heavy as fuck these days.

mirror.slitaz.org/iso/rolling/ Why is this web server generating little broken QR code next to each link?

There's one that changes desktops based on your amount of RAM. That's annoying. Which one is just the normal one?

>slitaz-rolling.iso
>current preferred ISO to download.

That's the one that says it'll switch the desktops around on you. Thanks though.

so just pick another option if you want, it's only the default