*randomly breaks*

*randomly breaks*

Attached: 1200px-Tux.svg.png (1200x1414, 259K)

Nothing is random, friend. God hates you gamer faggots and bitflipped your installation.

*posts bait thread*

*sages your post*

*works on my machine*

*revert to backup and move on with life

It's actually Windows that randomly breaks. When Linux breaks it's almost gauranteed to be your fault.

>implying im in the wrong
fuck you and fuck linux

You actually are though, Linux is far more reliable than Windows, unless you use Arch or some other meme maybe.

Arch won't randomly break on you either unless you update like a blind spastic or fuck with the system like any other distro

Yeah I would be surprised if anything managed to be as unreliable as Windows is. 10 has actually unrecoverably bricked itself for me before just doing mandatory updating.

herrshh err err harmf muhmumuh derf duhduh hershh

>Install Kubuntu
>It Just works
Dabbing on you faggot

cope

>When Linux breaks it's almost gauranteed to be your fault.
Wheras with Windows it's always a driver.

Driver or updates.

don't be so hard on yoursef

>be on loonix
>click update
>reboot
>whole system is fucked
>it's my fault because I wanted to keep my system up to date

Literally never happens.

Nothing on Linux happens without a reason, unlike Windows

>tfw this happened to you but instead of linux it was windows

Happened to me twice, once on manjaro and once on Linux mint

Actually that's happened to me on Windows before, but never Linux.

Manjaro is Arch, an unstable rolling release. Breakages are expected, you *are* reading the mailing lists before updating right?

Mint uses their own repos on top of Ubuntu, it's a Frankenstein mess of repositories. No wonder it broke. Use Ubuntu or elementary OS.

*Randomly breaks*

Attached: windows-10-s-splash-100720578-large.jpg (700x492, 16K)

Devuan is, by far, the most stable linux OS on the market. That or pre-systemd Debian.

*Randomly gays*

Attached: macoshero.jpg (1200x939, 54K)

Okay, I'm pretty fucking pro-Linux, but that's goddamn objectively false and you know it. It happens all the time. Just because it's never happened to YOU doesn't mean that it doesn't happen period. Every single distro will have issues like that in their support forums, bug trackers or IRC channels. Sometimes it's something really simple, such as someone making a mistake on the distro's end and doing something like releasing a kernel update package but forgetting to release ALL of the graphics driver updates and a bunch of users end up with systems booting to a black screen because their graphics drivers are incompatible with their kernel version. This happened quite a few times with Debian stable in years past, and still happens with smaller distros to this day. It isn't always the fault of the user. Linux systems can become very fucking delicate, depending on specific package versions of multiple dependencies, etc. It's very easy for one tiny mistake to break users systems through no fault of their own. I've been using Linux for almost 24 years and I've given support to hundreds of users (if not thousands) over the years for their system breaking from normal package upgrades on supposedly stable distributions.

you mean *always gays*

This. I use Windows 10 because I refuse to use a gimped OS that doesn't support my hardware until months, sometimes years later. I.e. Screen tearing on a 2080Ti still present. Anyway, on a FRESH install of a legit Windows 10 Pro key, I had to use DDU to purge the streamlined Nvidia drivers given by default which are classified as "DCH" drivers. I.e. OEM for mass installs. Then I had to remove myself from the internet to not have them re-install after a reboot just so I can get up to date drivers for my card.

All of this with a fresh install. Fucking garbage.

I used Windows for over 10 years and I never had a single issue, not even a blue screen

>I use Windows 10 because I refuse to use a gimped OS
quite a contradiction user

Being able to dick around in a terminal isn't the same as having working hardware/software suites. I used to have Ubuntu with KVM/GPU passthrough it was just never worth the hassle.

Nobody believes you

>did you forget to sudo apt-get rm -m --pi --upgrade retry reinstall reupgrade then reboot and run grep after running gsxpes and scfidsf? Are you an idiot

Attached: 1346946663684.jpg (300x300, 25K)

>when Linux breaks it's almost guaranteed to be Nvidia's fault
FTFY

the difference is that it's virtually always safe to update blindly in Ubuntu

>give linux the benefit of the doubt
>install ubuntu
>this is cool I guess
>install KDE since everyone says its better than GNOME
>now I have two of everything and it crashes or hangs up unresponsive all the time

cmon guys if you want to convince me shit like this has to stop

>randomly
imagine being this braindead

*xorg breaks*
Mom...

>HDD breaches after opening windows explorer

Installs new gpu
Windows: low res and refreshrate, no opengl or dx support until appropriate drivers are installer.

Linux: fuck you here is a tty, have fun finding and installing drivers from this terminal faggot.

if it's a new AMD gpu, the drivers are open source and built into the kernel. sometimes you have to install the amdgpu package though.

if it's an nVidia gpu, well fuck you for buying nVidia. Nouveau should work well enough to get you graphics so you can install the proprietary drivers.

lmao cope harder

>once on manjaro and once on Linux mint
>manjaro
>linux mint
ok, now tell me.
Who the fuck, is maintaining this distribution?
Nobody told you to use those.
No one but the shills who benefit from you using them.
Ubuntu is mostly Debian packages maintained by a corporation.
Fedora is maintained by Red Hat which is the king in Linux revenue, and a few industries like Dell.
Debian is sponsored by quite a few industries, a lot of developers working on them.
CentOS is sponsored by both Red Hat and a lot of industries like Debian and Fedora.
If you only chose one of these (heck, even gentoo has shit ton of developers and is stable as fuck) you would have no problems.

Meanwhile in POOland Manjaro, PopOS!, fork #23132 of debian is maintained by literal pajeets and zoomers trying to make a project for their university or trying to gain some shekels by sketchy donations (like mint modifying donation buttons in programs).
Ignore these, they are heavily shilled here by maintainers of those distributions with fucking no shame.
Fuck you, retarded shills.

> t. never used linux

ITT: People too stupid to use Windows.

happened to me once or twice

>denigrates Pop! OS
>says how good distributions are backed by corporations
>doesn't realize that Pop! is backed by the #1 Linux computer merchant

I agree though, Mint is a clusterfuck, as is Manjaro.

randomly works

hahahaahahaahahahahahahahahahahasasjhkfas;kljfahiousdfahhaahahahahahaha

COPE & DILATE

the only oses that dont break randomly are the BSDs, linux is even more prone to breaking after updating that windows

debian and redhat and everything based on those two are absolute garbage and prone to breakage, literally worse than windows. the only usable linux distors are gento and slackware. youre eating shit and loving it

windows and linux won't break if you halt updates, stop being super mega ultra autistic. the only operating systems that don't break are bsd, minix and os/2 ok

Nice LARPing. Gentoo and Slackware are among the worst. Protip: a distro should make it easier to use your computer and install software, not harder for the sake of hardness.

I had a client I was maintaining their RHEL environments. First rack was all RHEL6, second rack was RHEL7. Each rack was dedicated to a SAS deployment.

Red Hat has updates for RHEL6. yum check update shows mad updates. yum update and move on to the next machine.After all are updated, reboot the machines. As each comes up I notice that the desktop is broken on several of them... as in GDM is broken and random Gnome packages have been removed. But it's not consistent. Though all of the machines had been updated to the same level prior to this update, only a bit less than half of the machines have this issue. Checked into it and it's a known issue with Red Hat fully aware and NO FIX other than to completely re-install Xorg and Gnome.

Instead of doing that, I flipped all of the broken machines to KDE and KDM and they worked fine again. The devs and CEO was a bit annoyed with the inconsistency in the environment, but after explaining it they were ok.

Neither of those is a problem.
>waaaaa why isn't my OS configured for all possible hardware configurations?!?!?!

First day on linux champ? all the debian and red hat shit breaks constantly, enjoy all your bug regressions and having your system become unbootable everytime you upgrade

You're a badass user. I'll let you know this though, I've used Debian since Wheezy and nothing ever broke on an upgrade release. You don't know what you're talking about, you're just a try hard trying to gain rep "points" for using gentoo or slackware. Of course, it broke for other people and it might break for me one day, and the same applies to every distro.

This. Slaves will screech and shout, but in the end, they know it's true.

Linux is a kernel.

Gentoo is unironically the most stable distribution.
Something as basic as installing multiple package versions causes apt to shit itself into dependency hell, while it just werks in Portage.

Multiple package versions?
Like multiple versions of the same package?

Linux users deserve to be stomped on

Attached: e3d54f05f9e5156c30a0468e708a83d6.jpg (800x600, 106K)

>linux break
>have to delve into a shit ton of forum posts to identify the problem then try fixing it using obscure commands in the CLI and praying you're fixing what needs to be fixed and aren't fucking the installation further

>windows break
>find broken driver, download and reinstall it

Attached: 1547668898770.jpg (540x360, 40K)

>When Linux breaks it's almost gauranteed to be your fault.

>what is systemd

Something that is not Linux. What kind of argument is this?