3rd generation butterfly switches

>3rd generation butterfly switches
So it's it safe to say they are never returning to scissor switches?

Attached: Screenshot_20190724-085600_Chrome.jpg (1080x535, 244K)

Other urls found in this thread:

applemagazine.com/apple-expected-to-drop-butterfly-keyboard-and-return-to-scissor-switch-with-new-macs/39988
techsparx.com/blog/2019/07/apple-ditching-keyboard.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

applemagazine.com/apple-expected-to-drop-butterfly-keyboard-and-return-to-scissor-switch-with-new-macs/39988

you fail to realize, once apple does something, they never go back compared to literally any brand

techsparx.com/blog/2019/07/apple-ditching-keyboard.html

Your chink leak says the 2019 macbook air would have them, but is now confirmed to have butterfly switches.

See and answer my question

they are getting sued out the ass for a faulty design from the ground up + they have been offering free keyboard repairs for all butterfly macbooks. the butterfly keyboard is dead.

clearing out their old stock is all

Isn't new MacBook Pro with normal scissor design?

I was thinking about buying it.

>massive ugly bezels

Hard pass.

Nope

>Supply Chain Expects New 16-Inch MacBook Pro, 13-Inch MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air to Launch in October (2019)

>Apple releasing new macbooks 3 months after their previous release
Do you believe this yourself?

Well, shit.
Then I'm not interested in that $3k+ laptop.
Thanks, user.

Considering they rushed out the current MBP and MBA before the new keyboards were ready, yeah.

just because they're getting sued doesn't mean they're going to change their design.
look at the bendgate meme and compare that to the modern ones and the ipad pro

i can't imagine them returning to it. i work at a repair shop that's an apple authorized service provider, and keyboard issues are far and away the #1 problem in 2016-2017 models. it happens with 2015s and 2018s too, albeit much less commonly. it's a shit design and i hope they've learned from their mistakes

Actual good input, thanks.

Is the butterfly switch really that bad compared to the scissor one when it werks as it should?

yes, definitely. my understanding is they are returning to the scissor switch with the 2019 models not only because of the pragmatic issues, but because users prefer it in general. apple went with the butterfly because it's way slimmer and made way for a preferable form factor in its devices, and to be fair, yes, they're about as slim as can be, for a variety of reasons not limited to the keyboard... but you don't want a device that slouches on keyboard. get a scissor switch model, it will be more reliable and provide superior tactile response and feel, no question.

>buying a 3k+ laptop
>buying a MacBook
>buying anything MacOS

Well, I want to use "SketchUP" and it's only available for Windows or MacOS.
Latter is definitely better.
>buying a 3k+ laptop
>buying a MacBook
Not really an arguement, is it?

>MacBook
Just get a $300 Acer from Walmart. You'll get the same performance and reliability.

>Just get a $300 Acer from Walmart. You'll get the same performance and reliability.
What I would actually get is
>Way worse screen
>Way worse GPU performance
>Way worse OS
>Way worse build quality
>Same level of upgradeability
>Way worse components
No, thank you.
Only think I will be missing compared to my current laptop are charging thresholds and easy Linux Dualboot.
Currently I have Void Linux on internal m.2 NVME drive and windows on an external SSD.
As I understand, that's impossible with MacBooks, so I'll be forced to Dualboot.

Also, MacBook gives me thunderbolt over USB Type-C

Don't bother mate, that guy has been spouting the same shit and "iPajeet" for a while now. Does he ever sleep?

also known as the only standardized spec and protocol of USB type-C

>also known as the only standardized spec and protocol of USB type-C
Yep, but AMD based laptops, for example, don't have them.
Same as many others.

bump