Anyone else hate how cucked raspberry pi has become?

Raspberry pi's were the shit when they first came out due to the amount of uses they had (servers, game emulation, bitcoin mining). Nowadays they're so goddamn patronizing with their 'everyone can learn to code' bullshit that I feel like a fucking child for using their products.

Is there a more based single-board computer on the market right now?

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-07-23 21-49-51.png (352x391, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

friendlyarm.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=234
basicengine.org/
youtu.be/jlxX0phpEOY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Raspberry Pi's were always garbage (for server purposes) and anyone worth their money used ODROIDs or other more powerful SBCs

They were cucked from the start.

Dude, when they first came out they were intended to be cheap educational computers for children to learn how to program on. Other use cases just came about because they were cheap and had a good port of a solid server OS.

They were always terrible sjw shill shit.

Broadcom is garbage, there are other SBC on the market that are far far better.

I bought two to use as servers because I'm a morno. What are good uses for the two that I have?

>servers
Do people actually use pi as server, I thought it's always a proof of concept or testing purpose.

What's the benefits of using pi as server as oppose to refurb thinclients from ebay?

Such as?

>Such as?
I hope nobody tells you.

I liked the idea of the portability of SBC's personally (small, easy to move around). I eventually want to make some sort of webscraper, but I figured they'd be good for other projects like security cameras, etc.

It was always basedboy trash. The viral marketing was just hype to make it sound like it was some super cool gizmo every kid on the block had to have. You what's even more sad? When the basedboys realized that they couldn't do anything useful with it due to how difficult it was for them to install node.js, they installed an image of that on arcade distro and used it to play games. Like it's not enough their potato desktop can play them, they're so inept that they need a special computer because setting up emulators is hard.

Only dumb narcissistic assholes try to use a Pi as a server.

Hahaha fuck you

Local DNS server would probably be fine. Wouldn't know other wise as I haven't bought any.

Pis are basically Stone Soup for servers. But they are useful if you want your own webcam/sensor/rempte-GPIO-thing that makes itself avaliable through http.

Hence why I bought two of them

>Raspberry pi's were the shit when they first came out due to ... game emulation
>I feel like a fucking child for using their products.

Attached: 1526649079127.gif (413x243, 51K)

That's honestly the type of thing I'm going for. I'll probably look to get an ODROID if I do larger projects in the future.

>Able to play quality games from my childhood and relive the happy days when I would play with my father.
>Relationship with father has only improved as a result
You jelly bro?

Why would I be? I'm not a zoomer with daddy issues.

I don't have daddy issues because I love and respect my father

I have a massive collection of SBC's I use for a variety of purposes.

Raspberry Pi 3
Raspberry Pi Zero W
Orange Pi Zero
Orange Pi Zero +
Orange Pi Win
Orange Pi PC +
Orange Pi R1
Banana Pi R2
Banana Pi W2
Nano Pi Neo
Nano Pi Neo 2
Nano Pi Fire
Nano Pi M4

For feature for price, you cannot go past the Nano Pi M4 with the eMMC at the moment.
Also, the hats are great you can get a PCI hat and add an M2 drive, nearly all the Nano products support Sata.

friendlyarm.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=234

Armbian has a really good range of software for SBC so you can take your feature set with you.

Worst thing is some of the boards are not finished. Banana Pi they tell you the HDMI doesn't work on Linux and probably never will

Thanks for the info! So what do you have to do on the BananaPi, remote in everytime you need to use it?

Your father sounds gay. Did you guys fuck?

He was gay and we only kissed on the lips, shitlord

Attached: DF3E233064CC43169D82BA284EE99467.jpg (554x554, 17K)

>servers, game emulation, bitcoin mining
Pi was an absolute dogshit for all of these.

This guy found
in this guy's rectal cavity this morning

Attached: found obect morning after party.jpg (800x600, 51K)

that is the most disgusting thing i have ever seen

Intel Galileo
Arduino

>Is there a more based single-board computer on the market right now?
basicengine.org/

Attached: BASIC_ENGINE_ESP8266.jpg (800x736, 235K)

How are the rock boards? For what I see the rockpro has been offering everything the raspi 4 does since a couple of years ago

*pine boards

orange pi is pretty good.

Attached: 1545612681117.jpg (251x242, 15K)

software support is top notch, that is the -sole- thing that matters for these pieces of shit
scream about sjws all you want, just outs you as identically personalitied as a vegan when someone put honey on a piece of bread

EOMA68 about to ship
the hype is real

Attached: eoma-micro-card_jpg_project-body.jpg (749x454, 28K)

Pay up or shut up

Attached: jetson-nano-family-press-image-hd.jpg (1920x1080, 309K)

Looking to blow your money?

Attached: 945-82771-0000-000_img1.jpg (1000x791, 176K)

Rock64

Attached: pine64_rock64_detail.jpg (965x315, 106K)

what is this?

>bitcoin mining
enjoy your 1 hash per second

>has become?
cucked from the start, shitty processor that is not open source at all and requires blobs and shit (you even need to register and pay extra for a loicense to play mpeg2 on cuckcom website)

But ODROID can't do what RPi does.
Can it broadcast FM signal?
Does it come in size as small as RPi0?
Does it have the community support?

1 reverse image search is all you needed dumbass.

>Do people actually use pi as server
Yeah, if you need a really low cost server with very low usage.
I have RPi 2B, that I use as a chat server for the dorm.

sort of want

although I'm slightly worried it might get stuck

I have a dream of using an agent-based framework (such as JADE) with various raspberries distributed around my house with sensors and actuators to take a shot at autonomous home automation.

Probably this project will never leave my head, but I think it's a cool idea nevertheless

>me tech-geek
Fag

>dorm = college
Typical amerifat.

you can do that already with z-waves and a pi running hass

how would you get it stuck? it has a flat end so thats basically impossible and your body is great at shoving things out the rear end (aka shitting)

>Nowadays they're so goddamn patronizing with their 'everyone can learn to code' bullshit that I feel like a fucking child for using their products.
huh? you know that has been the point from the beginning, right?
if you want something useful and powerful, basically anything else is better
the one thing rpi has is strong support and existing resources for it, with other ones you're a bit more on your own

The low energy consumption. A Rpi0 uses WAY less electricity than a lightbulb. You can leave one in your parents/siblings house as a private off-site backup server you can upload your code to.

I SSH into all of them, I think only one of them isn't running a server cli distro

>Arduino
>SBC
Pick one and only one, faggot.

DNS, Pihole, setting up various containers of shit you want to try but not fuck your whole system with an install.

literally anything

>raspberry pi

youtu.be/jlxX0phpEOY

the minute I heard it could drive two 4K displays I knew the project was dead

>muh fond memories of muh dad
fuck off

How autistic can one be? If you liked their products and it suited your needs, why in the name of all living beings do you feel like a child when you probably aren't even one?

everything is cucked these days
mental illness and where someone sticks their dick matter more than objectivity.

buy an FPGA dev board and design your own from scratch

Unironically, Intel Compute Stick is the best small form factor pc. Get the the 4GB one with 64bit Windows, it works just as good as a real desktop

They're ridiculously expensive.

The biggest reason to get a Raspberry Pi is the excellent community software support that they have. Nearly every open source operating system has images for the latest Raspberry Pi. Devuan/Debian, Ubuntu, the BSDs, RiscOS, and more. The same can't be said for most other ARM SBCs. What's the point of a computer if you can't find software to run on it?

>What's the benefits of using pi as server as oppose to refurb thinclients from ebay?
Raspberry Pi draws less power and it's good enough for many use cases, like backing up simple text files, ad blocking, etc. It's a 1GHz quad core computer with 1GB of RAM that runs a Unix-like operating system. 20 years ago it would've been considered pretty good for a server. You can also use them as media players. Mine plays 1080p movies and videos just fine on my TV.

This. Video games are for children.

Based. I kinda wanna get one of those.