Is Jow Forums old enough to remember when encryption software couldn't be legally exported from the US?

Is Jow Forums old enough to remember when encryption software couldn't be legally exported from the US?

Looks like we're going back to those times, but in reverse.

Attached: 1563934126405.png (1198x469, 70K)

Jow Forums will love and support this

welp time for Chinese phones when in the West

At least they are trying to be honest about backdoors. Who software do you think doesn't have backdoors?

GNU/Linux

Terry A. Davis's

It’s sad but true. Nu/g/ is filled with bootlicking redditorfags

PIA is proven secure

This will end up with Google and Facebook being (voluntarily) backdoored, but with anyone smart enough to avoid those botnets still enjoying secure communication.

Once again, 99% of the populace will have their privacy violated and their security compromised for no good reason at all, because it is and will always remain possible for bad guys to communicate outside of those popular channels.

What makes you believe hardware manufacturers will be exempt? Both major x86 vendors already have coprocessors running closed source code on every model, and all smartphones have a similarly sketchy baseband processor.

Orange Man Bad Beep Boop

Attached: Orang_Back.png (500x375, 94K)

Faggot nigger kike tranny
I'll never know how many ledditors I sent to the ER from panic attacks lmao

the United States cannot realistically compete with China if it can't control its citizens

what, you don't trust the US security apparatus?

Attached: sqqq.png (999x1331, 276K)

> you can lock your valuables in a safe but you must give big brother a key to it.

And the media is too deep into Orange-Man-Bad! to cover issues like this.

China controls its citizens without compromising every single electronic device within its borders. They crack the endpoints instead of idiotically making the medium vulnerable.

The AG has no power to enforce this.

THIS
PIA is the most secure VPN in the world and have been proven in court not once but TWICE to not log users. Im such a die-hard fan I couldnt resist getting their badass logo tattooed on my arm.

Attached: mytattoo.jpg (900x1200, 139K)

>they crack the endpoints
so....every single electronic device within it's borders.

Yes I remember WebTV.

You first.

Proof
>Ehehe those are just bugs

I appreciate the sacrifice of that arm to let everyone know to never get something tattooed on you that's made up of mostly straight lines.

Attached: file.png (448x274, 55K)

the malware that police in Xinjiang install on suspects' phones is restricted to just those devices, you stupid git

Attached: mmmm.png (480x226, 31K)

If your device is also sold in Saudi Arabia, India, or China then just assume that it's backdoor, because companies legally can not sell devices there unless those countries have full control. Every company that tried to fight quickly caved in for the cash.

>Is Jow Forums old enough to remember when encryption software couldn't be legally exported from the US?
It still is illegal, brainstem.

What is the reason for backdoors? Oh wait, I already know.

Attached: Control.jpg (1600x1451, 427K)

Randall Munroe is a pansy faggot.

Oh you sweet summer child!

I kinda like the way beer tastes desu, it's a lot more refreshing than a Coke. I can't believe my entire country exclusively drinks the stuff.
t. Chilean