What is the minimum system requirement to run this shit?

What is the minimum system requirement to run this shit?
I lags like shit on my i3 2.2GHz cpu with 8 GB RAM. I thought linux was supposed to be fluent and faster than Windows.

Attached: gnome-logo-100468870-large.jpg (580x388, 11K)

it* lags like...

Your problem is gnome not linux. Consider using Budgie If want eye candy with low resource usage.

They're doing a lot of performance work, and more to come. What Gnome version are you using?

This. Budgie is basically gnome 3 without the lag and retardation.

Your system isn't lagging, GNOME was designed to make it seem like your system is lagging

Gnome sucks. Use xfce.

5GHz CPU and 8GB GDDR6 GPU, and even then it might lag. GNOME is very demanding.

When does it lag exactly, sir?

I hate GNOME and KDE, after trying to learn KDE as a kid, I think that is why I am so off

I comfortably run it on my Pentium T4400 with 3GB RAM.

use xfce or i3 with tabs

This. I have 500mb ram usage on bootup with gnome. Looks good, and is functional

I comfortably run it on a hardware configuration like yours

I bet you use a distro that ships GNOME with a bunch of shitty patches and have a dozen extensions installed on top of that.

Install KDE Plasma

QT is not free software and its written in C++ which is harmful. Use Gnome which is the official GNU Desktop(Gnome stands for GNU Desktop Environment) and it uses the official GNU-Linux toolkit GTK which is written in C and is open source and not harmful.

was*
I won't argue on the choice of languages and frameworks but don't start your point off with a lie.

Give KDE a chance. It's very good nowadays, and hardly heavier than XFCE

>hardly heavier than XFCE
except disk usage

Nice B8 M8.

GNOME is bloat garbage. Lags as well on my i7 8700k. But speed aside, it's a pain in the ass to use compared to virtually anything on the market, XFCE, LXDE, Mate, KDE, Cinnamon...

Only braindead retards that can't afford a Mac use it.
Install KDE instead.

That's because of a single background service they have enabled by default on most distros, and you can disable it.

I remember Gnome back in 2007 working like a charm on typical computers of the time. Haven't really used it since then, though. They probably fucked it up for some retarded reason.
There are better, leaner options as you probably know.

gnome 3.30 only needs 600mb ram
something is wrong with your system
retard

>600MB
>only
ahahahahahahahahahaha Debian XFCE needs

You'll need an AMD threadripper, 64GB of RAM, and two GTX 1080s in crossfire.

600mb for just the gnome shell or?

Open your app list, nigger. Tell me it doesn't lag. RAM usage isn't the only fucking resource on a computer.

>linux
If I remember correctly, modern Ubuntu takes something like 50 Mb of ram and it works great.
DE is an application. It looks like your DE is suboptimal for your machine..

Subjectively, xmonad is the fastest that I've worked with.

>What is the minimum system requirement to run this shit?
Zen 2, 16GB ram, 32GB if you want wallpaper.