So I posted a thread here yesterday asking for help with my new mobo and Ryzen CPU...

So I posted a thread here yesterday asking for help with my new mobo and Ryzen CPU. Mobo is a MSI B450 Gaming Plus and CPU is a Ryzen 3600. Had to update the BIOS to get the mobo to recognize the CPU and I was having issues doing that yesterday. After flashing the BIOS 3 times, the fucking mobo finally decided to start recognizing the CPU and the red EZ Debug light for the CPU turned off.

Now I'm experiencing another issue, the red EZ Debug light for DRAM is turning on, meaning the mobo's having issues reading the RAM. RAM sticks I'm using are brand new Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200Ghz. I've tried using only one stick, two sticks in both color DIMM slots, one stick in each individual slot. Nothing, the fucking thing won't even read it. The stick heats up, but I get no display or anything. I'm on the verge of returning this piece of shit mobo and getting something good.

Attached: 13-144-191-V01.jpg (640x480, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kSCVahyh3Dk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

those lights are not very reliable mine were doing the same thing and it was an issue with the motherboard bios, fixed after resetting it to factory bios

not your tech support.
msi x470/b450 boards dont have enough physical BIOS memory to store the new bioses. get a b450 max when they come out

hope you fry all of your components techlet

Attached: file.png (244x248, 53K)

How am I running it on b450 perfectly fine second day of launch? hmm

I have that mobo running a 2600 for a home server with FreeNAS
never had a problem

depends a lot. lots of people are crying on msi forums that it doesnt work, but some people say it works.
i wonder if it could somehow have something to do with chipset yields? it sure is weird.

People who update their BIOS are crazy. I only will use a mobo if it ships with the correct BIOS from factory. Even if you get it working today a significant amount of the time you get some obscure incompatibility issue down the road.

>last gen motherboard
>current gen processor
>correct BIOS

Retard. There's a light BIOS for last gen motherboards now.

Also retard. We're not talking about last gen processors.

not this guys tech support. making a comment insulting dullards who will piss their money away on *upgrades* instead of building a solid machine on day 0.

This is why I don't buy MSI.
youtube.com/watch?v=kSCVahyh3Dk

>haha, those dullards, why didn't they just buy a $400 motherboard for their $200 CPU

There's nothing wrong with flashing a BIOS and the only time you're really going to run into an issue is if it's some proprietary bullshit BIOS from a pre-built computer. It can easily be resolved with a CH341a that cost like 5 bucks.

You should always look up the manual for any mobo you plan on buying and stick with the specified RAM it says it supports.

>CH341a
Just got one in the mail yesterday and am going to try and fix a B450 Gaming Plus funnily enough. It won't even recognize the 1600 I had in it originally now. Pretty annoying.

Don't be discouraged if the extension clip is garbage and doesn't work. You can pull the BIOS chip out and drop it into the top of the unit directly if need be. Just use a soft touch when you are pulling it if you have to. That being said the last mobo I repaired I bent the living shit out of the pins and thought I had wrecked it but it was fine after I carefully bent them back into place.

>AMD Poozen
Found your problem

hey retard, maybe you should get a 3rd gen MOBO first.
or use a Ryzen 2xxx cpu

brainlet

Attached: tumblr_ov9o9mBmEh1r3grmwo1_1280.png (1280x849, 103K)

Return it, buy a Crosshair VI Hero X370, flashback the bios , enjoy your premium motherboard for 100 USd

My 3600 is running perfectly fine in a B350 with the last BIOS update.

You buy second rate components you have a second rate experience.

Consider returning the rypoo bargain basement build and swapping it for a quality Intel system.

Intel is smoother, faster, quieter and better supported.

Attached: 1540411414114.gif (402x308, 12K)