What happened to Dell Jow Forums?

What happened to Dell Jow Forums?

Their P4 desktops used to be everywhere.

Attached: Dell-Dimension-8300-Refurbished-Desktop-Tower-PC-front-Frgiliana.jpg (3008x3008, 1.08M)

Now their SB/IB/HSW Optiplex are everywhere

My college library has officially moved to thin clients using vmware
However everywhere else on campus they use Dell Optiplex

Literally still everywhere
Optiplexes
Just Fucking millions of optiplexes, everything runs on an optiplex. Every cash register, every McDonald's self order screen, every toll booth, every school and office desktop is an optiplex

Honestly it's great for the super budget types of computer users, used market is flooded with them

Thin clients belong in the dumpster.

I won't even deny that, they're horrible to use and take forever to login to but it made the library a lot more quieter at least

Hot take I unironically like the design of optiplex towers
Shame about the internals though

Attached: 1534354579_1429483.jpg (1000x1000, 120K)

Taking forever to log in is an issue with the implementation. When my work moved from local to virtualisation everything radically increased in speed due to all the security shit not making the CPU sit at 100% for a few minutes as it booted

They give off that formal business aesthetic. If it was an outfit it would be a charcoal suit, it drives a navy blue Honda Accord, it has a coffee cup with nothing printed on it, it hasn't spoken over quiet conversation volume in 2 months, etc

I realized I'm just making fun of my uncle now and I feel bad, but god damn do the new optiplexes look like that generic cubicle dwellers entire life

I'm sitting in my university library and there must be literally hundreds of Dells here. And I'm writing this on my own Dell laptop. Also, in my other day job, all our work PCs are Dells.

Maybe you just mean that they're not used on home computing as much? That baton has been passed to Apple and HP, but in the business/mass consumerist market they are still huge.

>tfw your uni uses thinkstations
comfy

Attached: thinkstation-p520c.jpg (1000x1000, 102K)

I stole a GTX 1070 out of a think station at uni

Based and Tyronepilled

based

the virgin GPU purchaser vs the CHAD gpu theft

>yes I rip GPU's out of university computers like a fucking caveman
>how could you tell

Attached: file.png (202x249, 37K)

Attached: file.png (430x378, 249K)

what? how? they've got padlocks

>tfw your corporate purchasing only buys HP and their shitty towers

God tier

God damn, that case has to be the single most ubiquitous computer case ever produced. I have used dozens of these, and seen thousands over the years. My work still had pallets of them.

I've thought about getting one (since they're basically free) and modding it to take an ATX motherboard and turn it in to a sleeper computer.

I use a Thinkstation D20. They are indeed comfy.

Did they go to standard mount locations? I seem to recall Dell moving the mounts to fit their designed mother boards.

Also, I found some in the garbage pile and it booted up just fine.

most padlocks take around a minute to pick with the right tools for an amateur picker, seconds for a master

My parents had one of those and the jews at Geek Squad convinced them to scrap the whole thing because the HDD died. Replaced it with a shit Vista Dell that had the same problen a few years later, which they also scrapped.

>I've thought about getting one (since they're basically free) and modding it to take an ATX motherboard and turn it in to a sleeper computer.
I could never do that. i have nothing but bad memories associated with those pieces of shit. At least my beige case looks nice and clean.

i have a desktop version. it's absolute fucking cancer and loud as fuck.
> what happened
they kept making terrible computers.

We live in a great fuckin age

They're pretty beefy machines for how goddamn cheap you can get them

Give it back, Jamal

In the electronics lab they went with tiny little things (because of the need to fit oscilloscopes and shit) but they still have i7s, so the fans were running at full tilt most of the time.

now its just the sound of failing bearings every time you go in there.

my school was still using dust-clogged c2d ones when I left. those were barely tolerable as it is.

You're better off doing it with an optiplex tower, those are at least ATX compatible

Attached: 51eiJ7hBXwL.jpg (387x500, 43K)

We have shitty HP AIOs

>New Optiplex
Here's your PSU BRO

Attached: obrazek_1__6[1].jpg (536x984, 98K)

>obrazek
hello there my fellow polish friend

They sell laptops these days.

I don't envy you either lol. I work in multiple locations so I have to use one of their shitty "Revolve" laptops. Windows 7 era convertible with a resistive touchscreen and 4GB of RAM soldered in, so no upgrades.

>Thinking Jamals understand how computers work.

They look like the just copied the last gen of lenovo workstations.

That said, yeah, they look nice. I have the optiplex 9020 which looks like a cheap mid 00's toy.

Attached: 815-1IN+8PL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 18K)

I only buy Dell monitors, their QC is on point.

Looks better than 90% of gaming rigs for sure.

So many memories of these fuckers.

>their QC is on point
don't agree with that at all. and their warranties can't be trusted. all pajeet all the time

Nope; that's the name of the image. Asian here.

tyronnneeeeee give it backkkkkkkkk

My current desktop is a series of incremental upgrades to a Pentium 4 HT Dell Dimension 4700. The only things that are still the same now are the sound card, the boot hard disk, and the Debian Sid installation.

The Dimension 4700 is at least micro-ATX. Not some proprietary crap like their older boards.