Screen eyes

How do you guys avoid eye strain looking at screens for such long periods of time?
I've been in a desk job (programmer) for over a year now and enjoy most aspects of it. But the eye strain, man. It's giving me real bad dry eyes and making them water a lot.

Attached: burning-eyes-1.jpg (800x492, 68K)

I never get dry eyes, unless I've been up for 12+ hours

look at distant objects every once in a while.
sleep well.
have high quality, IPS monitor.
have sex

if shit persists just visit a doctor as that shouldnt be the norm.

Good ambient illumination, appropriate brightness

take regular breaks from looking at the screen, every hour take a short 5 minute walk around the office and allow your eyes to rest.
use a high quality screen.
use nightlight mode if you work when its dark.
use a dark color scheme to ease the stress on the eye

t. someone who writes code for living

seriously, what's with normies like OP not able to fucking use a damn PC?
if you get eyes like that, you're obviously fucking doing it wrong.
>fucking match your shitty display with the ambient light in the room
>have decent posture and don't rub your nose on the display
>take some breaks and don't stare at it like a retard for 3h straight
>check if your display has PWM flickr (you could test this with a camera or phone holding in front of the display and look out for flickering or bars moving up and down, the image should stay still) background light flicker is a huge problem, especially when it's lower than 300Hz

Attached: error_error_error.gif (239x306, 96K)

>use a dark color scheme
congrats, depending on the ambient light, you just made matters worse.

please explain when dark color scheme makes it harder for the eyes

In a normal room with an unobstructed, decent window at daytime.

which is exactly when you don't use a dark theme, retard

Low brightness, and either use redshift or get a monitor with blue light filters built in. I lost my vision considerably after staring with my face close to a fully bright white screen for work and that's what's kept it from getting worse.

>please explain when dark color scheme makes it harder for the eyes

?

So what, do you sleep 12 hours a day or did you fall for some polyphasic meme? Like wtf

He answered your question about when the dark theme makes it harder, you absolute drooling idiot

I don't have this problem.

Probably because I do what says, without the "dark color/nighlight" bullshit, but with setting luminosity to low levels.

your eyes will get fucked as a programmer, it's inevitable.

I think it can depend on air conditioning.

Match screen brightness to ambient brightness as much as possible. So if you're in a cave like 90% of people here, absolute minimum brightness of your monitor + dark themes.

Stop watching dem Chinese seizure cartoons OP.

I simply don't get eye strain.

Blink a lot. Take regular breaks.

Don't stare at the screen when thinking about what to do/problem solving. Much more enjoyable to stare out a window at trees or something. Take regular coffee/smoke/drink breaks.

How exactly did you lose your vision?

Attached: file.png (261x400, 137K)

Attached: Screenshot 2019-05-26 at 22.37.05.png (1172x1560, 925K)

Is staring at stuff in the dark bad for you?

absolutely.

I do none of this and never had problems.
How fucked am I? (80% of my day is spent using a screen)

Use eye drops every once in a while.

Attached: gunnar-Phenom.jpg (1500x624, 87K)

This, also get a bigger screen so you move your eyeballs around, i get eye strain in a matter of an hour when i use my small laptop, never happens on desktop with 32" display.

Ditch your shitty flickering pwm controlled monitor.

don't look at high contrast environments

I'm sure they help with eyestrain, but I don't like the yellow

Turn down the brightness of your monitors and have good room lighting.

I can be on my pc for 18hrs and no eye strain, then i start playing a competitive game and i get eye strain and bloodshot eyes after a couple hours. It's all about how intently focused you are, I don't think I blink enough when im focused. But watching something relaxing or whatever i blink more and might take my eyes off the screen for a second or two.

I've been looking at screens all the time since very young, looking at a screen is the natural state for my eyes.

That image and the text in it implies that you should match the surroundings. Most of the things in my room are dark, not light, ergo I use dark themes.

Using a screen in a dark environment is even worse, for other reasons though. Just turn on some fucking lights and use dark text on light background senpai