/spg/ - Smartphone General

Galaxy Note 10 Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: D_Hu_toUwAACWGx.jpg (2048x1229, 133K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FxTjwbxRZfQ
soundguys.com/android-usb-audio-class-3-0-18494/
fccid.io/2AFZZ-XMSF11G
theverge.com/2019/6/20/18692589/vivo-super-flashcharge-120w-fast-charging-time
theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2019/3/26/18282069/xiaomi-100w-super-charge-turbo-fast-charger
xda-developers.com/xiaomi-miui-app-drawer-app-shortcuts/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>he doesn't use an iPhone

Attached: 1544884469673.jpg (2476x1920, 1.3M)

>MUH TREE POINT FIVE EMEME
sack the FUCK up you cock gargling sons of bitches, the jack is GONE
only Xiaomi phones have those now, even Samsung has DITCHED it starting with the Note 10 and presumably with the S11 phones there won't be a single Galaxy phone with the jack
hell, Xiaomi doesn't have it in a lot of their phones (Mi 9, Mi Mix 3), they'll be the last to ditch it but by god they will. After that, only budget phones will have the jack and that will go away too
why the FUCK should I restrict my choice of phones because it has no jack, something I can just work around with an adapter? Fucking LOL, see you losers in a year when there's no phones above $300 that sport the jack.

What's the difference between the Xiaomi K20 Pro and Mi 9t?

Attached: 2019053001628491i5qdglt.jpg (1000x1000, 101K)

For the love of god if you're gonna have a hole punch at least put it in the corner so it's a little less of an eyesore.

is it worth it to get the xiaomi mi mix 3 without 4g?

all i see is that the 5g version has is the sd855 and different storage options, and i've barely used up 40% storage on my 128gb pixel 2 xl and LTE is just fine for me.

i'm from denmark so its cellular bands should fit just fine

anyone know a good rom for xiaomi phones? using xiaomi.eu atm but it still feels chinese tier. wanting to try pixel experience or lineage os.

im assuming xiaomi.eu rom is the best of the worst.

>corner
you serious? You'll be blanking it out anyway, it's more uniform to have it square in the middle. Fuck the corner meme, I'm glad it's dead now.
Absolutely, you cunt.

9T has more bands, Pro has better chip, and minor camera, gps, charging improvements, and you can get 8/256

Hope this is the right thread, my post is regarding tablets.
I usually do streaming from my PC to my tablet, which recently broke. I was using a Kindle Fire HDX 8.9. The video coming from my computer is 16:9 aspect ratio.
I looked at about 20 different tablets, from Samsung, Lenovo, Huawei, etc. and not a single tablet had the right aspect ratio, which was kind of surprising to me.
Can Jow Forums recommend a tablet for me? My budget would be right around $300-400. My only real requirements is 16:9 aspect ratio screen, Bluetooth, wifi (no cell shit) and it would be bad ass if it was rootable.
>pic related

Attached: Screenshot_20190724-010957_Brave.jpg (800x1280, 381K)

is there a 9t pro coming that's closer to the k20 pro, or am i getting confused here?

the mi 9t is the k20

the k20 pro will become the mi 9t pro which is yet to be annunced

If and when Mi 9T Pro arrives after summer it'll be the K20 Pro with more bands.

>no 4g
might as well kill yourself.

Unironically this. Buy a dedicated music player if your an audiophile. Bluetooth is the way forward due to convenience. Fuck getting cables snagged in things all the time.

Attached: 1541598616200.jpg (2646x2797, 3.79M)

typo, meant 5g.

>less features
>less convenience
>even more expensive with all that
>good
Fuck off. You can't charge and listen to music at the same time, not all adapters work on all phones and having to charge your headphones is another downside. Not to mention that Bluetooth audio is still hot garbage and not an actual alternative.
youtu.be/FxTjwbxRZfQ
soundguys.com/android-usb-audio-class-3-0-18494/

I'm a dumb ass. I just realized my old tablet was 16:10. I don't know why it doesn't look like shit when I use Remotr with my PC. Oh well, the search continues...

ah i see, thanks

The worst part about bt buds is charging them all the time. I prefer wireless frequently, but if it runs out of juice having a cabled backup without dongles is nice.

bought moto g7 plus
how hard did i fuck up?

Pretty nice, reminds me of my Oneplus One.

Nah fuck bluetooth, 3.5mm adapters will do the job.
What kind of a piece of shit uses his phone at all when it's charging? Charging tech gets better every day. Chinkphones go from 0 to 100 in an hour. What the fuck man can't you let your phone be for an hour? Jesus fucking Christ. Even if it's just at 60% or something it'll take half an hour to top it up, then you can listen to as much music as you want. Sounds like you're making bullshit up or you're that guy from Baby Driver who needs music up his ass literally 24/7. What a useless fucking complaint. Fuck off

Have you ever played a game?

i have an ipad with about 6 small hairline scratches on it. it's nearing the end of my applecare 2 year period that i bought with the ipad and i'm just wondering why people wouldn't buy applecare if it means you basically get a new ipad with new battery when you send it in for a replacement? my battery lifes not as good as when it was new and so applecare just seems like such a win win feature. only issue is if you look after it TOO well and have no scratches so don't have a reason to send it in and get a free new ipad with new battery? in this situation do people deliberately put scratches on it?

Imagine buying chinky K20 Pro when you can get a polished experience on the OnePlus 7 for just $30 more LOL
fucking Xiaomi fucked up, they're charging too much for bottom of the barrel chinkshit

Playing bidio games on your phone? Alright do that, just give your phone an hour every day to charge up. Are you an addict, an hour is too much? Fucking hell fuck off with these bullshit scenarios, any asshole can spare an hour from his day to charge his phone, chinkphones give you 8 hours SoT at the least, you have the whole day left to rape it with your games as much as you want.

>What kind of a piece of shit uses his phone at all when it's charging?
Less features good, huh?
>Chinkphones go from 0 to 100 in an hour.
In. An. Hour? You sure about that? By the way, all phones are "chinkphones".
Don't know what the fuck else were you droning on about, but good thing you ignored other bigger downsides.

*ahem*

Attached: 62a5ac1c9639ffcfc5d2783463d459e5.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

Bluetooth headphones are good.
shelling out $100 is fine for high quality product.
stop being poor

opinion discarded

Mi 9T Pro is coming:
fccid.io/2AFZZ-XMSF11G

Mi 9T has the FCC ID 2AFZZ-XMSF10G. As for the model number, the Mi 9T is M1903F10G, the K20 is M1903F10A/T/C and the K20 Pro is M1903F11A/T/C. This one has the model number M1903F11G, so it's very likely the Mi 9T Pro. Xiaomi getting it certified by FCC means they're planning to launch it in western/global markets (ie. outside China and India).

based Xiaomi

t. spent 6 months of my salary on a OP7P and now i'm trying to convince myself it was the right thing to do in an indonesian underwater basket weaving bulletin board

Clover/kuroba might be the deciding factor for me between the pixel 4 and iPhone 11

OP7 vs K20 Pro
>ugly notch
>no headphone jack
>smaller battery
>no telephoto or wideangle lens
>higher price

You'd be a retard to get the OP7 considering all this. Also the only place where the OP7 sells for that cheap is the land of street shitters known as India, in Europe OP7 is 550€ so Redmi K20 Pro is way cheaper.

What? It's almost a 200€ difference here

Fuck, might actually have to consider config options now. Hope they've learned to make more red ones this time.

Stupid fuck, chinkphones have faster charging compared to Pixels or Samshite or someone similar, get my fucking meaning?

Hahahahahahaha

Okay so you haven't. Some games eat up 1% every minute even on flagships. I'm not going to spend 1 hour charging for every 1.5 hours I play.

9t has emmc storage

Any phone not designed to be used horizontally is automatically bad for gaming. Even if you want the 3.5mm jack gone, the charging port has to be on the side instead of at the top or at the bottom. Thick bezels are also desirable so as to get a good grip while gaming.

>I want to play my gaymes but I don't want to charge my battery for it
typical zoomer who can't cope with the inadequacies of reality. Maybe don't play shitty mobile games if it literally rapes your battery? Us first worlders can get consoles and PCs, we don't have to rely on shitphones for gaming

I like the port at the bottom because I never use my phone sideways, fuck gamers lol that's what they get for gayming on phones

That's why I get phones with a headphone jack so I can charge while playing. The Asus ROG Phone 2 looks good.

>wear nice bluetooth overear headphones
>music hits, caught in the moment
>Jamal yanks your headphones off (still usable because no cable) and runs away with his genetically superior legs
> you got memed

>be walking around the street
>my Xiaomi Mi Senses fire up
>sense a fellow Xiaomi Mi Bro in distress
>fire up my Xiaomi Mi Scooter
>see Tyrone running away
>MIUI System Message: Target Acquired
>Activate Xiaomi Mi Scooter's Xiaomi Mi MIssiles
>Fire them up
>Tyrone blows and burns up in glorius Twilight Gold along with his Onepoo
>Go to fellow Xiaomi Mi Bro
>See his Xiaomi Mi 9T by Xiaomi is running non official firmware
>"Silly you, fellow brother. No wonder you are unhappy"
>get the kernel and MIUI source code and audit it for him, removing every unwanted feature just for him, thanks to Xiaomi making their source code open source
>flash it for him, works as new
>he cries tears joy as girls start to surround him in chorus orgasmic cries of Mi lust
>"The problems are not over."
>the "girl" starts running away
>my Xiaomi Mi Scooter MIUI AI fires up and blocks her way
>I get up to her
>remove her pants
>reveal penis
>he screams in eternal agony as she's being exposed as the deceiver he is
>"Thanks fellow brother, you saved me."
>"That's my job.", I say as I fire up my Xiaomi Mi Scooter and ride towards the sunset, until the next day comes, with a view of the Pacific Ocean by my side.

How is Google Fi service for someone who doesn't want to use data much?

I am interested in the $300 off a Pixel 3 but I wondered if someone could talk me out of it. That and I want off Metro PCS and this shitty chink phone that overheats.

>listening to music while walking in public
unless you're at a mall or jogging in a safe park, don't do it it's basic common sense.

Pixel 3? Jesus get a chinkphone.

lmao who wants to hear the inane blabbering of the human refuse populating the streets instead

I refuse to use a phone that doesn't have
- a 3.5mm jack
- dual sim + esim
- a microsim slot
- usb-c
- no camera bump
- no bloatware
- no spyware
- no notch
- removable back
- replaceable battery
- built-in fm radio
- a price under $300
What should I get?

A gun

Why is it that bad? I have a chink-phone and it's kinda miserable with how the GPS shits itself all the time and the coverage is spotty.

Doesn't exist.

A head examination

A parachute

it has UFS

Uh, Oukitel K10000 Pro?

iPhone XS Max

excellent work, user

mi 9t good? i want to get a new phone even though mine is perfectly fine, i want no notch & no front camera or one thats hidden by default.

galaxy s5 neo

Redmeme note 8 when?

Yes as long as MIUI doesn't bother you

Not him but,
I came from EMUI, what's different?

You want a dumbphone

Looking for recs for a new phone
Been using a 2017 Galaxy A5 for 2 years
It was good, especially the battery life and design, but the camera and performance coud be a lot better

>country
Lithuania
>wanted features
good camera, good performance, good battery, absolutely no notch (either fullscreen or slim bezels), external storage is a bonus, headphone jack is preferable
>budget
around 300 EUR
>size
doesn't matter

Attached: 1494167665321.png (671x519, 146K)

not much, it's just another Android skin that looks a bit different
there's no app drawer tho

Mi 9T

Damn that's so shitty

Just by default or it's gone - gone?

Guess i'll have to use a launcher again

>Stupid fuck, chinkphones have faster charging compared to Pixels or Samshite or someone similar, get my fucking meaning?
Hey, retard, why in the actual flying fucking fucking fuck are you even talking about charging? This was all about the headphone jack. And you claimed "chinkphones" charge in an hour without any examples. And yeah, your Pixels are totally not Chinese.

Attached: 1563967142843.png (768x576, 452K)

you have to use a launcher if you want an app drawer in MIUI
I've used Stock Android, Samsung's and LG's UI and MIUI and honestly it's not so bad. Obviously Stock Android is the nicest but you get used to it. I would worry more about the specs and price of the phone, and Xiaomi is unbeatable at that.

Got a samsung phone, super amoled screen and all. Noticed the dark theme ain't fully black and from what I'm reading it's so it doesn't burn in. That true?

White girls are goddesses

Not that user, but OP7P can charge to full in around an hour with Warp charging (30w), Mate 20 Pro and P30 Pro and take a similar amount of time with Huawei's 40w SuperCharge, and those phones have big 4000mah+ batteries. Oppo's SuperVOOC fast charging is even more powerful at 50w, it can charge the Oppo Find X Lamborghini edition from empty to 100% in 35 minutes (the phone only has 3600mah though). The chinks have already demoed fast charging tech that can charge a battery from empty to full in less than 20 minutes:
theverge.com/2019/6/20/18692589/vivo-super-flashcharge-120w-fast-charging-time
theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2019/3/26/18282069/xiaomi-100w-super-charge-turbo-fast-charger

>Not that user, but OP7P can charge to full in around an hour with Warp charging (30w), Mate 20 Pro and P30 Pro and take a similar amount of time with Huawei's 40w SuperCharge
Didn't know about the actual numbers, but thanks. Probably because those numbers and the wattage isn't so widespread.
>Oppo's SuperVOOC fast charging is even more powerful at 50w, it can charge the Oppo Find X Lamborghini edition from empty to 100% in 35 minutes (the phone only has 3600mah though).
This is a big leap, but then again only on one exclusive device.

Wat.

Thoughts on nokia 6.2

Attached: nokia_x71_gsm.jpg (722x586, 61K)

They realized having no app drawer is retarded and they're putting it into their stock launcher
xda-developers.com/xiaomi-miui-app-drawer-app-shortcuts/
But this is still in the alpha builds so it'll be months before it's a widespread thing.

Anyone here using Hyperion launcher?

>hole punch

OnePlus 7 Pro

Budget chinkshit

Based

> Galaxy Note 10 Edition
Looks like huawei and sony had a mutt baby together

where is the earpiece

Waiting for Mi 9T Pro is going to kill me

In the top bezel, you can see it if you zoom in

>Oneplus7 might arrive tomorrow
Good Flip delivery is horrendous

>basically get a new ipad with new battery
If you send it in for a screen replacement then they will replace the screen. If they fuck up you get a refurbished with new battery.

note 10 looks dank, i'll be getting it in 2025

Will the pixel 4 xl have just as good battery life as the 3a xl?
Why will it look like an autist phone. Does it have to?

>browsing like crazy Xiaomi models
>can't decide at all
>go to chink restaurant last evening
>get this cookie

What did they mean with this?

Attached: 20190724_144822-1.jpg (1226x3485, 430K)

Wait for mi 9t pro

it means stop being a consumerist faggot and get whatever is cheapest

I'm a big proponent of Bluetooth because I care more about convenience than audio quality when I'm out and about and I hate having the cable dangling around, but I still want a headphone jack on my phone.

I want to be able to grab a pair of cheap IEMs I can use when I don't want to risk breaking or losing my expensive Bluetooth headphones, and you can't charge the phone and use headphones at the same time with a dongle which I need because I'm into hiking and things like that where I use my phone for maps. My car uses AUX as well, so I can't charge the phone and listen to music at the same time while driving either. And even the cheapest headphone dongle where I live costs like 20 bucks.

There's literally no relation between your ability to use Bluetooth and having a headphone jack. Not having a headphone jack might be fine for office drones who commute to work on the subway and then sit in front of a computer screen eight hours a day, who can use dongles and charge the phone wirelessly or use Bluetooth headphones while they're not using their phone, but the rest of us who actually have a life outside of work wants to have headphone jacks even if we use Bluetooth as well.

Nobody is forcing you to buy a phone. If you support blatantly anti-consumer tactics it's your problem, not mine. If a company doesn't want my money it won't get it, simple.

Any experiences with the OP6T on verizon? Going to be switching later this year and wondering if I need a new phone. Does OP7 Pro have better support? I cant stand samshit (bad UI and muh curved screens) and the Pixel 3 is an abomination.